Moving away

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mametchi215

Reaction score
*sigh* I moved away about 2 months ago and my life collapsed I didnt know how to go on.......... :..(

Last edited by a moderator:
.. I'm sorry to hear that :(

Still keep in touch with your old friends! If it's really bad you could see a therapist. remember to be positive also.

I hope it works well :]

Aaaaw,I feel so sorry for you.

Same thing happened to me. I left when I was in,lets say 3rd grade and I never so my old friends again :blink: but it didn't really matter to me,because I was so young. But I seriously cannot imagine beign without my bestest friends now. Do not do what I did,I forgot to keep in touch. Don't do it my way,keep in touch,and it SHOULD be alright. Making new friends is tough,hard and you will notice everyone else has made friends. But try and make an effort too. Talk to people,if they fell out with there only friends,or if they've friends making problems,and you talk to them,it should go alright.

I can't really say I've had this experience, despite the fact I've moved around a lot. I guess the only time I had it was when I was about 4 or 5, and I moved in with my grandma. I had to change schools and make new friends, but I was too young to understand it properly. By the time I'd finished year 1 at that school, I was moving back to my parents, and I missed all my friends at that school, but I looked forward to seeing my friends I'd made in nursery and reception.

There was another time, when me and mum moved away, but I was still going to same school. I had to leave in year 5 to go to a local middle school, so I miss my friends from that school a lot, but I made new friends and now I'm in high school, and all the people from year 1 go there, and my friends from middle school go there, so I'm only missing my friends from my primary school.

In shorter terms, it's hard, but friends, schools, jobs, relationships, etc. aren't always going to last, so you'll lose friends and gain friends along the way. Don't let it upset you, just try your best to keep in touch with your old friends, but try to make new friends as well. I don't fully understand what the problem you're having is, but if it's something like you feel guilty for making new friends, in case your old friends feel replaced, you shouldn't; they'll miss you, but they'll probably expect you to move on.

I hope you get your life back on track soon.

That would suck for you ):

I had the same situation when I was in grade 7. I moved... approximately 700km north. I started school there half way through the last year of primary school. I thought making new friends was going to take a huge effort since it wouldn't be too long before everyone there went to high school, but I was wrong. It wasn't hard to make friends - most people were really nice and didn't mind a new friend. And now, 3 or 4 years later, I cannot imagine my life without my friends here. They're the world to me. Of course, I still keep in touch with a few of my old friends every now and then :)

As the others have pointed out, don't focus on all the negatives. Here you have an opportunity to start something new and meet new people and make friends. They won't be the same as your old friends, but it doesn't mean the people where you are now aren't nice people. Just because you think they aren't as good as your old friends, doesn't mean you shouldn't make friends with them. If you tried to make new friends, you'd be surprised how much better you'd feel. Of course you can still talk to your old friends through email, msn or letters. Even a visit every now and then, depending on how far you've moved. You wouldn't be abandoning your old friends - just making new ones.

Keep your head up & be positive. Good luck with everything :)

Aww. -Hugs-

I'm sorry to hear that.

I guess this is down to missing old friends or not making new ones? Or missing family. If it's missing family, send them lots of letters and call them. Hopefully, you'll be able to arrange visits.

Missing friends? Well, actually, pretty much the same would be a good idea. If there's more to it then that then joining a club would be good. Brownies, Scouts, Dance, Instrument, Sport etc. There's loads out there. That way you'll have something to take your mind off things whilst making new friends.

If you are being bullied, as obvious, don't suffer in silence! Make sure you tell someone, parents, teacher, auntie, uncle, grandparents, cousin, siblings, friends! Anyone. I know it may seem hard, but it's something that will help things.

If you miss you old home, like I said, joining a club will help take that off your mind. Ask your parents/teachers what clubs are available in your area.

If there is anything more serious, make sure you tell your parents. If you want to keep yourself to yourself, that's your choice, but something that is upsetting you I'm sure your parents can help you with.

Also, there are many child helplines which are in this topic: BANNED TOPICS & POSTS. Of course this isn't a banned topic, but there is some useful information in there which I think might be some help for you if this is a serious problem.

If you think you are depressed or anything, once again tell your parents. I'm sure they will understand and they can take you to your doctor.

Sorry if I over-reacted anything. I just wanted to give you as many options as possible to help you with your problem. As you didn't give much information on it, I decided it's best just to write everything possible.

Moreover, if you ever need a friend to chat to or just to talk randomly to, I'm always here. Just a PM away! x3

I'm sorry to hear that you are unhappy, but you're not elaborating on your situation enough. Exactly what is it about your new home that is bothering you?

I moved from South Africa to England a few years ago - probably around your age.

It felt like everything was going to be different - but now, I'm kind of glad I did move, or else I would have never met the people I know now. x3

Everything will heal over time, and hopefully you'll be able to look back on your move and laugh. :]

Keeley's post was very helpful, too. :]

and my roomate is such an idiot

and he eats the food that i buy....... :mimitchi: :mimitchi:

As other have said, just try to keep in contact with your old friends. These days it is a lot easier (but not as simple as it sounds) to keep in contact with people through the use of the internet.

And yeah, try and get out there and meet some new people.

What else is it about your new home that you are finding difficult? :hitodetchi:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back