Swimming. Do you like it?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Colortchi

Reaction score
Hiya. I'm wondering who here likes swimming (probably LOTS of people). I do, but its not exactly swimming with me, I'm standing in a pool that has water only come up to my neck, and I walk around. Not really swimming. :) Its because, well, I can't swim. :/ I wish I knew...everyone else does? :) So do you like swmming? Can you swim?

Yes, I can swim.

And I like to swim, but most of the time I don't exactly ''swim''. If splashing around in the water and trying to stand on your head whilst in the water counts as swimming, then Im a pro xD.

Otherwise, I suck at freestyle and am alright at backstroke.

I'm a swimming fanatic. I'm on a team, and I can swim, I hate to sound like I'm bragging, but pretty good. I have a meet this weekend. I'm kind of nervous... :)

I can swim reasonably well, and yeah, I LOVE it! especially warm water.. (you know, because of the POOL HEATING)

one time I was trying to do synchronized swimming like my best friend when I was in florida, and the lifeguard told me to stop pretending to drown.. <_< that scarred me... JK

and it's weird, in this topic, when I posted.. all of the ads are about swimming..

^ There are usually ads that are like the topic title. <_<

I can swim. I have a pool but it too cold. D=

I can most certainly swim. Three years swim team, 26 ribbons, two trophies. It was my life back then. I can swim Butterfly, freestyle, backstroke, and my favorite, breaststroke. I practically live at the pool in the summer, and my favorite part is the twelve foot end. Me and the sixteen year old boys who can actually hold their breath that long would swim down, hold hands, and twirl in circles. Good times, good times. I miss those days, the hundred-five degree weather, the park, no school. I want it to be summer already. I don't want to sound braggy, but I'm probably the best swimmer I personally know. Including all my friends and parents. I'm the only one that is experienced enough to dive in the ocean, when we take our yearly trip to the coast. I have to watch out for stingrays, though, I've already been stung twice. Never by a jelly, but I've gotten close. Water is my element, I love it. Now, choir is my thing, but swimming will always hold a special place in my heart. The only place I don't like swimming in is the river we own in Wisconsin. Gawd... I hate Wisconsin with a burning passion. What a waste of river. I'm trying to convince my mom to sell that freezing wasteland and buy another river here in Texas, but she says it hold "sentimental value." I guess I understand. I still refuse to swim in it, though. I like going to Lake Travis near Austin, too, and renting a cocktail boat and inviting people, and having these big party things. So much funnn.

^Wow, Phoebe. By the sounds of it, you'd love to be where I am right now.

Its summer, all the pools are clean although there are sharks in the ocean...EEEEP! Its so dang hot that everyone is either living in the pool or going there everyday. Apart from me. I live at home, with the fan on (although I just broke it like 30mins ago D: ) and on TT.

Oh :p
that's so ool! Anyways... um, go swimming..?

the only thing I don't like about it is the people that spit + pee n the pool <_<
That's why I hate going to public pools. xP

I can swim, but I get out of breath too easily.

I love swimming, but it takes a LOT out of me. Plus lately I've been having to do aquatherapy for my back. The water is freezing and there isn't really any swimming involved xP

It's slowly ruining it for me.

If by 'swim' you mean doggy paddle and sink then yes.

I've had to many 'I nearly drowned' moments I have avoided swimming.

I have an extreme irrational fear of public pools but will jump in any beach/river/pond/lake I can.

We are going to the river tomorrow! Yays!

You wouldn't believe it now but when I was 8 I was a swim champ but one bad experience and i've never been the same.

It doesn't help that i've developed a allergy to chlorine.

I'm a swimming fanatic. I'm on a team, and I can swim, I hate to sound like I'm bragging, but pretty good. I have a meet this weekend. I'm kind of nervous...  :)
Oh, same here! I'm on a team. I'm pretty good to.

and it's weird, in this topic, when I posted.. all of the ads are about swimming..
Me too^^

Edit: I've who 1 trophy and 7 (1 sliver, 2 bronze, and 4 gold) ribbons.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can most certainly swim. Three years swim team, 26 ribbons, two trophies. It was my life back then. I can swim Butterfly, freestyle, backstroke, and my favorite, breaststroke. I practically live at the pool in the summer, and my favorite part is the twelve foot end. Me and the sixteen year old boys who can actually hold their breath that long would swim down, hold hands, and twirl in circles. Good times, good times. I miss those days, the hundred-five degree weather, the park, no school. I want it to be summer already. I don't want to sound braggy, but I'm probably the best swimmer I personally know. Including all my friends and parents. I'm the only one that is experienced enough to dive in the ocean, when we take our yearly trip to the coast. I have to watch out for stingrays, though, I've already been stung twice. Never by a jelly, but I've gotten close. Water is my element, I love it. Now, choir is my thing, but swimming will always hold a special place in my heart. The only place I don't like swimming in is the river we own in Wisconsin. Gawd... I hate Wisconsin with a burning passion. What a waste of river. I'm trying to convince my mom to sell that freezing wasteland and buy another river here in Texas, but she says it hold "sentimental value." I guess I understand. I still refuse to swim in it, though. I like going to Lake Travis near Austin, too, and renting a cocktail boat and inviting people, and having these big party things. So much funnn.
I can't swim breast for my life. The team I'm on runs all year. ;)

NO WAY!!!!

I hate swimming!!! Once I tried to do a flip in the air off the diving board and landed in the water on my back (a back-flop sort of?). Hated swimming sense. Plus, I have an inground pool and there are snails and spiders and other creepy crawleys on the bottom...never going in there in the summer!!!!!

I like to swim and am on a swim team, but I'm not the best swimmer on the team.

Yes, I can definitely swim. In the Summer, I spend my life at the pool with my friends. I swim lengths and all the different swimming tricks, but my favourite thing to do is just mess about in the water with my friends. Pushing each other in, making up weird and unusual dives, and holding our breath for as long as possible. [46 seconds; oh yes!]

I adore swimming, and I know a place where you can get the coolest swimsuits. :] Because we all love pink Burberry bikinis really. And cherry red one-pieces. I swim in the ocean, indoor and outdoor pools, and of course my favourite - my little cousin's blow up paddling pool. :3

I can't swim breast for my life. The team I'm on runs all year. :D
I'm on a year around team too!!! and I'm on what my coaches call the "Senior Team" which is the best swimmers on my swim team (there are about 80 kids that start in the spring...and I live in a small town...I think it is impressive) sorry...I got off topic...

I have been on a swim team for 5 and a half years now, but just this fall I started USA swimming

P.S. I love breaststroke!!! I have the best breastroke technique on my team!! (sorry if I sound like I'm bragging)

good luck at your swim meet =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back