What's with their instructions -.-

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Asiangotchi

Reaction score
Every Tamagotchi I had, the instructions have series of typos, and they aren't specific enough for the complicated features and games...... They need to check before they actually print these out. Most of the time, little kids that play with these will have no idea how it works.

I have spotted a few typo's also.

I got the hang of my Tama by playing it, i didn't actually read the instructions.

In some parts the Instructions are specific, but in others, the instructions are not.

Most 'little kids' i know who played with Tama's knew how to use them, but that was V1/V2, the Music Star Tamagotchi is one of the more complicated Tama's.

Cya! :eek:

Yeah, sometimes I don't understand their descriptions of how to play the games. :S

I need to work it out myself a lot of the time.

I think the instructions could use a bit more care and detail. However, I like being able to figure things out about them for myself, kind of like the Music Star. I like that it's complex enough that I'll have to work a few things out on my own.

Yeah, but I thought they had an editor to watch out. Yesterday, I found another typo in the Music Star instructions:

The instructions given at the door, the icon next to it is a TOILET instead of the door. -.-'

I've noticed that I see a lot of the same questions asked on Tamagotchi chat sites because of lack of information in the manual. I think that the Japanese Tamagotchi actually have a booklet for instructions while we just get a sheet of paper that sort of expects you to know a lot already. Like in the v5 instructions it says that the travel show acts like the pause function from previous versions. What if you've never used a previous version of Tamagotchi?

I agree. I've never noticed typo's allthough for alot of the game instructions I can never understand.

Well, I'm hoping they hire an editor for this. Typos basically mean that they're unprofessional. Even those lame virtual pet manuals have NO typos...

I think they just don't have time to check the manuals thourghly because their is such pressure on Bandai to realease such a large quantity of virtual pets in such a short time frame. The editors are rushed and there are so many deadlines that things just slip under the radar!

Don't blame Bandai, blame the populus that is pressuring them so much, they have no TIME to edit!

It's ridiculous that they don't have time to edit! They are professionals, and all professional's should edit their work. If you're not going to edit it, don't bother writing it.

Not having enough time to edit is a terrible excuse.

especially since there's such things as spell check, they should be able to check their work in just a click of a button. they also spelled the word "shop" wrong on page 5. they spelled it "shopt" in capitals. gee... what's with Bandai anyways, with all the typos and stuff?

especially since there's such things as spell check, they should be able to check their work in just a click of a button. they also spelled the word "shop" wrong on page 5. they spelled it "shopt" in capitals. gee... what's with Bandai anyways, with all the typos and stuff?
Yeah, I saw that.

I'm pretty sure the program they use to type these out have spell check. They should be able to catch these >_>

-Asiangotchi-

Yeah,i don't really undertand those typos.They have to tell what it means,how to play the game etc...

All we want is a understandable instructions about the game etc.

If they don't have enough time to edit those typos.How about their enough time to made a tama versions....Making those spells correct is quicker/easier to do than making a tama version...

;)

I useally dont see Any typeos but I could be wrong. I'll take another look at my v6 directions. :D

I useally dont see Any typeos but I could be wrong. I'll take another look at my v6 directions. :)
Do you ever read the instructions? :lol: The typos are very clear.

ALSO!! Look at Music City. There are several typos there too:

1. Logout Passwoed

2. Other band your join

And on the music city help page, the website they tell you for more information reads Tamaotchi.com.

Last edited by a moderator:
The V6 instructions have improved. They aren't as detailed as they should be but they are better than the other versions. If you have trouble just try to ask a friend who has tama's and knows how to use them :wacko:

The V6 instructions have improved. They aren't as detailed as they should be but they are better than the other versions. If you have trouble just try to ask a friend who has tama's and knows how to use them :rolleyes:
I agree with Icy here because the v6 instructions are better then some other versions. Although I did find some typos. :(

I think that one of the main things that happens with Bandai and the typos is simply the translation from Japanese to English. The sentence structures, for one, are backwards so that can cause a lot of problems.

As for the instructions themselves, they kind of have this one piece of paper that they have to shove all of this information on, and in a couple to several different languages. I makes sense that the explanations would be a little shorter than usual.

I dunno really, it seems that the company is super pressured to get the entire thing and the Tamagotchi's out super quickly in America, like they take on to much and screw up the productivity, as well as putting bad time restraints, like when you have something due in a week and don't work on it until last minute

Well, that's my take on this at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back