small room makeover

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Doglover10

Reaction score
ok i have a very small room, prububy half the size of the room of the person reading this. My room is colorful, clutterd,messy, and EXTREMLEY dorky. i havnt changed it since i was little and i NEVER spend time in there cuz i HATE it. my bed is small too, half the size of most beds. its like my room was built for migets! I have a really funy colored room and bed but EXTREMLEY old-timey furniture (i got them from my grandma) so it looks wierd. I need ideas for a room makeover! i want it to look bigger and more sofisticated but im afraid to ask my parents to dig too deep in their wallets for me because i no they WOULD spend all there money on me but thats why i never ask them for stuff, because id feel guilty.

so basicly i need my room to look simple, sofisticated, big, and it cant be too expensive. any ideas?

Ceiling to floor length mirrors make a room look bigger as does a light colour paint eg: White, cream, pale yellow, baby blue, pink, mint etc..

Get rid of old things!

^I agree.

Maybe you can sponge paint your room too. That's what I did. At first, I thought it was too girly. Then I found a matching bedspread and it made my room look awesome. (my room is and has always been blue so i sponge painted over it)

Good Luck! ;)

hmm.. you should probably buy inexpensive stuff, take out your grandmother's furniture, and maybe buy like a cheap beanie bag that you like or something like that, and if you don' want to feel too guilty about spending your parents' money maybe you can help them or cook a few foods for them or something.

My 2nd idea is to make stuff, like get a paper and some mrkers and design some cool decorations for your room, make a door sign, or get some fabrics that you really like and cover yourgrandma's furniturewith them. It's okay if your parents spend a LITTLE money at least, maybe like 30 bucks or something. Because you obviously need a new room, so it's okay if you just need some money from them to fix things up. I think making things works really well, cause it can be whatever you want, nd they're really easy and pretty. :p

Ask your parents if you could have a garage sale, sell your old stuff and use the money to buy new stuff!

Maybe you could go to IKEA and get a bean bag or cheap desk or something and maybe a lava lamp!

Lava lamps add a cool relaxed feeling to your room.

Target has alot of very nice cheap bed spreads.

And definetly paint your room.

Don't go for a really bright loud color, (makes your room feel even smaller).

Ex: Try light pink or calm blue instead of hot pink or turquiose.

Remove any rugs! They make your floor feel crowded also.

If your parents alow you to get a fish and that to your room also.

In the end your parents may end up paying some sorta price but not as much if you use your money from a garage sale.

=D Hope I helped!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back