Not eating or sleeping.

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamagirl_Desy

Reaction score
For the past week, I haven't been eating or sleeping.

I've been having weird emotional issues too.

Sometimes I'll be amazingly happy, like there's nothing wrong in the world.

And then all of a sudden I'll start screaming and breaking things, or on the verge of tears.

I'm just not hungry.

And when I am, and I eat, I get full immediately.

The only thing I ate today was a cookie, and it filled me up.

Whenever I eat, I usually feel nauseous too.

I haven't been sleeping either.

I have difficulty falling asleep, so I'll stay up until 6:00 in the morning.

Then, I'll finally drift off, and wake up in less than two hours.

I don't know what to do. :[

You are in the exact same boat I was in about three months ago.

Ask your doctor for Celexa, or Citalopram. They're exactly the same thing.

If you do get them, never forget to take them. If you do, you're screwed. Because believe me, your mood can, in fact, get worse.

I sleep perfectly well, and I haven't broken something for a few weeks now.

Sounds like depression. I suggest you see your doctor. If I gibe you advice I'm gonna end up suggesting you take some random medicien.

I hope you get better cause that can cause you to get really weak.

You ate a cookie and you were full? Oh man.. I wish I had your body. xP

TamaGirl_Desy it's none other than depress and anxiety. This isn't the first I have seen you posting topics about you being bummed out by other people. Just hang in there. :\

Don't forget lacking to contact your pals

Well, no idea what not eating does to you, but without sleep, your body becomes weaker. And it affects your height growth too, but I doubt people care about that xD

' date='July 26, 2009 12:31 am'] You are in the exact same boat I was in about three months ago.
Ask your doctor for Celexa, or Citalopram. They're exactly the same thing.

If you do get them, never forget to take them. If you do, you're screwed. Because believe me, your mood can, in fact, get worse.

I sleep perfectly well, and I haven't broken something for a few weeks now.
Same here.

Last year, around the beginning of the year, I was on Celexa.

I quit them around July of Last year. though. It didn't affect my Mood really. Actually, it didn't help at all. I started them in January 08

---

As for the food thing, What I would do is, Think of Healthy/Yummy Foods you like, Get the Foods, Write them Down on paper, and Tape the paper beside your bed. When you get up in the morning, Look at the paper, and Eat a healthy Portion of those foods. I dunno.

And as for the Sleep thing, I know how you feel. I have the same sleeping Problem.

Try listening to quiet relaxing music, and just lay there. I fall asleep that way sometimes.

For me, It also helps if I know theres something important going on the next day, even if there isn't, I'll pretend there is, and that will sometimes get me to go to sleep earlier/longer.

Before you go on medications for depression(which I personally don't recommend), you should talk to a doctor about trying possibly medications(or other things) that will increase your appetite. My grandpa had to take one but I don't remember what it was called and it seemed to work quite well. My grandma would slip it in with his other meds after he had his stroke so he didn't even know he was taking them(that way he couldn't fake being hungry to please us).

I would also talk to them about the sleep thing first. See if there's anything they can recommend home remedy wise before you go on any meds(including appetite meds). Even things so much as stretching every morning/night before bed can help increase appetite and sleep.

I've been put on quite a few different meds for depression and they made me worse. When I wasn't a zombie, I was suicidal and visa versa. I don't recommend them to anyone, especially anyone under 18 or who isn't fully developed.

It sounds weird, but even just going for a walk or jog can boost the general mood. On days I go for a walk around the lake I feel better at night. Yoga might also be a good idea. It helps relieve stress since it's quite calming. I sleep better if I do it before bed.

The only thing I can really recommend for both problems is exercise. I'd leave medication to a very last resort.

I figure it's better to try natural ways than to just rely on medications that may or may not work.

Not eating or sleeping? Wow.

Go to your doctor and have them check you out. They will probably give you medicines like Celexa or Citalopram.

Like [-Horizons///] said, dont forget to take them!

Push your self to eat. If you just ate a cookie and that's it, ATLEAST try to get one meal in your body. Maybe after lunch but before dinner. Have a friend/family member over and have them make sure you eat. Everyday increase how much you ate. But don't eat too much. You don't wanna be fat, do you?

Are you on some kind of medication already? Because my sister is currently on a medication and it made her lose her appettite. Although she still sleeps fine, maybe your medication makes you like that? (if you ARE on one)

As for sleeping, what I do sometimes when I can't sleep is I put the blanket over my head and close my eyes. I eventually fall asleep.

I hope I helped. Feel better soon. <3 Ily.

I suggest you go to the doctor and, first and foremost, let him or her give you a diagnosis - not us.

I was having a some of the same problems on a smaller scale and they have recently been coming back, but they also came with migraines, five days out of the week, and anxiety attacks. :/

My family doctor first put me on Lexapro, which only helped for a few months before my symptoms returned, and then we switched to Citalopram. And like Becca said, if the doctor does give you this particular medicine, don't forget to take them. I forget quite a bit, as I'm taking them right now to see if it helps. If I do forget, I get horrible headaches and eat as little as a few crackers before I feel nauseus and give up on food. It's not a fun feeling.

That's just if he or she happens to give you Zoloft/Citalopram/Lexapro, though.

Otherwise, I suggest you pace your eating throughout the day. If you can't eat one large meal at one time, eat small things every two hours, maybe. As for your lack of sleep, your body still needs a break, so rest every few hours for a little while in a while until you can see the doctor.

Good luck - I hope things get better for you. :]

This is very unhealthy. You have to eat and sleep, otherwise you can get really weak.

I have somewhat of a similar problem. Lately, I haven't been eating much either. I mean, my case is not as extreme is yours, but I used to eat breakfast, (possibly a snack), lunch, a snack, and dinner (possibly another snack).

Now, I only eat lunch (I get up late during the summer) and a light snack, then dinner. And when I eat, I get a belly ache a lot. x_x

So maybe I know, this much of what you're going through? -holds out index finger and thumb-

Anyway, I recommend forcing yourself to eat a little more, even if it hurts. In the long run, it will definitely be better for you. Not eating is very dangerous, and can be fatal in some cases - You've heard of eating disorders, right?

As for sleeping, try doing a relaxing night time routine that will help soothe your muscles, your mind, etc and get you ready for bed. If you meditate or take a long shower, it will probably help you feel relaxed before you sleep.

If all else fails, see a doctor and explain you situation to him/her. I wish you all the best Desy - good luck overcoming this.

sounds like bipolar disorder, or your just being manic, depressed people sleep alot, manic people barely sleep. When your bipolar you also have major mood swings, see your docter because this could get worse very fast, many bipolar people get into drugs and shop lifting (not giving you a bad name :) )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back