Do you make your own skinny jeans?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wama

Reaction score
Well do you? I do, I think it's a bit pricey to spend $30 bucks on them, while I could just cut off the excess fabric.

How would you do that?

I make my own shorts out of old jeans sometimes and in Fabric class at school I made a pair of PJs and am in the process of making a skirt.

Hard to believe, I know.

It's kinda complicated.. you're just doing a lot of sewing. You're basically wrapping and cutting off extra fabric. I'm looking at videos, and articles learning how to do it.

You use baggy jeans such a bootleg cut, etc.

I'd love to try.

But I'd end up screwing up and probably cutting the Butt part out

I'd rather not share the veiw of my butt to anyone. Its mine.

I made a pair of shorts before, out of jeans.

I might actually make a pair of shorts out of my old skinny jeans.

Noo. I only have one pair on non-skinny jeans right now, and they're fine how they are xD

But I did make bubblewrap pants one time over some red leggings.

That was fun.

Nope. I love skinny jeans, but I buy them.

I know how to sew, but I don't think I ever have. Hmmm... maybe that will be my project... YES!!!! Bwahahaha!!!!!... so I have alot of jeans that don't fit me anymore. (what a shock) So I'll cut them apart and make skirts and stuff! :lol:

I just buy them.

You can always get skinny jeans when there on sale for like $15.

I don't think it's worth it making them yourself.

You'd need to buy boot leg jeans (which costs money too), sewing equipment and you need to put a lot of time and effort into it.

Overall, in my opinion making them yourself would be a lot more pricey then just buying them when they're on sale.

EDIT: Me and Esther posted at the same time. XD

Last edited by a moderator:
No, I don't make my own.

I think all I own are skinny jeans, anyway.

I failed miserably at sewing class in eighth grade.

We made boxers, and mine fell apart the first time I washed them. :I

So I'd rather not risk it, thanks.

... I'm too uncoordinated to sew anything. We made pillows in Home Ec one year... mine is horribly misshapen. Imagine what my jeans would look like. Not a pretty picture.

You can do that..?
I'm not even gonna give that a try.

I know I'll mess up terrible. D:
i can't cut straight lines, and the fabric might mess up, so i'm not going to do it. i never knew you can make jeans tho. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back