How should I get rid of my tamas?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BuddiLuvsYew

Reaction score
I am getting a Angelgotchi in the mail. REALLY soon :(

And I decided that in preparation for this little guy to arrive, I should down-size my collection by getting rid of 2 or 3 of my tamagotchi. But I'm not sure how I should do it :p (I'm very indecisive when it comes to these things) So I thought I would ask you TTers your opinion of how I should get rid of them :D

Options:

1. Smash them (This is cruel :( )

2. Give them to my little sisters (One of my sisters is 4, the other 11. The older one doesnt like Tamagotchis and the younger one doesnt take very good care of hers)

3. Give them to Goodwill (or some other thrift-store)

4. Sell them on ebay (it would be nice to get a bit of money from selling my tams. But ebay is a tad bit complicated sometimes)

5. Hide them in a box somewhere in my room and never find them ever again (I would still be tempted to use them, so this isnt the best idea)

6. ?? Does anyone have any ideas?? :(

My Tamagotchis:

1 v1 (cant rid of it. Too rare nowadays)

2 v2s (I can get rid of one of these guys. The other was my first Tamagotchi EVER that I dont plan to be rid of anytime soon)

2 v3s (I can get rid of one of these, but I dont really want to :( Its too pretty)

1 v4.5 (I can get rid of this guy)

1 v5 Celeb (I can definitely get rid of this guy)

1 Music Star (cant get rid of this. Christmas present from my BFF)

and one chibi (I AM NOT GETTING RID OF THIS! My baby Chibi that came all the way from Japan?! No WAY!)

Thats 9 Tamagotchi.

Please help me decide! :angry:

Thanks,

BuddiLuvsYew

I think you should hide some in a box and try to forget about them just in case you think you could ever take care of 10

What I'm thinking about doing is taking that special v3, hiding it, and then somehow get rid of that v4.5.

Decisions, decisions LOL

Do you think I should get rid of my v2? I mean, v2's are kinda rare now, but they arent THAT high in demand. I think I could definitely get rid of that one without any consequences.

i had the same problem, i know its alot but i kept one of each version it may seem like alot but the ones you dont play with just put them in a special box and keep them some were and the extras put them up for trade or for sale in the tbay secion

If only you knew in all the years I have been collecting and playing with these the countless people I have talked to who deeply regret getting rid of their Tamagotchis.

I say put them away somewhere and forget about them. They will be a fantastic surprise to find in a year or two or more.

you should mail them to me :nazotchi: i dont care which one, i love all tamas! ecpesially from you!

i am ur 1 fan!!!!!! :D :D ps. if you want to mail them to me, pm me and tell me u want to , then i will give u my address so u can mail them.

Last edited by a moderator:
you should mail them to me :D i dont care which one, i love all tamas! ecpesially from you!i am ur 1 fan!!!!!! :D :D ps. if you want to mail them to me, pm me and tell me u want to , then i will give u my address so u can mail them.
Awww, I would love to mail them to you :)

But, I dont know... my parents might not like it very much. They dont like random mailing-transactions over the internet LOL

I'll ask them, see what they say, and PM you later :)

If only you knew in all the years I have been collecting and playing with these the countless people I have talked to who deeply regret getting rid of their Tamagotchis.
I say put them away somewhere and forget about them. They will be a fantastic surprise to find in a year or two or more.
I do like surprises :) But I would have to hide them extremely well. And somewhere my mom wouldnt find them and try to get rid of them... she hates Tamagotchis :)

How about.. *gasp* put them up in storage, like a garage or deep inside your closet.

That's just ridiculous to purposely give them away, or destroy them. You could easily dispose of the batteries so that you can't play with some of them.

How about.. *gasp* put them up in storage, like a garage or deep inside your closet.That's just ridiculous to purposely give them away, or destroy them. You could easily dispose of the batteries so that you can't play with some of them.
How is it ridiculous to give them away? Destroying them is, but not giving them away.

And I dont use of them all at once, I just HAVE them, and I dont like it. LOL :)

And BTW, theres no need for sarcasm. :)

How is it ridiculous to give them away? Destroying them is, but not giving them away.
And I dont use of them all at once, I just HAVE them, and I dont like it. LOL :)

And BTW, theres no need for sarcasm. :)
=P Sorry if my sarcasm is rude. I don't aim for my sarcasm to be rude, I apologize.

Well, I just got overly upset because I don't want you to give away something that's special to you, and possibly regret giving it away. Because many situations like this has happen in my life before. And I don't want you looking bad feeling upset.

=P Sorry if my sarcasm is rude. I don't aim for my sarcasm to be rude, I apologize. Well, I just got overly upset because I don't want you to give away something that's special to you, and possibly regret giving it away. Because many situations like this has happen in my life before. And I don't want you looking bad feeling upset.
Oh, I dont think I will be upset :p

I have down-sized twice before, and neither times bothered me (in total, I have gotten rid of 4 v3's, 3 or 4 v5's, 2 v4.5's and a v4).

And thanks for apologizing :D Most of the time when I comment on someones sarcasm on this forum, they get offended or they fight back and its not too pretty... LOL :p But you are a good decent polite person :D

:] You are a great person too. Not too often I'll meet someone like you on the boards. Thanks once again. =P

It's relieving to meet someone like you.

Wow, I'm just the type of person who would be hurt to give away old things. xD

:] You are a great person too. Not too often I'll meet someone like you on the boards. Thanks once again. =PIt's relieving to meet someone like you.

Wow, I'm just the type of person who would be hurt to give away old things. xD
Aww thanks :D ^_^

And thats okay, a lot of people like to keep their stuff :p And I understand that, too. Its just that with Tamagotchis, I feel EXTREMELY over-whelmed when I have too many.

I'm trying to tell myself its okay to have a lot of them, because its a "collection", but my brain wont believe me :(

LOL I have a problem.. :p

well ill go with the box part. take the batteries out of the one u will part with and put it and the batteries in a box so if you can take care of ten you take it out and put the batteries in and i think when you do that it will say reset or continue or something. PS: or just pause it and put it in a box xD

by the way i never have this prob i always take care of two tamas or less ata time.

Aww thanks :D :D
And thats okay, a lot of people like to keep their stuff :p And I understand that, too. Its just that with Tamagotchis, I feel EXTREMELY over-whelmed when I have too many.

I'm trying to tell myself its okay to have a lot of them, because its a "collection", but my brain wont believe me :D

LOL I have a problem.. :p
I guess that's an ok problem to have since there are sooooo many people who find it next to impossible to get rid of ANYTHING.

I figure, Tamagotchis are so small that they are easy to collect.

I just keep mine in plastic storage containers that live in my closet. They are not seen and not in the way. :D I bet all you would need is a shoe box.

But if your brain forces you to not have clutter then I can understand.

Keep them for your future kids... Put them in a safe place where you won't get to them... Or with clothes that aren't being warn that are put away... (If you do that... ) Sure you'll see them when you switch season's clothing... But you'll still have them.

I would take them.... but I'm perfectly fine caring for ... 14 I think... and whatever number of digital pets I had to have over the years...

If you really think getting rid of them is what you should do. Sell them on Ebay-Or Here. There is a section here...

Don't do something you'll regret later.

I have 17 tamas and only 3 are on at this moment!

Remove the batteries and put them in a box and put them on the shelf in your closet. Out of sight, out of mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back