Sign in to follow this  
RawryCakes.x

What are you reading now?

I'm reading the second Harry Potter book. It's really good :D

Edited by Tamadonut
  • Like 1

Re-reading Jane Eyre. It's been years since I read it last and it was one of my favorite books. Such a great story and beautiful writing. Wuthering Heights is my all time favorite novel, so I guess the Bronte sisters just had it going on ;)

I'm think about reading Harry Potter, since I've only ever seen the movies (and loved them dearly).

• Like 1

Under Wildwood by Colin Meloy

I am currently reading Perpetual Peace by Immanuel Kant

It is an interesting study on the topic of Peace and how even to this day we have yet to achieve it fully

I'm almost done with George Eliot's "Amos Barton." It's actually a volume of 3 books, "Middlemarch" Silas Marner" and "Amos Barton". I started this book back in August and I will be finished with it either today or tomorrow.

Been reading a few books as assigned reading for a history class I'm taking.

Giovanni and Lusanna by Gene Brucker is a very interesting case about a so-called marriage between two people in Renaissance Florenece. I also have to write an essay about this book, but it's interesting enough to the point where it isn't a chore. It almost reads as a modern courtroom drama, would recommend to anyone interested in court cases or Medieval and renaissance italy.

Also reading Peasant Fires by Richard Wunderli, a quirky book about the not so great lives of German peasants. Still finishing this book, about half-way through.

As for fun reading on my own time, I haven't been able to do much of that, but I do really want to read Mario Puzo's The Godfather, eventually.

Re-reading Comet in Moomimland.

Edited by MarshyMellow

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire :D

• Like 1

Re-reading The Lord of the Rings - I'd forgotten how much was edited out of the film - and how good the books are (still on the Fellowship of the Ring atm).

The Light Between Oceans <3 I forgot how much I loved the book, now I'm re-reading it in preparation to watch the film and forgot how emotional it is! Incredible book :D

Crooked Kingdom (Six of Crows #2)

Edited by Spacey

The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver

and

Aesop's Fables

The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver

and

Aesop's Fables

Poisonwood was a good book! Read it in high school. The different viewpoints kept it interesting.