Don't put your personal info in profile!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tamagirl1092

Reaction score
For those of you who may not know, putting your personal info in a place where people can look at it is very dangerous. The internet is a very dangerous place, and people aren't as nice as they seem. You will be surprised to see what someone can do with a birthday, name, or location. Just a reminder. Don't want anyone to get hurt. Can't take chances. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
People can choose whether to put in there personal info or not, but I agree, its dangerous. Maybe people should ask their parents before putting in their personal info, the majoraty of parents don't want their kids to give personal details/info out on the internet.

Yeah, giving out personal info is highly discouraged, but I can't help give out my b-day, as it was the day I joined TamaTalk ;)

So, people, try not to post your city and school and stuff. Everyone makes that mistake sometimes, just don't make it all the time.

I'm not telling anyone not to, I'm just reminding them to think before they do. ;)

I dont think it is a very god idia to put your location. Just your contry like; america or england or werever... ;)

tamagirl1092, i think you are very right and very kind for helping others. lots of people give out real info, and theres a lot of people who give out fake. you have got to be very careful while registerng on the internet. so thanks a ton tamagirl1029 i think you should become a tamaguide <_<

but i think tamatalk is pretty safe, but not 100 % safe. it's extremely well taken care of by the guides and the admin. because like if there was a 45 year old man trying to find lil' kids around the world to hurt, he probably wouldn't know ANYTHING about tamagotchis, and be easily spotted. what i think you should do is have like a little quiz when your trying to register like, how many letters can you put in a name, or wut color is the infra-red comunicater (just dont say "infra-red") lol so like im sure if you had a tamagotchi you would know and likely be a kid or a teenager.

-Kimbonian

I have pinned this topic because I feel that it is an important one. I have seen a few instances where members have placed their home addresses either in their personal profiles or on posts on here. I cannot reiterate how dangerous this is. You DO NOT need to be a member of TamaTalk to view posts on here which means that if you post your details you are effectively posting for all the world to see. Should any Admin or any Guide see that you have posted personal details of your location, the post will be removed or edited to hide the details. This is for your own safety. If we discover that you have put your address in your personal profile then you will be asked to remove it of your own accord first before being referred to Admin who will fix it FOR YOU! :D

Seeing there are many members we can not watch everyone to make sure they are acting in the safest way which is why this thread has been pinned so you know for yourself. I encourage anyone who who sees another posting personal details to contact a Guide.

Again, please understand this is for your own safety. A lot of you are well and truley underage and to a degree we a responsibility to ensure your safety.

ya i used to have my city, province, and country. now i've just shortened it down to Canada :) :wacko: i like canada.

but i think tamatalk is pretty safe, but not 100 % safe. it's extremely well taken care of by the guides and the admin. because like if there was a 45 year old man trying to find lil' kids around the world to hurt, he probably wouldn't know ANYTHING about tamagotchis, and be easily spotted. what i think you should do is have like a little quiz when your trying to register like, how many letters can you put in a name, or wut color is the infra-red comunicater (just dont say "infra-red") lol so like im sure if you had a tamagotchi you would know and likely be a kid or a teenager.
Actually, in my opinion, you would be suprised how many spammers know kid's sites. TamaTalk is probably pretty safe, but you should still be careful. I know I am.

I put that I'm near Chicago because that's a pretty safe bet. There are thousands of people around here, and I didn't give out anything else. I also keep my e-mail address private, and if you're not an adult, I suggest you do the same. :)

Yes, giving out personal info is very dangerous, because you don't know who might be looking. For all we know I could be a crazed maniac. (don't worry I'm not) And if you want to be safe you should probably make your E-mail private, because no one needs to contact you at home when they could just PM you.

For those of you who may not know, putting your personal info in a place where people can look at it is very dangerous. The internet is a very dangerous place, and people aren't as nice as they seem. You will be surprised to see what someone can do with a birthday, name, or location. Just a reminder. Don't want anyone to get hurt. Can't take chances. :rolleyes:
I know, most kids aren't aware, they even don't confront their parents for if I am right.

I agree, you shouldn't put to much info about yourself because bad things can happen to you if your not careful. :(

I have pinned this topic because I feel that it is an important one. I have seen a few instances where members have placed their home addresses either in their personal profiles or on posts on here. I cannot reiterate how dangerous this is. You DO NOT need to be a member of TamaTalk to view posts on here which means that if you post your details you are effectively posting for all the world to see. Should any Admin or any Guide see that you have posted personal details of your location, the post will be removed or edited to hide the details. This is for your own safety. If we discover that you have put your address in your personal profile then you will be asked to remove it of your own accord first before being referred to Admin who will fix it FOR YOU! :huh:
Seeing there are many members we can not watch everyone to make sure they are acting in the safest way which is why this thread has been pinned so you know for yourself. I encourage anyone who who sees another posting personal details to contact a Guide.

Again, please understand this is for your own safety. A lot of you are well and truley underage and to a degree we a responsibility to ensure your safety.
Thank you Bellsprout. When I posted this, I was affraid that people would be mad at me cause they might have thought I was telling them what to do. I just got done reading a post about someone who read this, and went to change their profile. Well, when that person got there, they saw that someone had hacked into their profile and stole all their info!!! I felt so bad for them. I just thought that someone out there had someone elses info, and could be doing or planning horrible things with it. This is a really dangerous and serious sitch. I think you should probobly look at it.It's called "I've been hacked!" by jamester.call.me.jamester. Like I said before, i don't want anyone to get hurt, so please look at it.

No not at all. It is a very important issue. Unfortuantely, not enough people are aware of the possible dangers of the internet and posting personal information. No matter how safe we can try to make it, it is never entirely secure. I think your post was a good reminder to us all to look after ourselves and the other members here at TamaTalk. :furawatchi:

I think the less info you shell out, the better. Below is a list of non-specific info that I think is pretty safe to give out... this is my opinion though. Ask your parents about what they think is Okay before you post personal info.

- First names only.

- Birthdays are OK, just don't include the year. (Ok = June 10) [Not OK = June 10, 1987)

- Country (OK), State (OK), City (Should be Alright, but check with Parental Units just in case)

- No Phone Numbers, or Addresses! I can't stress that enough.

Thank you for everyone who brought this to everyone's attention, this is really important for everyone to read and try to practice.

For those of you who may not know, putting your personal info in a place where people can look at it is very dangerous. The internet is a very dangerous place, and people aren't as nice as they seem. You will be surprised to see what someone can do with a birthday, name, or location. Just a reminder. Don't want anyone to get hurt. Can't take chances. :furawatchi:
i know it's dangerous!

everything in my profile is fake!!!!! hahahahahaha

but my siggy,name,posts and everything else is real!

I only give out my interests, and that's it. I know I can just put fake info, but someone else could probobly have that info somewhere else. I doubt it, but it's possible. :pochitchi:

I agree with everybody else who said putting personal info in your profile is very dangerous

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back