Tamagotchi packaging...

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cakey

Reaction score
For christmas, I got a 1997 tamagotchi mothra and a brand new tamagotchi v5. I noticed that the tama from 1997 was MUCH easier to open, and the packaging is still in perfect shape so I can put mothra back when I want to play with a different version. The v5 packaging on the v5 took me about 15 minutes to open, and i had to cut up the package to open it, unlike the 1997 tama where all I the plastic part has nifty little flaps, making opening the package MUCH, MUCH easier to open. I don't understand why bandai can't use the simpler packaging, it probably uses much less plastic, and it is so much easier to open.

Anyone else notice this? :unsure:

I agree. Japanese Tamagotchis generally have friendlier packaging.

Perhaps the sealed all-plastic packaging for over-seas models (meaning those sold in Australia, America, and Europe) was designed to reduce shop-lifting.

It would be great if it were simpler. I spent a while looking for a pair of scissors, then a while cutting up the package.

(Yes, I got some cuts as well) :D

Yeah, you guys are all right. It uses less plastic too. And using too much plastic is also one cause of global warming cause all that plastic goes to the trash, and will be buried in the earth. D=

:| Hm.

I like the packaging. I find it easy to open. Many children, when they get their new tamagotchi, like to open it in the car. Therefore, there's nothing to open it with. but if you wait till you get home, all you really need is a knife. I've opened packages with car keys. Even a pencil. I find the request of different packaging rediculous. O: Bandai has done a great job. Less plastic would mean less protected tamagotchis ^.-

//Ms.MilkMalty

Guys... I hate to tell you this (Even if you know...)

They make the packages 100% pressure sealed around the edge so kids/people don't steal them. Years ago, back in 97' during the craze when they were released, many were stolen because of those packages.

Personally, I'd rather have them sealed like they are today. Mainly, I want to be sure to have every part of it, and it not to be damaged/scrathed when I buy them. Rather safe then sorry... right?

Most small things you buy now a days are packaged like that, mostly to discourage shoplifting. I usually use a box cutter to open them, makes it pretty easy and I have yet to cut myself. Though I would suggest you not try it if your younger, I don't want to be responsible for hundreds of children getting stitches...

I dont mind the packaging it stops them getting damaged by little kids opening them. I just use the shapthing my mum uses to cut off the alarms at her job anyway Lolz.

Like Binary said, it would probably prevent shop lifting, and also makes the Tamagotchi More safer, too.

I kind of like that its hard to open.It gives it more suspense when Im opening a new tama. :D

I like the packaging too (the safeness & design). I try to cut around the box so it won't look so damaged. Sometimes I just rip it but I feel bad later on when my mom gives me a reason to throw it away... :furawatchi:

Plastic is cheaper then cardboard? =O or boxes i guess...?

No, boxes are probably cheaper... But thing is, if your paying roughly 14-16 dollars for one... You want it to be nice without damages. That is more likely the case for plastic packing.

I think it's mainly because of stealing.

If they packaging was easy to open, tamagotchi's would be missing from the packaging.

[SIZE=14pt]I broke about 3 pairs of sissors tryin to open v3-5 packaging[/SIZE]

The reason the Tamagotchis have those types of case is because to make the kids excited for example. Kid:"Dad can you open this thing now"

Dad:"no you need a pair of scissors" Kid:"oh can't wait to open the tamagotchi, im so excited"(looking at tamagotchi V5 pictures)

And I do also think they did it to reduce shop lifting and I also think that they did it to make kids exited too.

We will never know for sure.

Like stated before, the idea is to stop them from being taken from the stores. I'm not really sure why but Japan I gies has less of a shop lifting record? So they get more friendly packages. Darn shoplifters! :D

Good point about the shoplifting! I didn't think about that when I was comparing the two packages, I agree that it's better to take 15 minutes opening a dificult package than to open an empty one ;)

For christmas, I got a 1997 tamagotchi mothra and a brand new tamagotchi v5. I noticed that the tama from 1997 was MUCH easier to open, and the packaging is still in perfect shape so I can put mothra back when I want to play with a different version. The v5 packaging on the v5 took me about 15 minutes to open, and i had to cut up the package to open it, unlike the 1997 tama where all I the plastic part has nifty little flaps, making opening the package MUCH, MUCH easier to open. I don't understand why bandai can't use the simpler packaging, it probably uses much less plastic, and it is so much easier to open.
Anyone else notice this? :)
Japan has much nicer packeging still. My TMGC+C was so nice and easy to open. I hate how others you need sissors for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back