Ways to make...

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Colortchi

Reaction score
My mom promised me she would get me an iPod Touch for Christmas. But, I don't want to wait 3 months. They said if I want to get it earlier, I would need to make some money by working for them or some other way. But I need ideas because they say I probably wouldn't wash a car right and that they can't think of anything that I might be able to do.

Household chores? Washing dishes, dusting, things like that? Maybe try the cooking a couple of days a week (unless you're like me and you're not trusted to know how to use cooking appliances).

If you're old enough, you could get a part-time job and earn some money that way.

I've just Google'd it, and here are some common ideas:

Household chores

A garage sale (make sure you have permission to do it. You don't want to have to chase up the people who bought them and give money back) EDIT: Make sure you get a permit or whatever permission you need from your city. :)

Sell on eBay

Have a bake sale

Sell homegrown fruits and vegetables

Do gardening services

Get a paper route

Dog walk and pet sit

Babysit

Take Online Surveys

Earn money from your hobbies (eg, selling your own photography/paintings)

Yeah, those are the only reasonable ways I can find :blink:

Good luck :)

Last edited by a moderator:
^^ Well actually, if you have a garage sale, you'd have to get a permit from your city. (Or at least you do where I live.) :blink:

^^ Hmm I didn't know about that. They don't have them here. Thanks for telling me. I'll go edit my other post then. :)

Well, like I said, I don't know what the law is for where Colortchi lives, but anyone who has a garage sale where I live has to a permit from the city first. :p

^ I've never heard of anything like that in my life. Where do you live?

BACK ON TOPIC:

You could also try doing other people's housework/chores. Like charge them so and so amount of money for x amount of chores done in their home?

Do not do paper route. It pays horribly and is extremely tiring. Well, you could try to collect cans and stuff, and bring them to the recycly place.

Right now my class is selling chocolate bars to raise money for our trip. You could sell fundraising things, make a lemonade stand with a friend, or something like that.

Doing extra chores for money and all would be a good idea too.

My Mum actually says that kids shouldn't get money for household chores.

But then again, that's my Mum, not yours..

I'd try a lemonade stand if I were you. Google a quick and easy lemonade recipe and maybe go out to town with some friends selling some cheap lemonade. My friends and I were thinking of doing that, but it never really worked out. And maybe go out and do a paper route with some friends. Doing it alone would probably be somewhat boring.

And now I'm sorta out of ideas. D':

I come across this question all too often. I have a tentative trip to Japan scheduled for about two and a half years from now, but I need about $3,500. So needless to say, I need to work my butt off at a part time job for that kind of money. XD

You're probably not old enough for a part time job yet, but either way, there are various ways to pick up some extra cash.

You could do chores for your parents, but in my opinion, that's about as good as them just handing you the money. I would however discuss this with my parents and see where they stand on it.

Babysitting is one of the most popular and efficient ways to make money as a pre-teen and teen. You may be a little young to babysit, but this is another option you could discuss with your parents. I know the Red Cross offers babysitters training courses, and that has helped me with landing babysitting jobs a lot (It calms the parents down because you're certified and know what you're doing, lol). This is definitely one to look into. ;]

You could also go around your neighborhood and offer to mow lawns. And since the weather is changing to fall (at least in my hemisphere), you could offer to rake leaves, and later this winter shovel snow. Elderly folks are especially appreciate of this and will most likely reward you with a couple of bucks. ;]

If you can play an instrument and / or sing, you could look into doing some local gigs... not a bad idea. Gets your name out there, let's you pick up some bucks, and most musicians enjoy their work (If you're not a musician, than this probably isn't a great idea. Just throwing it out there, haha).

Getting your friends involved is a good idea, especially if they're into making some extra money as well. Think bake sales, lemonade stands, etc.

There are plenty of ways to earn some money. You just have to be creative and have fun with it. ;]

@ Ripcurl - I've never heard of a permit for having a garage sale before. o:

Since you don't seem quite old enough to babysit, you could try a mother's helper job. I babysit now, but I did mother's helper when I was around your age. A mother's helper is someone who come to the house to watch and play with the kids when the mother(or any parent really) is home and is busy with work or something else like that. That way, in case there is an emergency, the mom is home to help you. Trust me, it is a great way to earn money if you're younger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back