When you get water on your tamagotchi..

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BuddiLuvsYew

Reaction score
OK, yesterday I was trying to paint my tamagotchi

BAD IDEA

I painted it too quickly, the paint got all lumpy and stuff, so I went to go wash it off.

I was washing the paint off upstairs over a sink in running water.. and I stupidly dropped my tamagotchi in the sink D:

The tam had batteries in it and everything, and it wasnt spazzing so I thought it was fine so I dried it off and continued removing the paint.

When I was done, I hit the 'A' button to check on my tam, and the whole thing SPAZZED!

It was like I was hitting the 'A' button over and over again, and all the icons were flashing on the top and bottom over and over again.

I tried everything. I took the battery out, reset it, shook it a good bit, hit it to try and shake water out, everything.

Then, i got an IDEA :D

I took the back off my tam and took the battery out.

Then, I walked around the house for 15 to 30 minutes, taking a chinese paper folding fan, airing the whole tam out.

Also, I pulled on the 'A' button a good deal, because water mightve gotten stuck underneath the button, and that mightve been why it was spazzing.

Then, I put the battery back in, and my tam was perfectly fine! It can still connect and go to tamatown and everything!

The only problem was, the dumb thing reset itself (when I put the battery back in, I meant to hit download but the thing was moving so fast I accidentally hit reset :D ) and I had a real cute young memetchi on second Gen D:

But, I saved my tam and I can tell a funny story and maybe help other people :D

(Its was funny because my mum was so happy she thought I broke my tamagotchi, she was like YAY! then I fixed it and she was real dissapointed :D )

My V1 way back when was dropped off the table into my dogs water dish. All I did was take the battery out and let it sit for a day to dry, thing worked fine after that. Though I kept taking it apart and debugging it until one day it just stopped working. I never really liked the V1s in the first place, I'm more of a V3 girl myself, but I don't know what that has to do with this story...

Why is your mom disappointed? :lol: Isn't she glad that you didn't waste your money when you bought your tamagotchi? that's so weird -_- :( :D
LOL tamagotchi drive her nuts. I have no idea why. If she was younger, didnt have kids, a job or other pets/a husband to take care of, I bet she would like them, but shes just..... a mom XD I bought this tamagotchi a while ago anyway.. and I have ten, so if one of them breaks, she has a party XD

I'm surprised shes still buying me one for Christmas LOL

Another way is open up the battery thing then the other thing and put it on a warm vent.
Gotta watch the warm vents... if the tam gets too hot, the circuits might fry. It'll result in doing more bad than good. The same goes for trying to use a blowdryer. The best way to dry out your tam if you ever do get it wet is to let it air dry. :D

maybe your mom hates tamas?And great idea!I did that once and my brother fixed it for me :furawatchi:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hehe! Maybe if I drop my tam in the sink I'll do that. Your mom hates tams no doubt about it.

my mom is ok with tamas but my dad hates them. When all the girls at my school had them he was talking to another girls dad and they were talking about crushing them with sludge hammers!!!!!

anyways, good thinking. Ill do the same if I ever get my tama wet (but I hope I wont have too).

I remember my dad was so mad at me he took my music star and threw it in the sink while I was washing my face (Oh no!)... The A button kept going on and on, it's obviously because water got into the circuit board. What I did was open it up, find the area with the buttons, and wiped off the water. Good as new!

oh MY BRO PUT ME V5 IN THE TOILET THEN ME V6 ME V5 IS GONE FOREVA MY V6 HAS SCRATCH PUT OK

I had almost the same experience as you XD I was stupid enough to put an OPENED CAN sprite in my bag together with my tam, psp and handphone :p then it all spilled out and my tam went mute :D

I tried opening the cover, fanning it, drying it under the sun, reseting it... but it all didn't work... the sound just doesn't come back. Then miracle happened when I brought it back 'home' with me to Japan (Mine's the EXILE TMGC+C which was bought from Japan, yah so my tam was sorta like went home?) last week. the sound just came back when i reached narita airport XD

guess it still likes where it is supposed to belong to more XD

Haha I think that's an amazing tale, if my tam gets wet (from painting it?! :D ) then i will do that! :)

Why is your mom disappointed? :huh:   Isn't she glad that you didn't waste your money when you bought your tamagotchi? that's so weird :mellow:   :mellow:   :mellow:
yeah, there's no tamagotchi in my country, I had to buy TMGCs from USA and bought a couple to connect because none of my friends have TMGC.

So my TMGCs are rare and valuable in my country :D

Latest posts

Back