School Rules

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomato-kun

Reaction score
Have you ever had dumb school rules in elementry school, middle school, or high school? I DO. Heres what the rules are in my school.

School Cancellation/Closure

When School is cancelled or trasportation delayed before the morning bus runs begin, notice will be givin by public radio before 7:00 Am If school has to be cancelled after bus runs have started and/or school is already in sesion, a public annoucement will be made using the radio station, cable TV channel 10 and the website *Deleted*

Ok heres whats dumb about this rule/thing:

NO BODY LISTENS TO THE RADIO.

I CANT GET A HOLD OF MY MOM SINCE I DONT HAVE A CELL!

HOW CAN THE BUS TURN AROUND ON THE HIGHWAY?! ITS A SPLITED HIGHWAY! O_O'''

So yeah, Have any stupid school rules or things you would like to share?

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Ya might wanna remove your school site so people dont stalk you :)

And they have the radio rule so that they dont have to like phone every single parent.

My school's stupidest rule is that you cant wear tank tops. Well, everyone but the grade 6/7s can.

No simpsons/family guy T-shirts.

Thats sooo stupid because people walk around with T-shirts with "earth on fire" "earth in a microwave" etc....

Have you ever had dumb school rules in elementry school, middle school, or high school? I DO. Heres what the rules are in my school.
School Cancellation/Closure

When School is cancelled or trasportation delayed before the morning bus runs begin, notice will be givin by public radio before 7:00 Am If school has to be cancelled after bus runs have started and/or school is already in sesion, a public annoucement will be made using the radio station, cable TV channel 10 and the website *Deleted*

Ok heres whats dumb about this rule/thing:

NO BODY LISTENS TO THE RADIO.

I CANT GET A HOLD OF MY MOM SINCE I DONT HAVE A CELL!

HOW CAN THE BUS TURN AROUND ON THE HIGHWAY?! ITS A SPLITED HIGHWAY! O_O'''

So yeah, Have any stupid school rules or things you would like to share?
It's not really a rule as it is something more so towards regulation when bad weather arises. Schoolboard has people higher than it telling it certain things that have to be done when the need comes up so keep this in mind. That's why instead of listening to the radio or morning TV, I call the school myself when I can.

Stupidity averted ;)

What makes you say that's stupid? My school does the same thing. When bad weather is expected, the morning news show has a list of all the school closings/delays in the vicinity. I think it's useful.

We have really stupid school rules. One, like Weiwei's, is that we can't wear tanktops. You have to wear something over it if your going to wear one. Also, some other stupid rules are: no pda, (which fortunately, this year, my school doesn't care anything about that one. (It's more of a district rule.) Another one is we're not allowed to have laser pointers. (I know you can blind someone but still...) And a rule we had last year was get this, no rubberbands.

So yeah, so pretty stupid rules, some for good reasons though.

I think my school's pretty reasonable, actually - I mean, we have rules but no one enforces them xDD

Hm, we don't even have school buses that come and pick people up. But I personally find that quite amazing ~ Anyway, it's not really stupid. Majority of people most probably do listen to the radio every morning. I know I do, since it's kinda interesting knowing what else is going on in the world lately. :) If you don't listen to the radio, and you know these radio notifications exist, I suggest listening to the radio. :) There's absolutely nothing wrong with it, and as Nicki said, it can be extremely useful.

As for our school's rules---not much, really. We have to wear school uniform, but I believe every school with a uniform would expect the students to wear it, so I don't really mind. And of course everything else is basically common sense. But we do have lotssss of pretty useful websites blocked on our school computers (including TT D:) so that's a bit of a bummer.

We can only wear hats outdoors, but it must be a school hat.

We might get uniforms soon and lose our lockers due to budget cuts. [our jacked up district, thank you very much] .'___'.

Sometimes the AC Transit [the student/youth bus; we don't have a yellow schoolbus] never comes.

We wear uniforms :)

It's not stupid though. Every single school in Thailand uses uniforms xD.

And we use private school buses. I mean, they're just normal vans.

We're not allowed to do much in our school like decorating folders, eating in the classroom, wearing shoes in the classroom, and it can go on and on. Yeah, no shoes xD. We leave our shoes outside of the classroom. We have no lockers either. No cellphones, MP3's, or any kind of electronic. Hairstyles - No bangs, no slicing, no dying, and yeah. We had this foreign girl come in to our school with blonde hair and the school made her dye her hair black o_o It was sad for her xD. Braids only too.

Our school isn't really stupid though.

It's just really, really ridiculously strict. Hair, mostly.

We wear uniforms :)It's not stupid though. Every single school in Thailand uses uniforms xD.

And we use private school buses. I mean, they're just normal vans.

We're not allowed to do much in our school like decorating folders, eating in the classroom, wearing shoes in the classroom, and it can go on and on. Yeah, no shoes xD. We leave our shoes outside of the classroom. We have no lockers either. No cellphones, MP3's, or any kind of electronic. Hairstyles - No bangs, no slicing, no dying, and yeah. We had this foreign girl come in to our school with blonde hair and the school made her dye her hair black o_o It was sad for her xD. Braids only too.

Our school isn't really stupid though.

It's just really, really ridiculously strict. Hair, mostly.
o.0 If I were her, I would have been all "screw you! Not my fault I'm a blonde!" seriously.

We're not aloud to bring camera's to school, although MP3s are aloud. Stupid.

-Cough- Well I'm homeschooled. Here are the rules:

Don't talk to Krystal. Especially when she's doing math. She'll probably eat you if you do.

No playing on websites on the computer next to you.

No staring out your window wishing you were in Hyrule or The Shire. -shot-

That goes for my brother too. xD Even though this is his last year of school before college. ;-; I'm gonna miss him.

no gum. absolutely no gum.

otherwise, you get a referral.

oh, and hats. no hats allowed.

The one rule I don't get is "no hair color other than natural color."

It's not exactly enforced though. I've had two very visible bright pink streaks since school started and nobody's said a thing.

The one rule I don't get is "no hair color other than natural color."It's not exactly enforced though. I've had two very visible bright pink streaks since school started and nobody's said a thing.
If I had to guess their reasoning for no unnatural colors, I'd say they're probably trying to cut down on distractions. That's how a lot of jobs are too. It could also be "offensive"(I've never understood how a color can be offensive) to other people.

I don't remember many of the rules from my schools, mainly because I honestly didn't care about them, lol. If I got in trouble, I got in trouble and nothing changed.

One I got in trouble a LOT for were chains. All of my pants had chains. Some teachers cared, others didn't. The schools had set rules, but it really depended on if the teachers could be bothered to enforce them or not.

I still complain about this rule even though I've been at this school for a little over a year; cell phones are allowed, but iPods and MP3s aren't.

Wouldn't a cell phone be more distracting than an iPod?

I mean, no one listens to that rule, but it's still pretty ridiculous.

If we don't have school the news will usually have that thing that runs along the bottom of the screen say, "_____ County Schools CLOSED". Either that or they'll have a prerecorded message that calls at about 5:30 in the morning.

Oh, and my school will pretty much not be held responsible for anything.

I forget exactly what the rule was, but last year my friend's little purse/bag thing that she kept her gym stuff and books in got swiped, and when she went to the office to say it was lost, they told her it was her own fault for "laying it around" [right outside her stall in the bathroom], and that it wasn't their place to do anything about it.

Her iPod was in there, and she still hasn't got it back.

My school is just retarded.

The rules that make sense are few and far between.

So you can only have black hair at your school? Or is it because she had dyed her hair blonde when it was naturally black?

The boys at our school have to wear ties and blazers, yet the girls only have to wear jumpers ;) . We aren't allowed to dye our hair if it isn't a natural colour, ie my hair is dark brown but I could dye it blonde because blonde is a natural hair colour, just not my natural hair colour. No-one takes any notice though. Make-up is not allowed but that rule isn't enforced either! I don't wear make-up or dyed hair, and wouldn't anyway, but even if I did I don't think anyone would actually care!!

Giraffagotchi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back