How to save a wet tamagotchi!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jolty

Reaction score
Oh no! Did you accidentally drop your poor tama in the bathtub? Why did you have it near a full bathtub in the first place! Oh well, no time for questions. A wet virtual pet is a virtual emergency. If you act quick enough, you might be able to save it! This method can also be used for cellphones, hand-held video game systems, keyboards and more!

1. GET THE BATTERIES OUT! Get the batteries out! Get the batteries out! Get them out! Quick! Don't stop and ask questions, just get the batteries out of there as quick as possible before the water causes your poor pet to short out. You do not want to put new batteries in until you're 100% certain that your pet is dry. This is the most important step of all.

Optional: Rinse your pet out with rubbing alcohol (that means isopropyl alcohol, not vodka...) and then follow the next steps as usual. This is not necessary, but it'll speed up the drying process and might increase your pet's chances of recovery.[/b]

2. DRY IT OFF! Shake the water out and then dry it off with a towel.

3. VACCUUM THE WATER OUT! Take a vaccuum with a tube and put the thinnest attachment on the end. Put it on a low setting and try to vaccuum the water out through the cracks and holes on your pet.

Note: Do not use a hair dryer or anything that blows air into it, as this could force the water deeper into your pet and ruin it. You should also avoid using anything that creates heat, because it could damage the internal components and melt the glue that holds the screen in place.

4. PUT IT IN A CONTAINER OF RICE! Now you're probably thinking, "Uh, what?", but it really does work! Rice naturally absorbs water, and it'll help get the remaining water out of your pet. You'll have to leave it in there for a while -- leave it there for no less than two weeks just to be safe. If you dropped it directly into the water, you're probably going to want to leave it in there for at least a month.

If, for some reason, you don't have rice available, you can put your pet on top of your monitor. The very slight amount of heat and air will help dry your pet out, but it'll take a lot longer than the rice method. Please do not try this if you rinced it with rubbing alcohol.

5. GET NEW BATTERIES! Rusted batteries can explode or leak and damage your pet. You're probably going to need to buy new batteries. Save your old ones and bring them to the store with you so that the people working there know what type you need. Do not put your new batteries in your pet until you're 100% sure it's completely dry. You might be tempted to test it, but doing that could cause it to short out and stop working.

But wait! What if you dropped it into a glass of juice or pop?

If you've gotten anything besides regular water on it, you're going to need to remove the batteries immediately as usual, and then wash it out with fresh or bottled water (and optionally rubbing alcohol). This is especially important if you dropped it into the ocean or anything else containing salt.

Hmm... I guess maybe tamas are more durable than I thought. I've lost no less than three non-tama brand pets due to water (only twice was my own fault, haha), so I decided to do some research and write a guide on how to give them the best chance of survival. This method is actually how I saved a cellphone that I thought was completely dead.

I think the most important rule of thumb, if you want to be sure that your pet continues to work, is to take the batteries out until it's 100% dry.

This is real good advice. :]]

This happened to my V2 before. I dropped it in a cup of water. xD

It's just that the battery died out due to the shock, I let it dry out for over a night, and then I added the same battery to it again. And it worked. o_O

I used a hairdryer to speed up the process a bit, DON'T DO THIS.

To save a wet tamagotchi... :furawatchi:

Youll need

a towel

a wet tamagotchi

paper napkin

Actually,

I had a V5 and it fell in a river at around 10:45am and the school wouldn't let me get it so it stayed in there for 5 mins.

When I got in school it started behaing on it's own and eventually reset itself.

When i got home 3:30pm I removed the battery and placed i in a tea teatowel for the night.

In the morning I woke up and put the battery in the tama. HURRAH! It worked and it only had curios shapes on the screen! SO THAT IS HOW YOU FIXA BROKEN TAMA YOU DONT NEED SUCK IT UP A VACUME CLENAER OR SOAK IT RICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Signed

Papapatchi

Oh no! Did you accidentally drop your poor tama in the bathtub? Why did you have it near a full bathtub in the first place! Oh well, no time for questions. A wet virtual pet is a virtual emergency. If you act quick enough, you might be able to save it! This method can also be used for cellphones, hand-held video game systems, keyboards and more!
1. GET THE BATTERIES OUT! Get the batteries out! Get the batteries out! Get them out! Quick! Don't stop and ask questions, just get the batteries out of there as quick as possible before the water causes your poor pet to short out. You do not want to put new batteries in until you're 100% certain that your pet is dry. This is the most important step of all.

Optional: Rinse your pet out with rubbing alcohol (that means isopropyl alcohol, not vodka...) and then follow the next steps as usual. This is not necessary, but it'll speed up the drying process and might increase your pet's chances of recovery.[/b]

2. DRY IT OFF! Shake the water out and then dry it off with a towel.

3. VACCUUM THE WATER OUT! Take a vaccuum with a tube and put the thinnest attachment on the end. Put it on a low setting and try to vaccuum the water out through the cracks and holes on your pet.

Note: Do not use a hair dryer or anything that blows air into it, as this could force the water deeper into your pet and ruin it. You should also avoid using anything that creates heat, because it could damage the internal components and melt the glue that holds the screen in place.

4. PUT IT IN A CONTAINER OF RICE! Now you're probably thinking, "Uh, what?", but it really does work! Rice naturally absorbs water, and it'll help get the remaining water out of your pet. You'll have to leave it in there for a while -- leave it there for no less than two weeks just to be safe. If you dropped it directly into the water, you're probably going to want to leave it in there for at least a month.

If, for some reason, you don't have rice available, you can put your pet on top of your monitor. The very slight amount of heat and air will help dry your pet out, but it'll take a lot longer than the rice method. Please do not try this if you rinced it with rubbing alcohol.

5. GET NEW BATTERIES! Rusted batteries can explode or leak and damage your pet. You're probably going to need to buy new batteries. Save your old ones and bring them to the store with you so that the people working there know what type you need. Do not put your new batteries in your pet until you're 100% sure it's completely dry. You might be tempted to test it, but doing that could cause it to short out and stop working.

But wait! What if you dropped it into a glass of juice or pop?

If you've gotten anything besides regular water on it, you're going to need to remove the batteries immediately as usual, and then wash it out with fresh or bottled water (and optionally rubbing alcohol). This is especially important if you dropped it into the ocean or anything else containing salt.
Wow! Thanks for the great advice! I love it! <_<

PS: If some people on here are saying "You don't need her advice." just ignore them. I know how it hurts to get your advice shamed. ^_^

How to change the Ninja Family Back to Normal
to answer your question go to the 5th ion on your screen then go down t special and put in the following: 07400 43794 then press B and repotchi will appear on your screen with a present in the present you should get a STEAMED BUN this will be in your SNACKS list. make your tama eat this and it will change back to normal. you got the NINJA family because you neglected your tamas happy hearts, also once your characters have changed back you will still have the NINA FAMILY PARENTS sadly there is no cure there. [well no that i know of anyway.] :lol: ^_^ ^_^

hope i helped

[SIZE=21pt]Memetchi7[/SIZE]

Thanks so much! I did everything but soaked it in rice (i didn't have any :puroperatchi: ) but I used a sponge and that worked to!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back in 2004 I had 2 V1s. One day I accidentally spilled milk on them. I took the batteries out and let them both dry for aprox. 24 hrs. The light pink one didn't make it, but the dark pink one did and I am still using it to this day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back