Protecting your tamagotchi screen

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oumashta

Reaction score
Oh I recently bought toys R us shell tamagotchi v4 and I've just had it for a few days and it already has numerous scratches on it's screen. But I take very good care of it and it has never dropped or touched anything hard. I had an idea of cutting a phone screen protector and putting it on my tamagotchi, but it fell out today. Any suggestions to make my tamagotchi screen have no scratches???

Also, if you play with them frequently, don't forget to give them reqular check-overs and even touch up their paint.

Also, make sure you follow all the useful tips in this topic and that should work all right.

Mine has a lot of scratches too~ Anyway..If you want a nice and non-scratched tamagotchi, you should keep any metal items away from your tama. Also, try not to drop it too often. I hope this helps~

Oh my tamagotchi is an asian jinsei tamagotchi. It's the special toys R us version and it doesn't have a chain, it has beads.

If I get the chance I'll take a picture of it. The design looks like a giraffe pattern and it has tamagotchis all over it, and not to mention that creepy toys R us giraffe. I bought it for myself in toys R us in hong kong. I put the blue rubber case on it (of which I bought in the US) it should be protected. And thanks for the tip about putting it in a plastic bag:D And the reason why I have all this stuff from different countries is because I travel allot. (in case anyone was wondering)

Something else you may want to try is Displex, it should be rather cheap to buy and rubbing your Tamagotchi with it should take out the scratches. But if you do this, you might want to try it on a old or broken Tamagotchi first so you don't ruin your limited edition.

:.Chloe

Oh what is displex? I'll google it, thanks for the tips. :mimitchi:

EDIT: I googled it and it said it's only good for lCD screens and will ruin other types of screens:(

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats odd I have heard people say they have used it and had great success on the Tamagotchi. I have never tried it so this isn't the best information. Has anyone actually tried this on the screen and also had success?

:.Chloe

Well I have a few ideas... I'll though them out.

Purely your choice if you choose to do the glue or zipper pull pouch. I will not be held responcible for what you do to your tamagotchi.

You can buy a flat zipper pull pencil holder, they will stay in there pretty well....

Chance it, ONLY if you feel the need... CAREFULLY paint a THIN layer of NORMAL glue on the screen. MAKE SURE it will dry clear on a peiece of clear plastic (Like the plastic in came in) If so, do it VERY CAREFULLY. Make sure it stays ON the screen and doesn't touch the shell. (It won't do anything to the shell but if you need inside, it may keep things stuck if it attaches to anything inside the tamagotchi itself)

I would recommend the zipper pull idea myself. But the glue idea is more.... permanent.

One thing I did was I bought some DS screen protecters and cut them so they fit the size of my tama screen.

It seemed to work :p

And if its a bit to big, you can always pull the screen protector off when your playing with your tamagotchi and put it back on afterwords.

Personally, I removed the big chain all the way down to the big jump ring and then I put one of those dog tag chains on it, but I cut it down to size. It's smaller, lighter and it wont scratch your screen because there's no sharp edges. Putting a small screen protector over it might help it from further damage as well. If you have a palm pilot, you can cut down a screen protector from it since they're basically the same type of screen in the first place. Hope that helped!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back