Customizing and modding v6's

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skrimps

Reaction score
This will be short as of right now, I have to go to bed soon but I will put the basics and update it tomorrow.

Well first is first, for some easy modding, 2 tamagotchi's are required.

For a even more custom tama you will need Krylon spray paint for plastics.

The reason I said v6's is because thats currently all I have atm and I have not opened any other models =[

Anyone who knows if the insides are the same please tell, but for now im just to be safe-

MUSIC STARS ONLY! I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE TO WHAT HAPPENS TO YOUR TAMAGOTCHI

But this is really safe and easy. (somewhat)

I opened up 2 of em for the project and it took longer then I expected (first time opening) but it wasn't to hard.

For screen swapping, button swapping, or shell swapping, your going to need a regular Philips head and a TINY Philips head. Like the ones you use for your glasses and watches etc. Theres a tiny one on my multitool so check yours if you have multitools.

Ok first, take off the keychain part. There cant be anything on that slot otherwise it wont open.

Once thats done unscrew that back of it like normal.

After that take out your battery- No worries it saves your tamagotchi all you have to do is download. I had my batteries out for about an hour an it still downloaded so no worries ;]

After that get your tiny philips and unscrew the 4 corner screws. After that DO NOT TAKE THE SHELL APART LIKE A MAD PERSON! Haha, I did that not expecting 2 little wires to connected to both halves. It didnt break but it was close. So take that half off GENTLY and kind of jest move it to the side. Try not to worry about the 2 wires so much, I was twisting an turning it but it was fine. Just use a little discretion.

Now unscrew the next 4 corner screws, at this point before taking off the motherboard theres a little gray button, be careful with that because mine popped off. You can just put it back even if it became unstuck, just set it aside for later. Gently pull off the motherboard, I got leverage from the infared box and pulled it off that way. Now this is where the buttons and screen are held, for some odd reason my screen was completely disconnected from the motherboard... This is not normal. My other tamagotchi screen was not. However this is fine, It is harder to put back together somewhat but it still works (somehow...) as long as its lined up with the golden bar things, you will see them.

Now if your button swapping all you have to do is repeat all those steps and take out the buttons (very simple) and swap them. If your background swapping (yes different tamagotchi's even in the same version have different backgrounds) which I suggest if you got the black techno v6, for some reason they put some weird background with random shapes and arrows that makes it hard to see whats going on. I swapped it with a blue city v6. Great background. To swap them, you slide out the cardboard, then switch them. Make sure the screen is back in place and the little black frame is in place an that theres no dust etc. (I made that mistake and had to take it apart to get the dust :eek: )

After that you can either go all out an swap the back shell. Its pretty self explanatory, If you have both of your tamagotchi's taken apart all you have to do is just swap the bottom shells (not the battery cover but the actual bottom shell).

When your done swapping to your liking all you have to do is make sure the screen is on, the LCD is in place, the motherboard is snug, tighten the first set of screws ( the 4 screw holes in the inner square), then place the infared plate back on, make sure the little nobby end goes in the slot part of the shell, not the wide end. If everything is in place you should be able to just put the last part of the shell on and screw it in ( the 4 outer screw holes ). I suggest putting only 2 screws in a diagonal pattern for both just in case you have to take it apart if somethings not right. Now for the moment of truth PUT THE BATTERY IN!

If It beeps then you did it right!

If it didn't beep then take the battery out an put it back in an make sure everything is snug around the casing. If it still doesn't work your going to have to take it apart and check what went wrong. Check for scratches on the motherboard, if it doesn't work and you have scratches, then its toast. If it doesn't work and you don't have scratches then check the screen to make sure its in place right. If it still doesn't work then you fried the motherboard. Now the only way that could happen is if you got it wet.

To recover your tamagotchi press B then make sure you select DOWNLOAD.

Try not to rush, it tends to lag when you do that so don't trip.

Viola!

*painting instructions coming soon*

*pictures coming soon*

Sorry... but this isn't debugging at all... Man, I thought that I had finally found a way to debug! Ha.

Sugoi ^-^ this is nice for people who want to make their own unique Tamagotchi. If you have a big collection you could try three different colored buttons! That would look so neat! Thank you for telling us what you should watch out for when modding a v.6! I hope you get a picture up soon, I'm curious what you did with it!

Latest posts

Back