Listening to music in class.

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tamawho!!??

Reaction score
My two friends Steph and Jasmine was arguing with our teacher about weather students should be allowed to listen to music while we are working.

Steph says she thinks we should because its better then them talking to each other.

Teach says we shouldnt because we might miss somthing important.

Jas says It can be supervised and it helps most people think better.

I personaly can think better when listening to music. I listen to it while im doing homework and it helps. I dunno how..But it does.

So whats your opinion on it?

I can't listen to music when I'm working. Like, I totally zone out.. and I don't focus very well. But I know some people who work better with it. And my friend always listens to Coldplay when she's reading.. so I guess it just depends on the person.

If it helps their work habits then I think they should be able to. But if you're just doing it to listen to music and it takes away your concentration then that's your choice to work poorly.

So I think it should be optional.. but choose wisely. 8D

No I don't think so. It distracts, and they won't be able to hear farther instructions from the teacher.

But sometimes, my teacher puts her MP3 in a radio thing so everyone in the class can listen to music, but it distracts us all, and we don't get any work done.

So I don't think we should be able to listen to music in class.

Not while the teachers talking. I think that if you would like to listentomusic while working, bring headphonesso those who cant work with music won't be distracted.

I think for a test I had a reading passage about this topic. (I had to answer questions and stuff about it)

I think it's okay, but some music might get annoying. I think music is only okay when we work on things by ourselves. When the teacher is teaching, no music xD

Of course, there is always going to be people blasting music and then mp3s might get stolen.

It would be nice to have music, but I think it's very unlikely to happen

I think there should be a choice to listen to it, as long as it's made clear that you must wear headphones and ask the teacher first.

Sometimes in Art class, if we get permission to, we're allowed to listen to our music.

You're not mean't to, ever in class at my school but I do anyway.

Music helps me concentrate.

Others it may do oppisite.

I'm divided because people distracted by it would suffer because I'm sure they'd listen to it for the hell of it.

We were allowed to last year and I loved it.

This year we're not. My teacher's just silly and doesn't understand us.

But yeah, last year we took the earphones out when the teacher was talking.

I think it should be optional. Learning would be so fun.

Because I need my dose of Short Stack while I learn.

My earphones are like permanently attached to my head.

I pause my music while the teacher or someone else is talking to me, but I have it playing while I'm doing work because it helps.

I think it depends on the person really. Some people can work better with music but others cant.

no when the teacher is discussing

but yes when the class is dismissed and other free time.

C'mon everybody loves music. xD

Don't ever say NO.

I had a credit card radio stuck in with my credit card calculators (needed 2 for accounting classes in high school)

I used to listen to the radio in study hall. ;o)

In class, no way! Just study hall.

I remember our music teacher saying music helps you think better.

So in that theory yes.

[Just wants to listen to theme of love during class]

When I'm doing schoolwork, it helps me concentrate and block out everyone else in my class.

I'd like to have music. But it would distract me.

And it would be hard to get attention when needed. Or if the teacher wanted are attention for any reason whilst we are working. School is school, not a club, we're there to learn. Whether we find it easy or enjoy it is not part of the deal. xD

I do it anyway though, if I am making sense at all? xD

Edit// It was late, I spelt lots of things wrong. Lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think so. Unless it was Art Class, but I don't have that anymore.

However, if there is no class going on, and no work, then I guess it could be allowed (but I prefer drawing/talking to other people/playing paper games, haha)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back