Story I'm thinking about...

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barky

Reaction score
[SIZE=9pt]“- And so, according to scientists’ research, we may be living amongst magical creatures, and people. Paul is with one of the main scientists’ developing this idea. Paul?” [/SIZE]

Mel stared at the TV screen, her mouth hanging open.

“Are they kidding? What day is it? April Fool’s?” she asked herself, shaking her head. “Magical creatures - yeah, right.”

“Actually, Mel, I always thought there were other beings with perhaps a few more, talents, shall we say, among us. In fact, I’m sure there is at least one of these magical people -” Shelly, Mel’s friend, waved her hand at the television, “- at Herbert Graham.”

Mel shook her head again. “What? Like, wizards? Witches? Fairies? At our school? I don’t think so.”

“No, not necessarily wizards, witches or fairies, but magical folk all the same.”

“Shut up,” Mel joked. She reached for the huge slab of chocolate in front of them, and broke a bit off. She put it in her mouth, letting the flavour ooze around.

“I’m serious. Mel, now someone has finally paid attention to magic, there is a chance our lives will change forever.”

Mel couldn’t let it settle in her mind, but she nodded, just to let Shelly think she understood. Shelly smiled triumphantly and sat back. The news was finished, and the beginning of a film was playing.

“I hate this movie. It’s terrible.”

Shelly opened her mouth to protest as Mel changed over to a different channel.

“I’ve never seen it. At least let me watch a little bit, Mel.”

“Trust me, it’s awful. You’ll hate it. It’s a horror film.”

“Oh, okay, then.” Mel knew Shelly despised anything scary. They made themselves comfortable as one of the latest films, You Broke My Heart, started. Mel was still thinking about what Shelly had said - that their lives could change forever. What did she mean by that? Why did Shelly even think there was such a thing as magic? Shelly was the most mature and sensible person Mel had ever met - surely she wouldn’t even take a second glance at the word ‘magic’?

Ooh whoa-oh, you broke my heart, turned me cold, ooh whoa-oh…”

Shelly was engrossed in the film. Mel finally let her bothering thoughts flutter away and began to enjoy the film too.

Do you like it? Do you think it is a good plot? Critism welcome please :D

Lol wow thanks =D Here, this is the first chapter. I don't know if it needs anymore description or something. Please tell =]

[SIZE=11pt]Chapter 1[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]“- And so, according to scientists’ research, we may be living amongst magical creatures, and people. Paul is with one of the main scientists’ developing this idea. Paul?” [/SIZE]

Mel stared at the TV screen, her mouth hanging open.

“Are they kidding? What day is it? April Fool’s?” she asked herself, shaking her head. “Magical creatures. Yeah, right.”

“Actually, Mel, I always thought there were other beings with perhaps a few more, talents, shall we say, among us. In fact, I’m sure there is at least one of these magical people -” Shelly, Mel’s friend, waved her hand at the television, “- at Herbert Graham.”

Mel shook her head again. “What? Like, wizards? Witches? Fairies? I don’t think so.”

“No, not necessarily wizards, witches or fairies, but magical folk all the same.”

“Shut up,” Mel joked. She reached for the huge slab of chocolate in front of them, and broke a bit off. She put it in her mouth, letting the flavour ooze around.

“I’m serious. Mel, now someone has finally paid attention to magic, there is a chance our lives will change forever.”

Mel couldn’t let it settle in her mind, but she nodded, just to let Shelly think she understood. Shelly smiled triumphantly and sat back. The news was finished, and the beginning of a film was playing.

“I hate this movie. It’s terrible.”

Shelly opened her mouth to protest as Mel changed over to a different channel.

“I’ve never seen it. At least let me watch a little bit, Mel.”

“Trust me, it’s awful. You’ll hate it. It’s a horror film.”

“Oh, okay, then.” Mel knew Shelly despised anything scary. They made themselves comfortable as one of the latest films, You Broke My Heart, started. Mel was still thinking about what Shelly had said - that their lives could change forever. What did she mean by that? Why did Shelly even think there was such a thing as magic? Shelly was the most mature and sensible person Mel had ever met - surely she wouldn’t even take a second glance at the word ‘magic’?

“Ooh whoa-oh, you broke my heart, turned me cold, ooh whoa-oh…”

Shelly was engrossed in the film. Mel finally let her bothering thoughts flutter away and began to enjoy the film too.

When the movie was finished, Shelly’s eyelids were drooping with exhaustion. Mel was tired, too; they had both run in races at school today. Her body was too tired to move, so she left the television on while they fell asleep.

A dark shadow flitted across the glass doors at the side of the lounge. There was quiet clicking noises and soon the door slid open with force. There was a crash of thunder at the same time, but still the girls slept on. A boy, perhaps a year or two older then the girls, stepped into the lounge. A smile played over his lips while he moved towards Shelly and Mel. Another thunder crash accompanied by lightening woke Mel. She lifted herself up onto her elbows - then saw the boy. He froze mid-step. Mel’s eyes widened and she opened her mouth to scream, but the boy was over in a flash, his hand laid over her mouth. It was not a rough move; his eyes stared into hers, and she closed her mouth. He wasn’t here to steal from or hurt anyone. He looked familiar, but Mel pushed the thought away - why would someone she knew break into her house?

Shelly still slept, breathing deeply. The boy put a finger on his lips, signalling Mel to be quiet. Mel obeyed and was surprised by her own choice. Normally, she would shout and scream and run for her parents. (Not that people broke into her house often, but that’s what she had always thought she would do.)

“Mel?” the boy whispered. His voice was soft and gentle, but yet cried adventure and trouble. What was this strange person doing in her house?

“How do you know my name?” Mel mumbled at last. The boy smiled.

“It’s me. Phil.”

Melanie froze over. Her heart skipped a beat and she sucked in her breath.

“Phil?” That’s why he seemed familiar. That’s why Mel had felt so safe. But yet - how could someone that had been kidnapped and presumably murdered be standing right before her eyes? How could Phil be here with her?

“Uh, yeah. I know - it’s been a while.”

Phil Gutterly was Mel’s best friend from when she was born to the age of seven. He had always been there for her - but one day, he was gone. There were blood stains on his bedroom floor, a wide open window and, strangely, a stick. Everyone thought he had been kidnapped, and, three years after, nearly everyone realised he was dead. Only, he wasn’t. He was here; in front of Mel. Smiling awkwardly, but nonetheless, here.

“How did you escape? Are they coming after you? Oh, Phil - you look so… different.”

“Uh… No one’s coming after me, and they let me go… Mel, I’ve come to take you with me.”

Shelby began stirring in her sleep. Phil looked over worryingly before turning back to Mel.

“Please.”

“I don’t want to go with some kidnappers! Who do you think you are? You’re certainly not Phil! Get away! Get out of my house!” Mel screamed. It was the only thing she could think of to do.

Shelby sat bolt upright, took one look at the shouting Mel and the horrified boy, and shrieked. Well, it was the only thing she could think of, too.

The boy grabbed Mel’s arm and dragged her out of the glass doors. Shelby ran to Mel’s parents’ room. She had tears running down her face and cried what had happened downstairs. Mel’s parents’ sprinted downstairs…

But were too late.

So......... how is it? =S

Latest posts

Back