Have you ever own a Non Tamagotchi Virtual Pet?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Save_Tamagotchis

Reaction score
I remember when I was little and Tamagotchi's were still the hottest thing around.

I didn't really know what a Tamagotchi was other then it was a tiny little eletrical toy that ran on watch batteries and it allowed you to take care of a virtual creature. They were in all the stores in my area...taped to the disply windows or hung up behind the counters...and I wanted one since at the time my parents were still debating on getting a pet...which we eventually got our dog...who resently passed away after thirteen years and even in death is treated like a king.

Finally my parents allowed me to get one and I proudly bought it with my own money...but at the time I was inexpirnced in information about Tamagotchis and now today I know that my first Virtual Pet wasn't a real Tamagotchi but one of the many virtual pets other companies made at the time to get into what was popular.

I had a Dinke Dino; who I named after the main character of my fathers favorite TV show at the time and also my own little play on the name of it "Dinke Dino". It was a white Dinke Dino with red buttons and I loved the little guy. I took it everywhere with me and always checked to make sure it was okay. The first few times I lft it with my mom to watch after school I eventually started taking it to school since I would always come home to see him sick and his meters all empty. I hid him under my desk and took care of him that way and never got caught.

Sadly though he died at age 31...he lived very long I wager since I hear people say this virtual pet tends to burn out or something after a bit...which mine did when I was raising my third dino on that toy. I was devistated when it broke, the pixels on the screen had started going away for a few days and then it suddenly stopped working. I know it was a toy but it was also the first thing I bought with my own money so I was also proud of it.

I also had other non Tamagotchi pets such as a Nano Baby, 4 in 1 Pet, Little Mermaid Virtual Pet amoung many others that I also bought with my own money. My first real Tamagotchi was a purple one with lavander swirls, my second was an Angelagotchi.

Of course I was happy when new Tamagotchis were being made like the v1, v2, v3, v4, v5 and the Music Star.

But despite it not being a Tamagotchi that single Dinke Dino was always speical.

Do any of you have a similar story? Did any of you own a none Tamagotchi virtual pet you really remember?

I had a couple Nano Pet's when I was younger, I remember that noe was a green Kitty and a Yellow Dog ^_^ the plastic around them, I mean, but I was really little, that's all I remember

I have Nickelodeon Rugrats Reptar, a Taz, a Gigapet kitten, and a multipet one. Also I have a blue "My Kitten" that I got at Hot Topic. They all work fine, but I like the Tamagotchis MUCH better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back