If there is an English version of TMGC+C...

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sanzoxgoku

Reaction score
There should be some differences between the Japanese and Western tamagotchis in content (apart from the appearance) as some of you posted Bandai's reponse that they would tailor their products to suit different markets...

But all the animations, vehicles, holidays, food, etc. in TMGC+C are of Japanese style/culture, then if they are to produce an English version of TMGC+C, then there will be huge modifications involved... Besides, many said that the Japanese ones have all these complicated features like cooking, harder games, lots of jobs and the characters take longer to grow up whereas the western ones have tones of characters, simpler games and a shorter life... Do you think that Bandai will preserve the Japanese style/culture when they introduce the English version of TMGC+C? Actually I don't see any problem in preserving the Japanese style/culture... you see many Japanese movies and games, e.g. Japanese NDS games, etc., they all show their own Japanese style without modifications... and if the kids can play some complicated NDS games, I don't see that they would think Japanese TMGC are too difficult to play and handle... :hitodetchi:

Moreover, I am afraid that, for the sake of convenience, Bandai will just make all the Japanese conversations involved in TMGC+C into ".. ... ..." (dots)... When I play TamaWalkie (though it doesn't have Japanese version), the conversations between the Tamas are in ".. .... ... ... ....." except those simple phrases like "Hello", "Thank you", "So speedy", etc... Does Bandai think that English conversations are too long to be displayed on the screen???? :hitodetchi:

I am now pondering if I should wait for the English version of TMGC+C or buy the Japanese one... I want the Japanese style/culture, their harder and more complicated sort of rearing/features, and those conversations... but I don't know Japanese... and I even don't know how to type out the Japanese words to get translations in the internet, too... :gozarutchi:

I dont think they will release a TMGC+C in english. I kinda like the co0lor cause its a whole new level for a tamagotchi like they can plant trees and there is a built in tamatown and seasonal changes... its very nice in my opinion...

I do enjoy my TMGC+C, but when and if they make a english, I hope its not dots for language, I really want to know what there saying!

Well, I guess that in the v4 on the cell phone the conversations were just dots because there wasn't enough room to write any English messages on the screen. Hopefully the Colour's screen is good enough to support English text.

If the japenese edition can handle their language then i can't see a reason for a english version not to handle or language :huh: .

It would be interesting to see how they made a TMGC+C. The holidays would be different, and it would be fun to see what colors they came out with. But I don't know that they could make them much more simple. I mean really, the TMGC+C is the v1 version of the color. It's very simplistic. Fun, but simple.

Well, people say that it's a Japanes exsclusive. There would be a 2.1 percent of the Tamagotchi+Color to come out in the US.

I think we will get it, but not yet.

Think of the color in japan as a "beta" or "test"

Whenever they improve it i think they will release it in amaerica, europe etc.

I emailed Bandai about that.

The bad news is their not planning to release one in the USA anytime soon. :D

The good news is their taking in our suggestions. B)

~TamaDizzi

It would be interesting to see how they made a TMGC+C. The holidays would be different, and it would be fun to see what colors they came out with. But I don't know that they could make them much more simple. I mean really, the TMGC+C is the v1 version of the color. It's very simplistic. Fun, but simple.
Thats the main reason why I want a TMGC+C. I stopped playing tamagotchis for almost a year. Every version they released after the V3 weren't that great. The V4 and V4.5 couldn't hold a candle to their Japanese forms, the Entama and Uratama. I haven't even bothered to buy a Music star. All I want is a Virtual pet, nothing about raising points other then spending points. From what I've heard its not going to be released in English so I'm going to just buy the Japanese one.

Oh and sanzoxgoku, its pretty easy to play a Japanese Tamagotchi even if you can't understand Japanese. I suggest getting the Japanese ones anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
If they ever make a TMGC+C, it probably won't be as awesome or great as the Japanese TMGC+C, and it take about a year or so before it's in English. ;)

I really am enjoying my tamagotchi color, but it is as somone mention very simple. I hope if they do release another color tama that it will have more features? But hey, if I get bored with one model I switch and play a different version. :p

I have had my color for quite some time now and I love it! To me I like that it is simple because this way you know what to do and it doesn't take too long to figure out. The only drawbacks to it would be first the price and second it's in Japanese but overall it's very enjoyable and different. I am actually starting mine up today.

I do love mine and one of my favorite things about it is that it is very much like the first tamagotchi ever released. But an updated, color version. I like how there aren't many characters and how they did somewhat go back to their roots with it. It's very nostalgic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nah, don't worry. I don't know japanese either, but my cute green tmgc+c is now second generation and my ichigotchi is fine (now she is sleeping). I don't have a single piece (piece?) about japanese, but I play fine. Only it's kinda hard to name them though :D I found a japanese name chart: https://www.peppersoup.net/tamasquare/tamaplus.php, you can use it to name yours. Oh, and the conversation with the characters, I don't understand them either, but no need to understand them (actually it's more fun if you do). That's all I want to tell you. I hope you enjoy yours like I do :D

Oh, and, I don't think Bandai will release tmgc+c outside of asia or in english. I heard that this version they made is specially for their country and the others in asia. You can still buy them on eBay though, but sorry, no english. If they do then I will cry :D

i heard that it is not going to be in america for along time but im still going to get one off the internet and i've seen videos of it and it does look really simple

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back