How do people mistake your name?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

-Tamacandy

Reaction score
How do people mistake your name? So first of all, how do you spell and pronounce it? How do others sometimes spell it and pronounce it?

My name's: Keeley.

Pronounced: Key-li

Others sometimes spell it: Keyleigh, Kealy, Keely, Keelie, Keeleigh, Ceeley, Keeli, Keyli, Keyley, Keayley etc. To be honest, I could go on forever. So many ways of spelling it.

Others sometimes pronounce it: Kelly & Kayleigh.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well the only thing that rhymes with my name is pistol. XDD Mine never gets mistaking. Except they always think it's spelled with a C. xP

My brother's name is Dustin and EVERYONE always calls him Justin and he hates it. xDDD

My name is Katherine, but I go by Katie.

No one ever messes up my first name, because it's pretty common. But people ALWAYS get my last name wrong. It isn't even that difficult of a last name pronunciation wise - it's said just like it's spelled.

Most people pronounce my name wee-wee which is seriously annoying.

And spelling: way-way.

It's annoying xD

My name: Kaythina

Pronounced: Kuh-thiy-naw

Others sometimes spell it: Kathina, Kaytina, Katina, Kuthana, Kattyna, Kaithyna.

Others sometimes pronounce it: Kay-thee-nah, Kiy-thay-nee, Kay-thiy-nu, Kaw-thay-nao, and the weirdest one of them all: Kew-thong-nu. xDD

So as you can see, everyone on here has actually been pronouncing it wrong. xD

Tess- haha, it's almost impossible.

but sometimes people forget and call me Tessa. (Tessa isn't my full name... but I don't really care)

It's kinda hard to get my first name wrong. But my friend Kenneth thought I was Eva for like a month. And Paul, our stage manager in eight grade kept calling me Divya (pronounced Divia) so that's what Joe always calls me.

It's more my last name that gets screwy. Those of you who know it can probably understand that. xD

people think my name's laura but it's lauren. i'm not a really good speaker so.

Ohyes and my last name? It's italian and really confusing. xPPP

I dispise it. xD Well, someday I'll get married and have different last name. :)

^ is it Krystal Ball?

my last name is wierd-ish. It sounds french but I'm not French at all. It's not really the pronunciation but more the spelling that's confusing..

^ No, but that would be epic! Krystal Ball~ I'mma Krystal Ball!

My last name confuses people period. Spelling, and pronunciation. xPP

I'm Esther.

I've had it written Esta and Estar before, and the foreign lady taking my order at the pool wrote down "Estayar." No idea how she managed that one. xD

People sometimes pronounce the 'th' part as an actual 'f' sound. Es-ther. But it's a sharp T sound. Like Esta. That's how you pronounce it. Ess-ta.

And my last name often gets spelt like the word which it sounds like. A word which is very suited to my personality. xD Those of you who know it will understand.

Nope, Elizabeth is a bit to common to screw up ;p People often mess up my last name though, I don't get how they can, it's only one syllable xP

edit: typo o:

Last edited by a moderator:
My name? Ksenia.

Pronounced? Ka-sen-ya. (Welll, the real way is too hard to pronounce).

Kesnia.

Kesna.

Keseenya.

Kayna.

Cassandra.

Kasnya.

Kaseyna.

Keesena.

The list basically goes on and on.

And my last name is almost impossible to pronounce.

My name: KaythinaPronounced: Kuh-thiy-naw

Others sometimes spell it: Kathina, Kaytina, Katina, Kuthana, Kattyna, Kaithyna.

Others sometimes pronounce it: Kay-thee-nah, Kiy-thay-nee, Kay-thiy-nu, Kaw-thay-nao, and the weirdest one of them all: Kew-thong-nu. xDD

So as you can see, everyone on here has actually been pronouncing it wrong. xD
._. I say Kay-thee-nah

Krystal, your last name is Kenobi though D:

Anyway, Beth isn't htat hard to say...no one confuses it. But sometimes p[eople say Bethany which really gets on my nerves. The only people who are allowed to call me Bethany are my Gran and my teachers. Ortherwise I flip.

But my last name.....Everyone spells it wrong! I love it though, it's simple but unique. Only about 10 people in the USA have it :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back