"ROKOBO" TAKARA

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I'm considering buying one of these I'm just wondering if any of you have one yet?

is it fun and worth getting? Is it hard to operate or understand? I'm hoping it will come with english instructions but I'm not so sure.

Ebay Rokobo

this is the ebay ad

Okay, these are REALLY cute ^.^

They DO come with english instructions!! Also, replacement batts for when the first ones run out (two of the standard tamagotchi batteries, LR44)

There is only one button (a heart on the top of their head), which was confusing at first- then I read the instructions and it's all about pushing the button in different sequences. For example: to get it to sing a song you press the button once, wait a second and then press it twice. There is no backlight. Comes in six colours. It's little ears flap, and it's body moves back and forth. He has a sound and motion sensor aswell. clapping enables different functions. Makes a standard beeping sound in different notes.

The main functions of this pet which I have discovered so far include:

-patting/ petting- clap or click once to pet the puppy. It will laugh or show you its mood

-feeding- it tells you when it's hungry and what it wants, you just have to click it's button to confirm

-cleaning- happens almost immediately after you feed it. It shows a sad face, shows you the poop and you just have to click to clean it

-singing- it will sing a little song for you (one of 3) if you press his button once, wait, then press it twice

-fortune-telling- it will tell you your fortune in 3 categories. Love, Money and Work or Study. You press it's button once, wait, then press it one more time

-illness- the little thing can get sick too! Give it a injection by clicking its button

-chicken? lol- every now and then a little chicken comes along and "startles" the rokobo

-sleep- It gets sleepy if unattended for a while. Makes a sleepy face, if unclicked, goes to sleep. If you want to put it to bed before this happens, just hold down it's button.

It has 7 moods overall, and many different animations for cute little actions such as running around, sneezing or humming. If you repeat the same action 3 times or more, the puppy will get very upset with you. It also has an excited mode where it's eyes turn to hearts and it gives you kisses. very nice :)

Apparently there is a "secret" method that enables you to change the rokobo into another type of animal? I haven't tried that yet, there is a link to it.

Personally, I'm impressed. I think this concept was executed well. The pet is very responsive, there is little delay to following commands. The beeping isn't ear piercing, though can get a little annoying when you're busy, but you can always put him to bed. There are no status bars for rokobo, which i am in 2 minds about, but other than that it is great :) 4 out of 5 stars I think. Everyone in my family now wants one, including my dad and my boyfriend, LOL :mellow:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back