Love Stories

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DemonSlayer5050

Reaction score
Love Stories.

Recently, I've wanted to make a love story, between a boy and girl of course, but I'm not good with love stories >.< A lot of love stories I've read, Twilight fail, so I was wondering if some people could give me some tips

Like, what are some things YOU look for in a love story?

O: Thanks

As you were saying on aim, the Communication in "You Belong with me" (The writing on paper, windows.. blablabla) would work. It could just be like "You Belong with me": Unpopular girl is really good friends with a cute guy, but he has a snobby popular girlfriend. That's a little common though.

I am not very good at writing, but there is my idea.

I actually have another story idea like that O_O but this one's a bit different. I'm not too positive on the complete plot so I'll get back to you on that.

I never really look for anything specific in a love story or even a story in general - as long as it's well written, it's good.

There are plenty of ideas that you could do for a love story, but they're usually not too original. Maybe you could work with them into your own type of romance.

There's always the "forbidden love" type thing, such as Romeo and Juliet. It's pretty common, but if you think of a way to make it different, then go for it.

Personally, the movie "Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist" had the cutest romance ever - it was a turn of fate type deal, accidental, but in the end they realized they were so right for eachother. :]

you should do a love story about a girl named Ashley and Matthew. Ashley is a very shy girl who is a good friend with matthew. Matthew is a football player hottie whom every girl likes. ok so you know matthew has lots of girls lovin him so he could get any girl he wanted. And the girl he wanted was Ashley. Ashley is a medium sized girl with long brunette hair who is very shy and she secretly likes Matthew too.

Ok so when someone figured out that ashley liked matthew that someone was matthews best friend andre and andre decides to tell matthew that ashley likes him. when that rumor came to matthew , matthew decides to tell ashley she likes him back he was to shy soo he decides to tell andre to tell ashley he likes him back. so ashley get the news from andre , she starts getting super shy and was to shy to talk to matthew.

so then a year later the ashleys 2 bff decied to ask matthew to go out with ashley. and after matthew said yes after matthew said that the rumors spreaded about him saying yes to a very shy girl. but everyone was still confused if ashley really wanted to go out with him.

ashley knew about this and thought they were dating so did her friends. then a month later she had to go on a little travel to see her realitves and when she came back he bestfriend texted her saying matthew is cheating on you. so when ashley heard it she went back to school the next day and was told about matthew cheating on her.

the story is when ashley gone away matthew didnt knoe she was leaving and she was gone for a month and when she left for a month matthew that she moved and then this girl comes in named marissa and asks matthew out to the dance and matthew replys sure.

and when matthew realized ashley and see her in the cafateria he realizes he didnt knoe how much he loved ashley. then matthew decide to ask ashley to the dance but realizes that he already said yes to marissa. He knew if he asked ashley out it would break marissas heart and if he goes with marissa it would break ashleys heart

so then he has to choose between ashley or marissa.... So then he realizes that marissa was a popular girl who hated girls that bonded well with her man and that she could fight. and when matthew realized if he went with ashley she might get hurt. he which ever date he picked he would hurt ashley . so then matthew a choice and took ashley and after that he decides to be side by side with ashley to protect her from marissa....

ya make the conflict mine is kinda bad well ya thats my story

I could give you a list of some love stories I've read that don't fail. You may like them, but I think that's one idea before you start planning the writing. [:

you should do a love story about a girl named Ashley and Matthew. Ashley is a very shy girl who is a good friend with matthew. Matthew is a football player hottie whom every girl likes. ok so you know matthew has lots of girls lovin him so he could get any girl he wanted. And the girl he wanted was Ashley. Ashley is a medium sized girl with long brunette hair who is very shy and she secretly likes Matthew too.
Ok so when someone figured out that ashley liked matthew that someone was matthews best friend andre and andre decides to tell matthew that ashley likes him. when that rumor came to matthew , matthew decides to tell ashley she likes him back he was to shy soo he decides to tell andre to tell ashley he likes him back. so ashley get the news from andre , she starts getting super shy and was to shy to talk to matthew.

so then a year later the ashleys 2 bff decied to ask matthew to go out with ashley. and after matthew said yes after matthew said that the rumors spreaded about him saying yes to a very shy girl. but everyone was still confused if ashley really wanted to go out with him.

ashley knew about this and thought they were dating so did her friends. then a month later she had to go on a little travel to see her realitves and when she came back he bestfriend texted her saying matthew is cheating on you. so when ashley heard it she went back to school the next day and was told about matthew cheating on her.

the story is when ashley gone away matthew didnt knoe she was leaving and she was gone for a month and when she left for a month matthew that she moved and then this girl comes in named marissa and asks matthew out to the dance and matthew replys sure.

and when matthew realized ashley and see her in the cafateria he realizes he didnt knoe how much he loved ashley. then matthew decide to ask ashley to the dance but realizes that he already said yes to marissa. He knew if he asked ashley out it would break marissas heart and if he goes with marissa it would break ashleys heart
No offense, but that's kind of YOUR story idea not mine.

I already have an idea about the plot, I just want some tips on how to make it good and not just all lovey-dovey. It was going to be a kind of "forbidden love" thing like tamtamkitty mentioned, I just want tips so it doesn't turn into a twilight.

In a love story, I definitely look for the building of the relationship. Romances that are just like, one kiss, one date and we're in love get really boring. I do like to see two characters going on a date once in a while.

Classical romances are always a good subject to help with ideas because the romances in those stories come more naturally.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sad ending. I actually prefer sad ending in love stories for some reason xD I don't know why...

@Popprincess: Thanks! I kind of want that for my story, I want the reader to actually see the relationship build before their eyes ;)

@Weiwei: I actually do to sometimes xD Mine might have one, it depends, I'm still trying to figure out the plot.

I'm writing one about a boy and a boy hurrhurr

I personally like reading all that lovey-dovey, romantic, you-know-that-this-will-never-happen-ever kind of stuff.

Things that are just so sweet and thoughtful from the guy, that just get you off into girlish fantasies.

EDIT: Something like, both characters secretly like each other and gradually start making it known.

[SIZE=9pt]Hmm... Well, I like love stories with a Cinderella-y story line. xD[/SIZE]

I mean, if you change it around quite a bit, so it's not like 'hot popular boy falls in love with quiet nerdy girl.'

There's your forbiddon love, with some more thrown in.

I think the alternate chapters would be good. I mean, I hate it when it's just the girl's view - you never know what the boy is thinking or feeling.

It wouldn't be too confusing - just don't jump to things inbetween. That annoys me so muchhhh. ):<

Ermm, I hope I make sense. D;

I was thinking of doing that, but it might be too confusing to follow you know?
No, I think that would work. Noughts and Crosses is one such book that does this idea really well.

You should read it, actually. It's a good book for some ideas about forbidden love in a dystopic world.

And the whole foebidden love thing really sprouts from Romeo and Juliet, so if someone says it's like Twilight because of it, tell them about that ; )

I also think plot twists are quite interesting.

Perhaps an extra character that confesses their feelings towards your male or female character. If they're good friends, for instance, then the relationships all become more awkward.

Ohwait.. I only thought about this now.. That could sound too much like Jacob from Twi x.x

I was thinking of doing that, but it might be too confusing to follow you know?
Well it's only confusing if you make it confusing, know what I mean?

The book "Flipped" was written from two points of views, but it was very clear and ended up making the story better. And I think "The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants" is written from 4 different points of views. (I can't remember it's been a while)

If you think that would add to your story, use two points of views. But I recommend only using it if you want the characters to follow a somewhat different plot line through the story - because if they're always together and always thinking the same basic thing, you're gonna be reading the same chapter twice, if that makes sense. xD

Or, if you want to write in depth thoughts without doing the two points of views, you could write it in 3rd person so you can describe all the character's feelings.

I hope I helped.

It's a bit late, I have no idea what I'm talking about. Aha.

Anyways good luck

Well it's only confusing if you make it confusing, know what I mean?
The book "Flipped" was written from two points of views, but it was very clear and ended up making the story better. And I think "The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants" is written from 4 different points of views. (I can't remember it's been a while)

If you think that would add to your story, use two points of views. But I recommend only using it if you want the characters to follow a somewhat different plot line through the story - because if they're always together and always thinking the same basic thing, you're gonna be reading the same chapter twice, if that makes sense. xD

Or, if you want to write in depth thoughts without doing the two points of views, you could write it in 3rd person so you can describe all the character's feelings.

I hope I helped.

It's a bit late, I have no idea what I'm talking about. Aha.

Anyways good luck
I read a book once written from different points of view. It wasn't in a steady pattern ie Person 1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 3,, and it overlapped sometimes which didn't make it confusing just slightly boring. "Voice in the Distance" is a great book, with lots of characters but only the main two 'writing'. The chapters never overlapped and the book was brilliant. The author just had a plotline, and for each chapter decided who would tell it better. It was a great book.

Also, don't make the plot too predictable, but if it is going to be fairly standard, the way you write it has to be brilliant to make it stand out. There was something else I was going to mention but I've forgotton. I'll edit when it comes back to me.

Those are my tips!!

Giraffagotchi

I think it should be about two best friends, a boy and a girl who don't realize they like eachother and when they do they dont know how to tell eachother...I'm too tired to think of how it should end

Latest posts

Back