Fish Tanks

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hypergotchi

Reaction score
Hey, I got new fish about two or three weeks ago.

I got one more yesterday.

They're Zebra Danios, two of which are the Leopard Danio, which are the same species but a different variety. I was originally gonna breed the female Leopard with the male Zebra, but now just a male and female Zebra (the female I got yesterday)

I also have a Cory catfish (in the same tank) and a Dwarf Gourami (Formerly in their tank, but ate the preceding Danios and is in his own tank now)

So, what's in your tank?

I have a turtle named Shuckle in his own tank. (He's awesome!) And a little frog that stays in the water in its own tank, and two beta fish in the same tank but there is a divider so they won't eat each other ^^ One of the betas is a shiny blueish-purple and the other is a dark red with some blue in the tail.

I used to have 2 goldfish called Dorothy and Goldie, but then I gave them away.

Then I got a Japanese Fighting Fish, but it died D:

Ooh, Bettas!

I heard that, with extensive measures, it's actually possible to keep male bettas together. All you need is 30 gallons, territories clearly marked (by wood or hiding places or plants) and tons and TONS of hiding spots (Caves, ornaments, plants, etc.) and apparently it's funny to watch them encounter each other, they're cowardly and swim into the nearest hiding spot.

I used to have two goldfish and a small coy, but they got to be too much to take care of. They kept getting bigger and bigger, and they made the tank beyond filthy in less than a week.

So we gave them to my friend, who has a pond in her backyard. They live there now with other coy. :'D They've adapted well, and we think they're still alive.

Ooh, Bettas!
I heard that, with extensive measures, it's actually possible to keep male bettas together. All you need is 30 gallons, territories clearly marked (by wood or hiding places or plants) and tons and TONS of hiding spots (Caves, ornaments, plants, etc.) and apparently it's funny to watch them encounter each other, they're cowardly and swim into the nearest hiding spot.
Sounds interesting o_O I've always secretly wanted to see them attack each other XD

We have "Specky" a stone sucker (can't remember which variety - maybe a Leopard stone sucker) and one small black & gold fancy telescope goldfish. His name is George.

We had another calico goldfish called Mildred - but sadly, she died.

We've actually had quite a few goldfish in the past - most seem to die out after just a few weeks or months. We tried everything - even the aquarium staff couldn't figure out what was wrong...

Anyway - at least George is still alive (*knocks on wood*).

We also have a few of those little tanks for "Sea Monkeys". They are very successful - so George gets an occasional "treat" (he he) :)

I have no fish. I am scared of fish and think they are disgusting.. but I do like sea monkeys!

You like Sea Monkeys? You're not going to like my baby fish's second food is. Baby Sea Monkeys.

three peppered cory cats, one leopard danio, three zebra danios, (I got the leopard by accident ._.) and 5 neon tetras.

My worst fear is one of my catfish dying DDx

I have a turtle named Shuckle in his own tank. (He's awesome!) And a little frog that stays in the water in its own tank, and two beta fish in the same tank but there is a divider so they won't eat each other ^^ One of the betas is a shiny blueish-purple and the other is a dark red with some blue in the tail.
You.Stole.My.Dead.Fishies! I had 2 exactly like that.

Dory lived 4 1/2 years, and was a blue, purple, seafoam green.

Scarlett lived 2 years, and was a beautiful red.

^ Same thing happened to my fish tank... Like the head fish dies and the next day they all die. o____o;

We have a couple sharks and well a few tanks of fresh water fish.

I don't know any names. x33

Hey, I got new fish about two or three weeks ago.I got one more yesterday.

They're Zebra Danios, two of which are the Leopard Danio, which are the same species but a different variety. I was originally gonna breed the female Leopard with the male Zebra, but now just a male and female Zebra (the female I got yesterday)

I also have a Cory catfish (in the same tank) and a Dwarf Gourami (Formerly in their tank, but ate the preceding Danios and is in his own tank now)

So, what's in your tank?
Gourami's are predators? Mine are scared of white cloud minnows which are tiny...

I have a couple of fish tanks...an Amazon blackwater community, an African Malawi cichlid community, a regular tropical tank community, a couple of goldfish in a tank and a coldwater community...

We bought a couple guppies and fancy guppies and they just kept reproducing so we lost count, lol.

Gourami's are predators? Mine are scared of white cloud minnows which are tiny...
I have a couple of fish tanks...an Amazon blackwater community, an African Malawi cichlid community, a regular tropical tank community, a couple of goldfish in a tank and a coldwater community...
Gouramis are technically omnivores, but can be annoyed by fast fish, apparently Danios in particular.

hanatchi99: Zebras and leopards are cool. Get another of the same species or something, they're cool and it's best when you have varying colors. They can't tell the difference, and the varieties include Zebras, Leopards, Golds, Blues (rarer), and three varieties of GloFish in the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back