What does your name mean?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

popprincess83

Reaction score
I found out my name, Devin, means bard or professional poet.

Which is weird because I like to write a lot, sometimes poems or songs.

What does your name mean? And does it fit in with your personality?

For the record, I used this to find my name's meaning: www.name-meanings.com. But you can use whatever you want.

Last edited by a moderator:
One source says it means a rose, but another says it means valuable/brilliant xP

My name is Christopher which means a Christ Follower or Bearer..

Oh jee.... >___>

MARIA

Usage: Italian, Portuguese, Catalan, German, Scandinavian, Dutch, Greek, Polish, Romanian, English, Finnish, Icelandic, Corsican, Basque

Other Scripts: Μαρια (Greek)

Pronounced: mah-REE-ah (Italian, German, Dutch), MAHR-yah (Polish), mə-REE-ə (English) [key]

Latin form of Greek Μαρια, from Hebrew מִרְיָם (see MARY). Maria is the usual form of the name in many European languages, as well as a secondary form in other langauges such as English (where the common spelling is Mary). In some countries, for example Germany, Poland and Italy, Maria is occasionally used as a masculine middle name.

This was the name of two ruling queens of Portugal. It was also borne by the Habsburg queen Maria Theresa (1717-1780), whose inheritance of the domains of her father, the Holy Roman Emperor Charles VI, began the War of the Austrian Succession.

Also::

It means 'bitter' or 'sea of bitterness'.

That's nice.

Diva.

These days, it means a self absorbed (bleeped out word) who loves bossing people around.

That's more or less acurate.

It also means "light" in Punjabi.

Pick your favorite.

gvhfcvthcfvfhj;; My name isn't on that website D:<

That really angers meeee! DD:

But mum told me that my name, Ksenia, means 'hospitable to strangers'. I find that amusing.. so I'm really friendly towards strange pedophile men, am I?

Oh yess, it does fit with my personality. Because I am somewhat friendly to people whom I don't know :)

My name means divine (First name) and Bitter sea (My other name, if you don't get it it is *insert first name* *NAME GOES HERE* *Middle initial* *Family name*). The bitter sea is not really described as divine. Very weird.

It name wasn't on that site and I can't be bothered to look it up on any other site lol so I'll make up a meaning.

Alice.

Meaning: Musician.

Mine means 'grace' or 'god's favour'. I'm clumsy and I'm certainly not God's favour. I much prefer my nickname Angel (it's a boys' name in Spain but oh well).

Ps. Lost Girl: Alice means 'princess' or 'nobility'. I have several friends called Alice.

Well the English meaning for my name means sheltered from the storm, but the Celtic meaning means healer, and the Chinese meaning means plum... Sheltered from the storm really doesn't work, healer... pfft, no, and I'm not a piece of fruit, so no, my name does not fit my personality or description.

My name wasn't on the list, so my middle name means: Crowned with Laurel.

Okay, what does that mean?

*is confused* *is too lazy to google it*

Irish Origin.

One source says it means Irish Beauty. - Why thankyou. Though I am English lol.

One source says it means aggressive - haa......

My name means clear; bright; famous

I hope to be famous :huh:

And apparently it's Latin. I thought it was French.

It's derived from the Greek word, crystallos meaning clear, or pure.

Boringg.

But the K does make it look kinda pretty. xDD Krystal. :3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back