have you had braces?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Never had them. But I've been told I needed them.

Now I think I don't. Because my teeth are straightening out and everything's good.

But when I was about eight, my teeth were terrible. Absolutely horendous. D:

I still have them and i got them tightend today so my mouth hurt :( :( :( :eek: :angry: :angry: :angry: :( ;)

Nope, but I think Im going to.. :angry: I want purple ones!!!! : D

No braces for me.

I have relatively straight teeth. I've actually never been to an orthodontist. Last year, my regular dentist was just like, "You don't really need braces, but do you want them?"

And I was like, "NO." xD

Nope i need them tho because i had my pacifier in my mouth for to long when i was a baby i threw it away buy the time i was 9 *shot* now every time i look intothe mirror i see...yes. timmy turners sister ._. Please dont look st me in real life! im not pretty! xD

I'm through with braces. :mametchi: But I've still got to put up with retainers. I don't wear them as much as I should though. I had no problem wearing braces with the exception of the fact that I couldn't chew hard food, caramel or gum. I broke that rule occasionally but my dentist never seemed to have found out. Whenever my dentist tightened mine, they felt quite firm and uncomfortable but they didn't hurt. That feeling wore away after some time. Most of the kids in my class have them. One of them even had green ones! They looked absolutely frightful and I wish I could've just worn the invisalign ones. My teeth are making great improvements and my lower jaw is moving forwards (apparently my lower jaw was too far back or too short or something like that making my incisors stick out) and my dentist said I had a malocclusion or overbite. I guess my retainers will get off in December, just in time for the new year and I'll be free! :mametchi:

I got mine in the 7th grade and got them off last year in October. That was about three years. I'm really happy that I got them. My teeth were SO messed up.

After I got my braces removed, I got permanent retainers put in and I have to wear a clear pop in retainer on the top portion of my mouth at night.

I had them on for 1 1/2 years. I have estimated a year to go.

They are not bad. I got so used to them now. When it hurts, it doesn't really bother me. I'm used to it.

I don't,but I need them.My teeth are HORRIBLY crooked because I used to suck meh stuuupidd fingers when I was little.And,on top of that,I have 2 fillings,and a new one coming on Monday.On my turners tooth.ME HATE MAH TEEEETTTHH.

:'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''[

EDIT:400th post!!!Yay.

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually just had a big blow-up with my parents over braces last night.

My dad refused to get braces as a kid, and seriously regretted it as an adult. He finally got braces when he was thirty-seven years old, and they seriously messed up his teeth. They all shifted back after he got the braces off, and because of the shifting, he had to get a ton of root canals. He still has problems with his teeth, and he's forty-five now.

So obviously he thinks I should get braces sooner rather than later, and if I want them, I got them.

My mom... I really don't know what her problem was. She was convinced I was "making it all up" and that I never stop asking and I want braces just because everyone else has them. Um, excuse me? Getting braces would be like, a nightmare for me, thankyouverymuch. And I do not make things up.

This got my parents into a screaming match, and then they started yelling about why they even got married in the first place. All over me asking a few questions about crooked teeth and braces. Not asking FOR them, asking ABOUT them. My goodness. :I

My teeth aren't that bad. There are two that are symmetrical in the front of my mouth, and a bit pointy, but that's absolutely it. My dad said though that he wants me to be 100% confident with my teeth so I don't change my mind when I'm older like him.

I have Invisalign. :3

They're see-through braces you can take in and out to eat food. I love them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back