The Microsoft Virus

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tamacrazy_101

Reaction score
In short, since last year, 10 million computers have been infected with this worm. Tomorrow this virus will be activated. Not good.

The modern virus is really designed to, it's designed for profit. So what it will probably do on April 1st is install further bad, malicious software onto infected computers, which will then monitor the user's key strokes, use that computer as a way-point for SPAM email messages. Use that computer as a node in what we call a denial of service attack, where that computer upon receiving an instruction will attempt to flood a website to knock it offline.
And of course people can then blackmail the operators of those sites and say, you know unless you give us $10,000 we're going to keep this site down. So that's really what's going to happen.

Click for article

So yeah, just informing all of you people. I'm not sure if it's only targeted at America (if it is, you non-Americans are lucky). Gee, I can't wait for tomorrow.

EDIT:

DemonSlayer I just saw them.

If you can go to microsoft.com , symantec.com, and trendmicro.com, your computer most likely doesn't have it. Oh, and if your computer powers down normally too.

Last edited by a moderator:
My mom just told me about this today actually. She said if you can go to a couple websites (i'll get back to you with the names) You don't have the virus. I'm scared ;_;

[SIZE=8pt]Ha ha I bet Joker did this xD[/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
wow I really hope that I don't get that virus on my beautiful computer! lol. Tomorrow I'll be checking up on my computer. That's really scary, but think, so many computers get sold the odds that yours is one of the ten million is slim. Or is ten million a lot? I'm really not a computer sales expert, but I just hope that none of ours get infected with this. Or that it is just a rumor.

*crosses fingers*

wow I really hope that I don't get that virus on my beautiful computer! lol. Tomorrow I'll be checking up on my computer. That's really scary, but think, so many computers get sold the odds that yours is one of the ten million is slim. Or is ten million a lot? I'm really not a computer sales expert, but I just hope that none of ours get infected with this. Or that it is just a rumor.*crosses fingers*
Computers don't get sold with the virus. The virus gets implanted into your computer through the internet.

And I thought of something. I think it might be only for Windows users. So, and don't quote me on this, I think non-windows users are safe.

I use Windows 98. Who would make a virus for this anyways, it's gonna die soon enough D;

Computers don't get sold with the virus. The virus gets implanted into your computer through the internet.And I thought of something. I think it might be only for Windows users. So, and don't quote me on this, I think non-windows users are safe.
You're right. The Macs are safe, I've heard.

EDIT:DemonSlayer I just saw them.

If you can go to microsoft.com , symantec.com, and trendmicro.com, your computer most likely doesn't have it. Oh, and if your computer powers down normally too.
There's also Mcafee.com I went there so I dont think i have it :(

There's also Mcafee.com I went there so I dont think i have it :(
I checked the computers in my house, and I'm pretty sure they are fine. Symantec has a cleaner for this virus.

Oh wait, I forgot about the laptop....

Yeah, we just got a new compy because our old one caught something so hopefully we don't have that nasty bug.

We shall see!

Dammit. Some kind of sick April Fools prank, I'm guessing?

WELL, YA KNOW WHAT? THEY'LL HAVE TO GET PAST ME FIRST.

Ohay.

I just put a topic up about this. Oops. xD

I'm running virus scans right now. It's some creepy stuff they're trying to do to everyone's computers nowadays.

^Well, if you have the virus on your computer, (Not everyone does. I don't, I checked.) as soon as you put the battery back in and get the laptop working the virus will be activated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back