What tests do you do?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brainy

March 2009 Contest Winner
Reaction score
What kind of tests do you do?

Well tell us?

SURVEYS ARE NOT INCLUDED.

But, by the way, I did:

NAPLAN tests for Yr3

ALL OF THE NSW tests for YR 3 and I am for Yr4

Private tests in class and for band.

I WILL DO THE OC TESTS AND SO ON.

WHAT ABOUT YOU?

NSW ones and others. I got high distinctions or distinctions on all the ones I took.
For the NSW, I got Participation for English, science and spelling.

I got Distinction for writing and High distinction for computer skills.

A guy I know got a medal for getting 100% in computer skills.

I did science, spelling, writing, english and maths.

Oh dear god, we did the NAPLAN last week. It's for all kids in years 3, 5, 7 and 9 from all around Australia, I believe. But as I was saying, we did it last week. We had to write stories, just do basic spelling and a whole maths test. Not really as bad as I thought.

The spelling was a breeze. I'm really confident and I reckon I atleast got nearly all of the questions right. Maybe a few here and there that I wasn't completely sure of.

The story writing was just plain fun. Our story topic was about a box... I managed to fit Spiderman, Batman, Merlin and Hercules into the plot aswell, lolio. I'm pretty happy with that story, I really wish I could have more writing time and make it longer!

The maths was really not as bad as I thought. We had two tests; the non-calculator allowed one, and the calculator allowed one. I really fail with fractions, so all the fraction questions I believe I got wrong.

We do little mini tests throughout the year aswell, but nothing as big as the NAPLAN. I know of the Wellington Spelling Test, and the Wellington Maths Test. I'm pretty sure we do one of them each term/half of the year.

Well...

I didn't do the year 3 NAPLAN tests... I was really sick the whole week we were doing them. When I came back to school and they gave me the test, I was complaining that I was still sick, so they just said don't bother xD

Grade 5 NAPLAN test was cool. I got like in the top few %'s for Chance And Data. :) Still really happy about that, though it was ages ago now.

Year 7 test... Hated that one. I sucked at that one. I was average everywhere...

Just when we thought we were done with the NAPLAN testing, they decide that they were going to have one in grade 9, so it followed us Dx

Ohh, and late last year we had to do this test that wasn't based on how many Q's you got right, but it was like a 'Competency Based' thing. I got an A on that :D

What was hilarious about it though was that one of the Q's was about how much rainfall there was our area... We had to choose a house size, 'water tank' size, and how much rain would, on average, fall on the roof. According to Darcy, 1000000L of water falls on his roof every month xD

They're assessment tests taken in Australia and New Zealand so if you live elsewhere you probably won't have taken them.

However, plenty of other countries have similar assessment tests in key subjects.

The UK has SATS (Standard Assessment Tests) for year 2 (6-7yr olds) and for year 6 (10-11yr olds) in English, Maths and Science.

Most of the UK pupils (possibly excluding Scotland - they have a slightly different education system) have just completed their tests this week.

There's talk that the SATS will be dropped next year - no more tests in May, just smaller regular assessments throughout the year instead.

I don't know any of those.

But we took the Science State Test last week~

We take the PSSAs every few years. (Pennsylvania State Assesment Test?)

I've taken the Career Apptitude Test.,

I've taken an IQ test,

I've taken the state achievement tests...

I've taken the 4-Sites...

I dunno. We take the 4-Sites every two or so months, just for PRACTICE. God. And we take PRACTICE PSSAs about twice a year. We take the REAL PSSAs every few years.

I'm taking the PSAT next fall, and the SAT sometime my junior year.

I need to score proficient or above on the PSSAs my junior year to graduate, and I need a good score on my SATS to get into college.

Where I live, in high school we take tests, dont know which. But I've taken a test called OLSAT (forget what it stands for) we did't get our results though.

And I took a provincial test called EQAO (Education Quality and Accountability Ontario) and I got... 87 in math, 91 in reading, and 97 in writing, I believe.

Plus exams... but those don't really count,

The only big tests took is the 4-sight and the PSSA test

I got Advanced for all fo the PSSA's I took so far 8D

Last edited by a moderator:
We have PATs (Progressive Achievement Tests) and ASTTLE(Asessment Tools for Learning) writing tests. There are also Australasian tests for Maths, English, Writing and Spelling. I recently did Maths English and Spelling Australasian tests and an ASTTLE test.

SAT test in yr 3, Banding test in year 5 and another SAT test in year 6.

SAT Basically determins your skill level in year 2 and it has Read, writing Long and short storys and maths. In year 6 it determins your secondary level and targets for year 7 like which group you will be with like for example, Maths, You will go in the highest set in secondary school if you get a high mark.

NJASK.

Crazyy*Tama:

I had mine two weeks ago. It was a nice break for classes. :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
The only big tests took is the 4-sight and the PSSA test
I got Advanced for all fo the PSSA's I took so far 8D
Me toooo 8D

I can't stand those hacking 4-Sights though. They make me sick. The stupid school system is just beating a dead horse and doing more harm than anything. Now when I go to take a REAL test, like the PSSAs, it's nothing special to me. I think, "Oh crap, another one of these. Let's just get it done," instead of actually giving it 110%. Every quarter? It's just too much, and it wastes loads of class time when we could actually be doing something productive.

Me toooo 8D
I can't stand those hacking 4-Sights though. They make me sick. The stupid school system is just beating a dead horse and doing more harm than anything. Now when I go to take a REAL test, like the PSSAs, it's nothing special to me. I think, "Oh crap, another one of these. Let's just get it done," instead of actually giving it 110%. Every quarter? It's just too much, and it wastes loads of class time when we could actually be doing something productive.
couldn't have said it better Cinder. I hate 4-sight. They suck. End of storeh :3 (I usually get Advanced in reading and Proficient in math, woot x3)

couldn't have said it better Cinder. I hate 4-sight. They suck. End of storeh :3 (I usually get Advanced in reading and Proficient in math, woot x3)
It's stupid really, because they don't even count for anything.

If the 4-Sight was a person, I'd shoot it in the face.

I've taken FSA's [Foundation skills assessment for GR 4&7 in BC], and practice SATs [scholastic Aptitude test for college entrance in US and CA], and I've taken a whole bunch of practice provincial exams: french 10 second language, french 12 second language, french 10 immersion, french 12 immersion, french 10 first language, maybe french 12 first language, english 10, english 12, math 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back