Makeup Mistakes

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamagirl_Desy

Reaction score
What are your common makeup mistakes, or ones you've done in the past?

My worst makeup mistakes...

1. I use to put on ALOT of foundation, so I looked orange and blotchy because I didn't know how to put it on properly. Ew.

2. I would wear red eyeshadow. That's it. Just red. No eyeliner, mascara, nothing. It looked bad.

3. I used to make myself look TOO pale. Like, dead. But I've learned to not use so much concealer and powder, as well as using the right coloured blush. Now I look more lively. :)

4. I would apply eyeliner messily only on the bottoms. o_O I thought it looked "good".

5. BRONZER. I tried using alot of it last year, to make myself darker but it made me look dirty and grimy.

I think I do ALOT better job at my makeup now. :)

I use eyeliner, and some people call me "emo" for it,

but I absolutely love it.

I actually think I'm pretty now. xD

This Satruday actually, I was putting on some powder. I didn't really need makeup that day. Well the powder was a little dark for my skintone, and I used too much. I had all of these brown patches and my skin was orange. It was bad xD

My eyeliner always smears. I just put it on the rim, and it ends up bleeding .5cm under my eye Dx

And my eyelashes on my one eye is curlier than the other. It looks stupid when I use mascara >.<

Well, I'm extremely pale, so finding just the right shade of makeup is hard for me.

-I used to put eyeliner on WAY too thick.

- I used to put on a bit too much foundation.

Here are some tips!

- When you apply liquid foundation, try using a damp makeup applicator spone. They're the little white triangle ones. The dampness gives it a more natural look, and the spone keeps oils and bacteria on your fingers from getting on your face.

- If you have really bad red spots, blemishes, or zits, I recommend green concealer. It sounds outrageous, but it helps! Green neutralizes red on the color wheel, so when you put the green conealer on your spots, the blemishes look less extreme.

- Eyelash curlers are amazing! It might hurt a bit when you first get started, but it gets easier with practice.

- Remember: looks that are fabulous at nighttime engagements (like dances and parties) don't always look right during the day.

Well, I'm a little pale. Not deathly white, but not tanned either, so I used to use this tanning moisturiser stuff on my face. I would get these little orange patches, usually around my nose and mouth. It works just fine when I only use it on my legs, though. And I also used to use a stick of concealer, before finding the liquid stuff. And I underestimated my skin tone, so when I put it under my eyes it would always look too pale. My skin tone was actually darker than I'd thought.

And I always wanted to make myself look more rosy-cheeked by putting on lots of blush, and sometimes I wouldn't have enough natural light when putting my make-up on so it would turn out too dark.

Now that I think about it, all the make-up issues I've had in the past have been directly related to my skin tone. I always just thought being really tanned was beautiful.

But now I've come to fully accept the fact that I'm quite pale, and as long as I choose my clothes colours more carefully, so that they compliment my skin, I love it. <3

When I was five. I thought that bright purple eyeshadow and hot pink lipstick was attractive.

Now, I'm a lot better. In fact, the only problem I ever have is that I'll accidentally skip a step in the make-up routine, and it takes me a few hours to realize, which means I'm at school. I never put too much on, but sometimes I won't put enough on so I have a acne-spotted face Dx Luckily, I can usually fix that by stealing my friend's cover-up.

I don't wear makeup and if I do it's extremely rare XD

I'll only use eye makeup. I refuse to put anything on my face. It just feels disgusting.

As for what I have:

Black eyeliner

Gray eyeliner

Red eye smudge

Black eye smudge

Blue eye smudge

Purple eye smudge

Pink eye smudge

Black eye shadow

Silver eye shadow

Black mascara

Blue mascara

If I wear make up it depends what I'm wearing. Most of my clothes are black, so I "usually" just do black eyeliner, black mascara, and if I'm feeling up for it, black smudge.

I used to wear Tripp pants(before I gained weight), and the threads were different colors. So I would wear whatever color smudge as the threads. So if my pants were black with purple threads, I'd do black eyeliner/mascara with purple smudge.

The only thing I hate about the smudge is it's so thick that it's a pain to get off.

I've never really made any mistakes when it comes to makeup, as I don't wear it much, and if I do I'm careful about what I do.

ehhh :/

once like I put on eyelinerrr

and it looked

like all smeared

and I continued that for like a year

until my sister told me not to.

I have pale skin so dark eyeliner makes me look like a raccoon.

BLEH

but I have frechles so i look sorta tan in some places, and that doesn't help

cuz i look all oange, white and black from the makeup xD

but most times I put on a good amount and it suits me.

Eyeliner only on bottom, on top I look like a whore.

No mascara; My eyelashes are already black and thick, mascara makes me look like a whore.

Mineral powder foundation only. No blush or bronzer.

I am thankful for acne free skin so I don't even own concealer.

Clear lip gloss or light pink. Reds and such make me look like a whore.

Always use SPF moisturiser as mineral powders have a SPF and if you burn you look like a idiot.

i usually just wear eyeliner, mascara, n purple sparkly eye shadow : D

I dunt wear concealer er anything, but when i wore blue eyeshadow it looked like i had kind of a black eye DX

oh my god yes lol

I just went through weird stages with eye makeup. Like just eye liner on the bottom, to way too much. I'm really really pale actually, but I've always done a good job with matching my skin tone. But I actually like it because I have green eyes so I think it looks pretty against my skin and dark hair.

Nahh, I don't really wear any makeup.

I have acne on my back and face. Although I don't cover it up. It's not that big of a deal for me, really. I've had it for so long, that people are sorta used to it.

Me and my friends have had our crazy makeovers, with all that glitter and shinyness, but I'm over that stage. My eyes look like they have mascara already and my eyelashes are black and thick so I don't see the point for any eye makeup.

I remember when I was like 7, me and Anastasia put a heck of alot of makeup on. My lips looked like a monkey's.

How long have you got? XD

1: If I wear dark eyeshadow, it makes me look like a goth. So I sticki with pale pinks, and at parties, gold 8D

2: I have quite pale skin, but I always judge it right. But, if I use any bronzer, it makes me look orange.

3: I can't use powder blusher properly, because I can never blend it right. But when I use blusher (rarely) I use matte moose blusher

4: I cannot pull off frostly lips. Ever. I have to stick with warmer colours

5: I can't usually put on my eyeliner right, so it ends up thick or smudged.

6: I shouldn't use mascara because my eyelashes are really thick

I could go on and on. But I won't

I used to be a failure at putting on eyeliner. The lines would be all crooked. D:<

But I finally figured out how to make my lines straight and smooth! I put on my black eye pencil first, and then trace over it with liquid liner. For whatever reason, it makes putting the liquid on really easy, and it always goes on in a straight line. The eye pencil lines give me a good base, and something to trace. :]

I'm not really sure what my big makeup mistakes were... I have foundation, but I've never covered my entire face in it - just the areas where I have a pimple, or usually to cover the faint blackheads on my nose. My face is so pale (epspecially during the winter) that even the lightest color of foundation is too dark on my face. xD I usually put on light blush to add some color to my cheeks, but I never cake it on so I look like a clown. >_>;;

I don't know. I used to wear copper metallic eyeshadown a lot (when I was about 10), and I would never wear it now. But I don't think it looked neccisarily bad - just not my style, and wouldn't go with what I wear now.

I think I basically have just developed better tips and with practice have figured out how to best put on my make up.

Once opon a time I put eyeliner under my eye. like a T H I C K line under my bottom lid. It was Horrifing.

Whenever I put on under-eye concealer my under-eye turns blue. Why is this? :(
...Wrong shade?

I tried eyeliner and it looked horrible. Never doing it again. D;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back