Book recommendations

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Vanished Smile: The Dissapearance of the Mona Lisa.

It's a good book, revolving around the time the Mona Lisa was stolen.

The Declaration - Gemma Malley (The Resistance is the sequel, but I haven't read it yet.)

The Book of Dead Days - Marcus Sedgwick (Dark Flight Down is the sequel and both are great.)

The Dark Horse - Marcus Sedgwick

Home - Nicola Davies

Giraffagotchi

Howl's Moving Castle by Dianna Wynne Jones.

It's pretty much the book that Miyazaki's movie was based off of.

It's not a deep deep story, but a nice book to read on a rainy Sunday afternoon.

My sister's keeper (YYYYY)

The Time traveller's Wife

Lovely Bones

I recommend The House of Night series. The first book is called Marked. It's a real page turner, and actually kind of scary in some spots. Great, great read. ^^

My sister's keeper. Ive only read two chapters, and it's already amazing.

- Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling

- The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

- Kira-Kira by Cynthia Kadohata

- Percy Jackson and the Olympians series by Rick Riordan

- Warrior Cats series by Erin Hunter

Those above are my favorite books. They're mainly in a sci-fi/fantasy genre, but I think that they're absolutely amazing. :)

I recommend

The Declaration and The Resistance. I have read both and they are AWESOME!

The House of Night Series. Also AMAZING! You won't want to wait for the next one.

I recommend The House of Night series. The first book is called Marked. It's a real page turner, and actually kind of scary in some spots. Great, great read. ^^
My friend Brenda is obessed with that series

@Anime Girl- I love the Uglies series! I still havent read the last book though. I have to re-read the series

You should read The Shadow Thieves by Anne Ursu

It's about our regular earth, except greek myths are real. It's full of wit and is extremely funny.

Excerpt:

See that girl, the one with the bright red hair, overstuffed backpack, and aura of grumpiness? That's Charlotte Mielswetzski. And something extra-ordinary is about to happen to her.

Oh, it's not the very cute kitten that appears out of nowhere and demands to go home with her. It's not the sudden arrival of her cousin Zee, who believes he's the cause of a mysterious sickness that has struck his friends back in England. It's not her creepy English teacher Mr. Metos, who takes his mythology lessons just a little too seriously. And it's not the white-faced, yellow-eyed men in tuxedoes, who follow Charlotte everywhere.

What's so extraordinary is not any one of these things....It's all of them. And when Charlotte's friends start to get sick one by one, Charlotte and Zee set out to find a cure. Their quest leads them to a not-so-mythical Underworld, where they face rhyme-loving Harpies, gods with personnel problems, and ghosts with a thirst for blood.

Charlotte and Zee learn that in a world overrun by Nightmares, Pain, and Death, the really dangerous character is a guy named Phil. And then they discover that the fate of every person -- living and dead -- is in their young hands.

In her dazzling debut for young readers, Anne Ursu weaves a tale of myth and adventure, danger and magic that will keep readers engrossed until the very last secret is revealed.

I'm in middle of reading the second book, the Siren Song. It's even better than the first one.

I'll always love A Catcher In The Rye by J.D Salinger.

I'm reading War Of The Worlds by H.G Wells at the moment which is quite good as well.

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins.

I just read it and it was great!

@Anime Girl- I love the Uglies series! I still havent read the last book though. I have to re-read the series
You should read The Shadow Thieves by Anne Ursu

It's about our regular earth, except greek myths are real. It's full of wit and is extremely funny.

Excerpt:

See that girl, the one with the bright red hair, overstuffed backpack, and aura of grumpiness? That's Charlotte Mielswetzski. And something extra-ordinary is about to happen to her.

Oh, it's not the very cute kitten that appears out of nowhere and demands to go home with her. It's not the sudden arrival of her cousin Zee, who believes he's the cause of a mysterious sickness that has struck his friends back in England. It's not her creepy English teacher Mr. Metos, who takes his mythology lessons just a little too seriously. And it's not the white-faced, yellow-eyed men in tuxedoes, who follow Charlotte everywhere.

What's so extraordinary is not any one of these things....It's all of them. And when Charlotte's friends start to get sick one by one, Charlotte and Zee set out to find a cure. Their quest leads them to a not-so-mythical Underworld, where they face rhyme-loving Harpies, gods with personnel problems, and ghosts with a thirst for blood.

Charlotte and Zee learn that in a world overrun by Nightmares, Pain, and Death, the really dangerous character is a guy named Phil. And then they discover that the fate of every person -- living and dead -- is in their young hands.

In her dazzling debut for young readers, Anne Ursu weaves a tale of myth and adventure, danger and magic that will keep readers engrossed until the very last secret is revealed.

I'm in middle of reading the second book, the Siren Song. It's even better than the first one.
I'm in middle of reading the last book of the Uglies series, Extras. Tally seems more... creepy from a different point of view.

I just finished The Siren Song and I'm waiting for my friend to buy the third one.

Evermore by Alyson Noel (the "e" has a funky upside down colon thingey over it)

its in the immortals series. LOVE IT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back