Why do the keyboard/typewriter isn't in.....

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pockey45ca

Reaction score
Why do the keyboard/typewriter isn't in alphabetical order?

RawryCakes.x - This is not school work from homework. I am asking others people for opinions only.

Qwerty was supposedly invented for typewriters, to make sure there were less typebar clashes for typists.

Well there's this other keyboard out there, I forget what it's called, but it's in somewhat alphabetical order.

QWERTY was made to slow down typists who were typing too fast.

I actually think I like it better this way. Alphabetical order would make it really weird... for my anyway. I guess I'm just accustomed to touch typing now it doesn't even matter where the letters are.

I think it's pretty good that's it's not in any particular order.

If it was in alphabetical order, it would be too complicated. In my opinion. :)

It's kinda easy. This is what my Computer Tech teacher told us.

A, S, D, F, G, H, J, K, and L are some of the most commonly used letters in the alphabet. So, they were placed in the position that's easiest to reach, or home row as they call it. Then the second most used letters are on the top row. And then finally, the letters we barely used are at the bottom.

Sure, they've tried other ways to order it. But it's been the same way since the first keyboard and most people find it hard to adjust to something different.

Hope I helped.

The better question is..
Why isn't the alphabet made like a keyboard?.
Because the alphabet came first.

Last edited by a moderator:
The better question is..
Why isn't the alphabet made like a keyboard?.

ooo that's deep.
Because keyboards were invented long, long after the alphabet was.

I love QWERTY keyboards.

Fact: The longest word you can type using just one row of the keyboard is 'typewriter'. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back