Whats up with people these days?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

.:VeganCheeseBurgerFTW:.

Reaction score
Everywhere I go theres people who are all like "I'm sad, i'm depressed, my lifes not worth living" Etc.

Whats up with people these days? It seems its almost cool to be suicidal or depressed.

Why is is not cool to be happy? I know most people I know on TT are happy spaz cakes.

It makes me sad to live in a world where people think its 'cool' to be suicidal and such.

Have you noticed a rise in depressed or suicidal comments and such?

Sadly, yes. One of my best friends is goig emo for no reason. She said she tried to cut herself just to be emo. There's no point in her being emo, she's got nothing wrong with her life, really.

At least my other best friend is still a happy little spaz cake

Arg, Sarah's like that. She lives on music. Without music, she says she'll try to commit suicide and without her CD's, she'll die. She wears black and gets called emo. I seriously don't know whats wrong with her... she does cut herself... I've witnessed it. She was cutting herself cuz she didn't get to see Metro Station.. :s

Yeah, I suppose half of the world is like that now. I seriously don't see the point. Life (on earth atleast) is only once, and you should treasure your time. Live every day like its your last. I think it's horrible to be depressed all the time. Its not cool at all. If something tragic happens in your life, than I'd understand you'd be upset. But seriously, no need for cutting and turning absolutely depressed and being on the edge of suicide...

I'm glad most people on here aren't all depressed all the time. I mean, I'd comfort you and that, but it turns bad when people just pretend and make themselves depressed just for the point of being emo/supposedly ''cool''.

I felt like I was depressed once... but I was wrong. It was just the stress of everything hitting me at the same time.

I like to see the bright side of everything. If anything bad happens I just see what good outcomes it may have.

People enjoy me because i'm always fun and I brighten up the room. I litterally radiate happiness.

@Ksenia. Sarah needs help dude! I hope she goes to the counsellor or something.

Oh. This topic was inspired by another website I go on and on the persons page (They are 11) it says "As you can see i'm the depressed kind. I love feeling sad and pain is enjoyable"

Yeah, radiating happiness is cool. I try to think about the good part of things too.

And definately, Sarah needs help. Her mum tries to help her, but they just disagree. She's still a friend, no matter what. But being who she is isn't really healthy ._.

Wow. An 11 year old saying pain is enjoyable? That's REALLY bad. Eleven is when life should just be opening up, not closing. I feel sorry for that child.

o_o I'm the same age as that kid and I'm just a happy little spaz. I get happy over a small stone on the ground it it has one little line on it. :D Yes, I'm a little spaz and pround

My friend that I was talking about has even had her hair cut so she can do scene hair. She's 11, for crying out loud.

Thats just sad. 11 year olds getting depressed or wanting to be scene is bad. My 11 year old cousin doesn't know what depression is. I will make sure Charlie stays a happy little spaz cake. (OMG. Charlie is almost 7 and i'm invited to a 7 year olds party! I.am.so.pumped! I'm taking her to see Hannah Montana the movie for her present!) Yes. I pride myself on idiocy and fun.

Childhood is precious. Don't live it sad.

My 11 year old friend tried to kill herself twice. She got sent to the hospital and now is under foster care. It's sad, and me and a bunch of my friends told her not to do that. Her parents were really mean. Like her dad tried to kill her dog because it bit her. He threw the dog on the floor. The dad also pulled my friends hair out. And alot of other things...

If I am sad, it's for a good reason. Like if a pet dies, or when my sisters car got hit (yes, never trust those mini dumpster trucks they are pure evil!!!!) or something else bad.

I just hate it. Where I live, or when I go to the mall or ride my bike, I see lots of emo people. And goth. I also hate when people say "HEY LOOK! JAMIE'S WEARING ALL BLACK!!!! SHE'S EMO... OR GOTH!!!" That happened once, and that is why if I wear black, I wear pink or red or green or some other color with it.

Ksenia-That's unusual. And odd. Well I guess unusual and odd are the same...

People who go around saying, "I'm going to kill myself, attention please," aren't going to kill themselves, they're just attention seekers. It's really annoying, just ignore them. If there's a proper reason, the person won't go around saying that, they'd probably tell their best friend how upset they are, or try to seek help if they were truly depressed.

One of my 'friends' said to me they want to kill themselves, so I said, "Okay, you go do that. I'm going to get ice-cream," they got quite mad when I said that, and I'm no longer friends with anyone like that. Happiness... or whatever I am, since it's not... happy happy happy, it's more serious, crash the party, burst the bubble type of mood all the time. I can be happy though. ^.^

Wow, Jamie, that's... scary.
And what's odd? The Sarah thing?
Yup, the Sarah thing. I have never met anyone like that. I mean, I live on music and popcorn, and alot of other things, but I'm not going to DIE without them. Or if I can't see my favorite band in concert. (OH!!!! In July I'm seeing Nickelback with Papa Roach, I think Hinder and I forget who else. xP)

;.;LEEWhit;.;-I agree with you.

Everyone should be happy. And weird and stuff. That's what I hate about emo chicks. They think they are all cool, and they are too normal. They are like robots. "Hello, I will kill myself".

This actually is a big issue. I read Seventeen magazine, and an older issue (Maybe a year or so old?) had a rather lengthly article on this.

But first of all, we need to seperate real depression and 'emo' style. They two do not necessarily go hand-in-hand. My best friend in the universe, whom I've known since we were about eight, is a victim of abuse at the hand of her father. She used to live in a trailer with both her mother and her father, and her father beat on her mother all the time. Eventually they got a divorce, and her mother put a restraining order on the house when Shannon's father moved out. However, Shannon still has to see her father every other weekend, and, without going into much detail, it isn't really a great place for her to be.

She said in just third grade, the year we met, she tried killing herself, because her father told her that everyone's lives would be better if she never existed. Ever since then, she's been struggling with depression and self-harm. Easter of last year she started seeing a therapist, because she cut herself often and so deep that multiple times she could have bled to death, and she was drinking bleach. :| Since then she's been doing better, and she says that the therapy helps, but it is still a constant struggle.

THAT'S being depressed, and with a reason. Shannon doesn't dress in all black, or go around glamorizing this type of thing. She suffers in silence, wearing normal jeans, sweaters, and cute t-shirts. She's extremely intelligent, and most wouldn't even know that she's gone through this type of thing, or has these sorts of issues.

You CAN be depressed without a specific reason though. Depression doesn't always come with post-traumatic stress. Sometimes it's a chemical imbalance in the brain, and that's serious and legitimate, too.

I was depressed and self-harmed around this time of last year. Peer pressure and stress were just too much, and I needed somewhere to channel my emptiness. In hind sight, I can see that I felt lost and had no direction in life, and I needed something consistant. I felt as if I couldn't control anything that happened in my life. One thing I could control however, was what I did to my body. When I cut, it gave me a sense of security; that I COULD control some aspects of my life. (This is similar to those who have eating disorders, which I have also struggled with in the past.)

Eventually I saw past myself and stopped, though I do occasionally still harm myself. But I can truthfully say that this is one of the most happy times of my life now.

But then there are those people who wear Tripp pants, My Chemical Romance shirts, and dye there hair black and purple, who walk around whining about how much their life sucks. No matter what, there is ALWAYS someone out there who has it worse than they have it, but they're so selfish and narrow-minded that they can't see that. I would never want to date or get to know a person that can only see their own pain and struggle, and is oblivious to others'. They aren't TRULY depressed. They could get over themselves if they wanted to, but the problem is they DON'T want to. They want the attention, and that's it.

And the numbers of those types of posers are growing.

The media and pop culture are the cause of the epidemic. The media glamorizes drugs, sex, and depression. Young people absorb things like a sponge, and whatever they see in the media, whatever is 'cool', is what they do. A little bit like zombies, if you ask me. Be individual, please.

Um... I feel like I have more points to make, but I feel like my brain is melting, so if I think of more, I'll let y'all know. :D

I can safely say that I am a happy little spaz cake, and proud. Obviously there are times when I find life difficult, and feel overburdened with making time to hang out with all my friends, focus on my work and just relax, but I don't let that get to me. I am incredibly fortunate to have great friends and family and I love my life. I'm pretty much always happy, and doing something odd to make people laugh. I know I sound corny, but I practically run off laughter, smiles, hugs and friendship. xD

Please people, put down the knives and smile. Make the most out of your life. x

I'm not emo, but I'm not a total spaz cake, like I can calm down...

My friend was 'emo' once, but there was a good reason: he boyfriend just broke up with her, and her parents wanted to get a divorce. Sometimes she carves things into her kin withbut it doesn't hu scissors or a pencil, hurt or anything, so it's not really cutting.

I used to be sad all the time and i cut myself a few times, and suicidal. Not because it was cool, but because I was depressed. And it's not cool being depressed at all whatsoever.

Maybe more people are just depressed these days? It could be the economy. Or people could just be fakes.

This actually is a big issue. I read Seventeen magazine, and an older issue (Maybe a year or so old?) had a rather lengthly article on this.
But first of all, we need to seperate real depression and 'emo' style. They two do not necessarily go hand-in-hand. My best friend in the universe, whom I've known since we were about eight, is a victim of abuse at the hand of her father. She used to live in a trailer with both her mother and her father, and her father beat on her mother all the time. Eventually they got a divorce, and her mother put a restraining order on the house when Shannon's father moved out. However, Shannon still has to see her father every other weekend, and, without going into much detail, it isn't really a great place for her to be.

She said in just third grade, the year we met, she tried killing herself, because her father told her that everyone's lives would be better if she never existed. Ever since then, she's been struggling with depression and self-harm. Easter of last year she started seeing a therapist, because she cut herself often and so deep that multiple times she could have bled to death, and she was drinking bleach. :| Since then she's been doing better, and she says that the therapy helps, but it is still a constant struggle.

THAT'S being depressed, and with a reason. Shannon doesn't dress in all black, or go around glamorizing this type of thing. She suffers in silence, wearing normal jeans, sweaters, and cute t-shirts. She's extremely intelligent, and most wouldn't even know that she's gone through this type of thing, or has these sorts of issues.

You CAN be depressed without a specific reason though. Depression doesn't always come with post-traumatic stress. Sometimes it's a chemical imbalance in the brain, and that's serious and legitimate, too.

I was depressed and self-harmed around this time of last year. Peer pressure and stress were just too much, and I needed somewhere to channel my emptiness. In hind sight, I can see that I felt lost and had no direction in life, and I needed something consistant. I felt as if I couldn't control anything that happened in my life. One thing I could control however, was what I did to my body. When I cut, it gave me a sense of security; that I COULD control some aspects of my life. (This is similar to those who have eating disorders, which I have also struggled with in the past.)

Eventually I saw past myself and stopped, though I do occasionally still harm myself. But I can truthfully say that this is one of the most happy times of my life now.

But then there are those people who wear Tripp pants, My Chemical Romance shirts, and dye there hair black and purple, who walk around whining about how much their life sucks. No matter what, there is ALWAYS someone out there who has it worse than they have it, but they're so selfish and narrow-minded that they can't see that. I would never want to date or get to know a person that can only see their own pain and struggle, and is oblivious to others'. They aren't TRULY depressed. They could get over themselves if they wanted to, but the problem is they DON'T want to. They want the attention, and that's it.

And the numbers of those types of posers are growing.

The media and pop culture are the cause of the epidemic. The media glamorizes drugs, sex, and depression. Young people absorb things like a sponge, and whatever they see in the media, whatever is 'cool', is what they do. A little bit like zombies, if you ask me. Be individual, please.

Um... I feel like I have more points to make, but I feel like my brain is melting, so if I think of more, I'll let y'all know. :chohimetchi:
That is correct. ^^

Gawd, I don't know what to say xD

Arg, Sarah's like that. She lives on music. Without music, she says she'll try to commit suicide and without her CD's, she'll die. She wears black and gets called emo.
I know a person like that I just dont like her she says we are all negative and shes the one saying she is scared of colour and will kill herself if she has to sit next to boys... Or if her iPod breaks..

And when I went to the shop with a friend I caught eyes with some girl who goes to my school and I smiled (like ya do) and she threatend me and told me not to smile at emos (AND SHE WAS LIKE 11 YEARS OLD..!) unless you are one so I was all :s and my friend goes "were did you learn to be emo" and she said her sister and all the cool people are doing it.. So we just walked away.....

I think its like a chain reaction like one kid is really depressed then they get alot of attention so others start acting like they are then there friends and siblings start doing it and so on and so on. Then the world is just one big EMO :D imagine that!

Edit: Lol I just read the rest of the topic about you guys talking about 11 year olds and thought of the 11 year old who treatend me. Yay.

Last edited by a moderator:
'Emo' is technically just a label. People who are 'emo' are doing it because they think it's cool and it will ge them attention. Honesstly, I think people who are actually depressed wouldn't consider themselves 'emo', they would just be depressed.

(no offense to emo people) but I don't like emos. I mean... you can be depressed sometimes, and that's fine. But I don't think they need to dress in black because black is just a color and people think it is so cool. Bright colors are the cool colors. :D I also hate it how they cut themselves. I mean... (oh I gotta stop saying that!!!) especially when they are kids.

A kid in my school is emo, and I dunno why. He doesn't dress in black. He just wears stuff from Hollister that isn't black. He cuts himself, but acts like a normal freak of a 12 year old guy.

Like the person above me said, I agree with her. That is exactly what I mean. Lol.

I agree. Like kids who watch spongebob tend to be a little crazier and more immature. And kids who are exposed to teenagerness, act like what they see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back