approving

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

midjet

Reaction score
^_^

do your parents or relatives and/or school approve of tamagotchis/think they're quite interesting/or do they think they're rubbish plastic/toys?

discuss....

my parents never had a problem with my playing with tamas, not even back in the P1 times (now I am 25, so that would be a little strange of them to say I can't play with them :D ). I remember my dad actually trying to take care for it every now and than :D they didn't punish me for taking it to school either - they knew I won't play with them during classes, or if I do, and the teacher takes it away, that's my problem, and I deserved it. I knew it too, so I never had school issues with tamas (although some of my classmates did have tamas taken away for playing during classes) my school never had a serious problem with it either (there was no official "tama-banning" or something like that, but I guess tamagotchis never made a career in my country big enough for such things to be needed).

I cannot really talk about these days, for I am already an university student (and I basically know noone besides myself who is still into them), but as tamas are no longer available in our country, I doubt they would be a big problem at schools.

My mom doesn't have a problem and I sneak it into school and my mom knows that. My dad says I'm too old for them but who cares what he thinks! I'm 14 btw

even if i give my mom the money she wont buy me them off the internet anymore she says they are a waist of time and they are not they are collectibles and they teach you responsibility

Last edited by a moderator:
:puroperatchi:

my parents don't care and don't like tamagotchis.

they say its cheap plastic.

they also say virtual pets arent real pets so whats the point in...

and the school says no.

we used to but people had tantrums when they died so they banned them.

I remember in elementary school everyone had tamagotchi's and all the kids said we would never complain if they got lost. But one kid broke that rule and tamagotchi's where banned. cause the teachers think we'll complain and dont want to be blamed for taking them away.

I remember one kid in our class was playing in the middle of math. my teacher took it away and the kid told there parents and the parents yelled at the teacher so the teacher wanting to save her own butt and banned them for everyone.

My school never allowed them. They considered them like a video game but when we moved I brought mine to school with me and just kept it sleeping. The teacher never said anything to me because the volume was off and I played with it out in the hallway when we were supposed to be working on projects. I was the only one that had one then. My mom, sister, aunt, and grandma had LOADS of them when they were popular. And my mom still buys me tamagotchi things, she thinks they're cute and likes seeing what they turn into. She even baby sits for me while I take a shower. XP

My parents are pretty ok with my tamas!! My mom will let me buy the newest ones if I pay for it and my dad is always willing to help me get one from ebay!! As for school there not banned but they will get taken away if played with during class. A few of my friends play with there tamas during reacess and lunce and once my friend forgot his tama in his pocked (it was a v5) and in the middle of social studys class it called for bondage but since it only happened once the teacher didn't take his tama!! He didn't even get in trobble!! All the teacher said is to turn it off (he only turned off the sound)!!! So yea

My parents are cool about me playing with Tama's. My school...Not so much. They are really strict about having electronic stuff in school. Even Cell phones. :ichigotchi:

Last edited by a moderator:
My parents don't mind them. They think I'm crazy to buy so many and actually never play them xD

Actually, when I was at primary they used to look after them for me. My primary school ended up banning them because they were beeping in class.

& to add to this, my dad calls them 'Tamastupids'

My school doesn't care. A few teachers watch over our lunch rooms (we have two, I like to use the smaller one) and I brought my two to school and was playing with them at lunch, and my math teacher comes over and says to me "Are those Tamagotchis? I love those!" So I showed them to her and she turned out to be pretty good at heading o_O (the game on the v3)

My parent's really couldn't care less. I always have "some silly obsession." Like for almost seven months I was way into DragCave, and then assorted other things. I got my first two for free secondhand, and the third was bought with a gift card my Grandma gave me.

My parents approve of Tamagotchis, overall. My Dad thinks I'm a little crazy for still liking them at age 15, but I just tell him that there are people who are way older than me who still have them. My mom thinks that all the characters are adorable, and approves of my Tama addiction :p

My school...not so much. A high school for the performing arts with a reputation for VERY good students does NOT tolerate "kids' toys." My math teacher caught me and my friends with Tamas in class once. He just let us off with a warning, but told us, "don't you think you should have outgrown that by now? Honestly." I think the teachers will hate my Tamas even more now that I'm going into Grade 11...hehe.

B) well to be truthful with u........ my parents don't mind them much, once my mum attempted to look after my ver4 [when is was working] and she didn't mind it much, same with my dad except he hasn't looked after any yet lolz.

As for my school they don't allow anything like tamas or even cell phones so they are pretty much banned at my school, i do sneak them in to school ocassionally when i need something to do but thats about it.

so yeah my family doesn't really have a problem with them and im all happy about that im onli 13 years old so i don't think im too old 4 them yet lolz.

[SIZE=21pt] Memetchi7[/SIZE] :angry: :( :( :) :) :)

My parents don't hate them but don't love them but I think my mum likes them more than my dad cause she had one when she was younger and she bought me the very first one. My school lets people take tamas to school but they don't let any other type of electronics.Also I don't think my school will ever ban tamas cause when I was in year 3 almost every one had tamas in year4 less ppl in year 5 1 or 2 in the whole school and I'm not in year 6 yet but y'know but anyway I think I'm the only person in my whole school to take in tamas.

My mom just has a problem with the beeping, so I keep the sound off.

i live in ksa and im arabian so no body here knows what is a tamagotchi which is really really annoying. my mom is okay but my dad doesn't see it (i hide it from him) but in school they're very strict.

My parents don't have a problem with me playing with Tamagotchis. In fact, They're the ones who buy me them. 8D

my mum and dad let me have them. My mom won't take care of them. I told her to bring them in on a winter day, she didn't! well, the V5 tama was okay, but it had frost on it. My school doesn't allow them but they allow cell phones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back