Sign in to follow this  
tamagirl1092

Don't put your personal info in profile!

bad ppl act nice on the computer like on this game habbohotel they normally say: give me all ur info and i`ll get you 10000 habbo coins u can buy that many n e way they scam ur info

ya you r VERY right peeps shouldn't give out their personal info .....check out my profile, for my location it says:under your bed: lol pretty funney eh'? my dad will come on here every once in awhile to make sure nothing is going wrong....even though you don't want to show your parents this , you prolly should ...there r alot of BAD peeps out there who wanna do BAD stuff to kids ..i'm not trying to tell you wat to do , i am just telling u wat the SAFEST thing to do :D :furawatchi: :)

I have pinned this topic because I feel that it is an important one. I have seen a few instances where members have placed their home addresses either in their personal profiles or on posts on here. I cannot reiterate how dangerous this is. You DO NOT need to be a member of TamaTalk to view posts on here which means that if you post your details you are effectively posting for all the world to see. Should any Admin or any Guide see that you have posted personal details of your location, the post will be removed or edited to hide the details. This is for your own safety. If we discover that you have put your address in your personal profile then you will be asked to remove it of your own accord first before being referred to Admin who will fix it FOR YOU! :blink:

Seeing there are many members we can not watch everyone to make sure they are acting in the safest way which is why this thread has been pinned so you know for yourself. I encourage anyone who who sees another posting personal details to contact a Guide.

Again, please understand this is for your own safety. A lot of you are well and truley underage and to a degree we a responsibility to ensure your safety.

:) I agree with you bell , I had my webpage up, but I took it down for safety reasons.

:angry: plz stay safe all!

I agree that this topic is very helpful to everyone. I'm glad a tamatalk guide saw this and pinned it. It decreases the number of kids getting stolen off the internet. It's very helpful. I only put my country (Canada), interests(volleyball, tamatalk, etc..), gender (female), and age(11). I'm very glad to be a member of tamatalk because it is very safe and you can trust it. Tamatalk is a very great place and I applaud the tamatalk guides, Admin, angelgotchis, lifetime angelgotchis, and tama1092 for helping and creating tamatalk, the best site ever on the web!

Kaylie.

well it does seem really dangerous i agree too no one knows what people can do with that kind of info :D

Edited by BlackKittens

I put that I'm near Chicago because that's a pretty safe bet. There are thousands of people around here, and I didn't give out anything else. I also keep my e-mail address private, and if you're not an adult, I suggest you do the same. :angry:

MimitchiRocks, I see you are trying to be safe, but however, you should not put your pic in your signature, or anywhere else on the internet in that matter. Some crazy kid-knapper can print it out and try to find you. I'm not saying you CAN'T, but just saying you SHOULDN'T.

I dont think it is a very god idia to put your location. Just your contry like; america or england or werever... :P

ha, I dont out my country, I write Earth... I mean we do live on Earthh

My friend almost gave her real name toyhis one creep who wanted to meet her in wisconsin. I toldher not to because he could easily find her and like kill her er somethin' like that. It was creepy u r right. ^_^ my deceased tama he wasonly a toddler!!! :furawatchi:

All of you ou t there should never give info about yourself.NEVER!! :D :huh:

I know, most kids aren't aware, they even don't confront their parents for if I am right.

I told my parents, they looked at the site checking it was all safe and let me join (YAY)

Hello everyone! Wow. This post has really filled up since I left. I'm glad everyone has noticed that putting personal info where people can look at it is dangerious. If you really want to see what could happen to teens who do that, then watch Dateline's "To Catch a Predator"

Men chat on the internet with decoy teens, and they come to a house where the cops, and the showa host is waiting to ask them questions, and then they get arrested. I don't know what day, or time it comes on, but you could look it up on the internet. It's a really good show. I wouldn't advise the younger people on here to watch it. It does have some sexual content. They show the sexual conversations, and sometimes, pictures, (blurred out of course) on the show. Just to warn you.

i lov skate bording 2

I too agree that it is dangerous to put your personal info into your profile! That's why I don't have one! You never know what kinds of sickos, perverts, and fruitcakes are out there :rolleyes: :angry: :angry: :D :D :blink: