Musical Films

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Penguins.

Reaction score
Haa. I just wanted a general opinion on these.

Like--do you like them? Do you not?

Do you have favorites? Least favorites?

What about remakes of musicals that were made a while back?

--I love musicals. It's like the cheaper way for me to get accquainted with a show without spending 40 dollars to see it. Rent--for example, which my mommy would never let me see. I saw the movie version--and untill then.

--My favorites:

Rent and Moulin Rouge at the moment. And My Fair Lady. And Footloose.

Though Moulin Rouge was never a stage show. (awwh.)

--And I brought up the last question because I heard they're remaking Footloose and My Fair Lady next year. I hate that they're doing that.

I know the question is a bit random--but it agitated me.

Anywhom.

Musical films are a yes.

Remakes of any kind are a no. The original is always best. Always.

Rent was fantastic. And I know that's not the only one I've seen, but it stood out the most.

And then there's Repo. But I wouldn't count that as a musical. Something much better than a musical.

My favorite musical films:

Music from the heart - Sad movie

Mr.Holland opus

August rush movie

Another Cinderella Story

Mamma Mia!

Annie (1982)

Dirty Dancing

Grease (1978)

Ray (2004) - this is the best musical movie ever in my life.

Those list is all my favorite musical films

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not a big fan of Musical films, and I haven't seen a lot of them. I think the only musical film I saw that I remember is West Side Story. I probably have seen more but I don't remember them. But I had to take a shower during West Side Story so I didn't get to see it all D:

I did forgot to add one more from my list:

The Sound of Music (1965) is very good movie too. It make me think after the movie.

Last edited by a moderator:
The only musical film I really like is "Mamma Mia!"

The rest are kinda...Blah.

I'm sure the original theatrical plays were amazing.

But seeing them remade for the movies is just awful in my opinion.

Hairspray for example... Ugh...I had a hard time enjoying that.

Rent was Ok, and the characters were adorable. But I didn't find myself loving the music all that much.

The storyline didn't really blow me away either.

And omigosh Rent...< . > The dancing was amazing and so was the music. But the storyline was rather bland and WAY to predictable. *Groan*

The only musicals I've ever really liked are Footloose and Little Shop Of Horrors. xD

But I'm hoping that the American Idiot Musical will be filmed and put on DVD, I doubt it would be redone as a musial-movie.

Most of the musical films I've seen I've been lucky with. As long as they're well done, I really enjoy them, and it means I can see musicals which otherwise would only be accessible if I spent a load of cash to go to the West End.

Though, it would be worth it to satisfy my want to see Wicked..

The latest Hairspray remake; I loved that.

In fact I was just singing a song from it and realised how great it sounds in the kitchen xD

Grease; What can I say? It's my favourite musical, and film. Perhaps better than a stage show. Tne best version, in my opinion.

What a shame about Grease 2.. xDD

Mamma Mia; Just an awesome movie-musical. I love this one.

Chicago; Was alright, I suppose. Better on stage, I reckon.

So, yeah, I like 'em :)

oh lord..... Musicals/movies that I love:

My Fair Lady-- REMAKE IT??? NO! Audrey Hepburn IS Eliza.

Mamma Mia (A million times better on Broadway. I actually met a couple of the actors and actresses!!)

Phantom of the Opera (Also, it's better on Broadway. Although I love Gerard Butler.)

Grease-- DUH!!!! But NOT Grease 2. Grease 2 made me feel like murdering my TV.

The Wizard of Oz-- I LOVE this movie, and I was Dorothy in my community theatre's production.

Across the Universe-- The Beatles. Need I say more?

West Side Story-- The movie is great. So is the Broadway version.

(I know it's not a movie, but....) WICKED-- My all time favorite musical ever!!!! I saw it when it was on tour.

---I haven't really seen a musical movie I haven't liked... except Grease 2. Waste of my time, let me tell you.

I like musical films :wacko:

^ It's just a musical, but I figure skated to wicked one year.

I was supposed to see Rent with my class but we had to cancel because it was inappropriate or something..?

I like Grease, Wizard Of Oz, West Side Story, and Phantom of the Opera.

^ I LOVE Donny Osmond in that show!

My school did Joseph years ago, but I didn't see it, sadly.

Latest posts

Back