How do you pronounce?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tamagotchicheerleader

Reaction score
I have heard other people pronounce tama names. I tried to sound them out as good as I can. I pronounce it like they do on lets go tamagotchi english. I used Mametchi as a example, there are way more names I could of used.

Ma me tchi

When written in Romaji, each letter has the same pronounciation in every occurance. (Unlike English where the pronounciation of letters depends on their location in a word, and other letters on either side of them.)

A: is pronounced the same as the each a in banana.

I: is the same as the i in ski (down-hill sport on snow).

U: is similar to, but not quite as long as, the double o sound in moon.

E: is as the e in net.

O: as in no (opposite of yes).

G: as in go.

Y: as in yellow.

Most Japanese characters consist of a consonant sound and vowel sound together (such as "ma", "me", "tchi".) The only exceptions are the vowels "a", "i", "u", "e", and "o", which can be alone, and the consonant "n" can be alone (as in "pa" "n" "da".)

The i on the end of "shi", "chi", and "tchi" when occurring at the very end of a Japanese word, is sometimes silent, in casual conversation.

Note: Bandai has embeded English words in some Tamagotchi character names. You can't use the Romaji rules of pronounciation for these names. Example: Maidtchi is English "Maid" and Japanese "tchi"

Tamagotchi names give me headaches. I can never remember which one goes with what charecter, or how it's pronounced or whatever.

I know how to pronouce som tamagotchi names. Key: - means that the sylibles are being separated.

You pronounce chi like i and y

Mametchi: Mam-met-chi :p

Itchigotchi: Itchi-gotchi :p

Watchi: Watch-i :p

Debatchi: Deb-bat-chi B)

Kuchipatchi- Kut-chi-pat-chi :p

Violetchi: Vi-ol-let-chi :(

Osumotchi: Os-sum-mot-chi :D

Togetchi: To-get-chi

Daiytchi: Date-chi : B) P

Celebtchi: Ce-lebt-chi :D

I WILL always promise to send in some more of howto prnouce replies. :p

Your codeactor,

Brainy :eek:

I know how to pronounce more Tamagotchi manes:

Mumutchi: Mum-mut-chi :lol:

Onputchi: On-put-chi :p

Metaboritchi: Meta-bo-rit-chi :lol:

Nonberitchi: Non-ber-rit-chi :lol:

Hinotamatchi: Hino-tamat-chi :lol:

I always get confused with Memetchi and Mametchi. I know its pronounced ma-me-tchi but I always say "ma-mat-chi" (which sounds lame) because my brother says it. And Memetchi is pronounced Meh-meh-tchi... I think.

And Fuwatchi (the japanese name for Flowertchi/Violetchi) is pronounced "foo-what-chi"

But I cannot prononce Kunoitchi. Is it "ku-ny-chi" or "ku-noy-chi" or what???

I always get confused with Memetchi and Mametchi. I know its pronounced ma-me-tchi but I always say "ma-mat-chi" (which sounds lame) because my brother says it. And Memetchi is pronounced Meh-meh-tchi... I think.And Fuwatchi (the japanese name for Flowertchi/Violetchi) is pronounced "foo-what-chi"

My sis also gets confuzzled with Mamethi and Memetchi. So she calls Mametchi "that blue-eared thing". :D

I just pronounce it ma-me-tatch-ee because thats the way I always thought it was and its the way it will always be to me because I haven't heard anyone say it differently. strange isn't it? :wacko:

I always get confused with Memetchi and Mametchi. I know its pronounced ma-me-tchi but I always say "ma-mat-chi" (which sounds lame) because my brother says it. And Memetchi is pronounced Meh-meh-tchi... I think.And Fuwatchi (the japanese name for Flowertchi/Violetchi) is pronounced "foo-what-chi"

The one I have trouble say is kikitchi. I say it ki-ki-tatch-ee

I pronounce this way:

Memetchi:

Mem-it-chi

Mametchi:

Mam-it-chi

Kuchipatchi:

Kuch-ie-pat-chi

Androtchi:

And-rot-chi

Furawatchi:

Fura-Wat-Chi

Violetchi:

Violet-chi

Leaftchi:

Leaf-tchi

Gozarutchi:

Goz-a-rut-chi

Chantotchi:

Chan-tot-chi

Mimitchi:

Mim-itchi

Dreamtchi:

Dream-tchi

Dazzletchi:

Dazzle-tchi

Tamagotchi:

Tama-got-chi

(I sometimes say Tama-go-tchi because Tamago means egg in japanese)

All the Chi's at the end of words are the same as the end of tamagotchi

Last edited by a moderator:
I pronounce Mametchi like Mam-ich-ee. (Mam pronouced like 'Am')

Weird, I know.

Last edited by a moderator:
I pronounce it ma-met-chi. I used to pronouce it ma-me-ta-chi :p

I pronounce it ma-met-chi. I used to pronouce it ma-me-ta-chi B)
Rofl, you think that's bad I still say Me-me-metch-i

For mametchi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back