Tamagotchi Ultimate Connecting Guide!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OsuMesu21

Reaction score
Part 1: FAQs

Q: What's connecting, and what does it do?

A: Connecting is how two modern Tamagotchi virtal pets communicate with each other. The idea started off with the Mesutchi and Osutchi pets in 1997, which coupled together and connected specifically for love and marriage through two metal ports. Today, all Tamagotchi toys use infrared sensors to find each other, which allows them to play games and share gifts, building friendships and even love.

Q: How do they connect?

A: First, both Tamagotchi toys must highlight the "Connect" icon, which appears as a heart. Select the heart, followed by whatever other options it gives, and when the "Stand By" screen appears, point the two Tamagotchi toys toward each other, one infrared port facing the other. then, press "B" (the middle button) on either Tamagotchi.

Q: What does connecting do?

A: When two Tamagotchi's connect, they start building friendship levels. The more often they connect, the closer their friendship will be. A male and female adult pair may eventually marry and have children, starting the second generation.

Q: Is there any way to choose what gender I want the babies to be, or predict what gender they'll be?

A: No.

Q: But I heard that...

A: NO.

Q: But I have a theory...

A: NO.

Q: My Tamagotchi's won't connect! Is there something wrong?

A: Either the two Tamagotchi pets are incompatible, one of them has low battery power, or it has a certain connecting quirk (V4, V4.5 only).

Q: Is there any special secrets to mating?

A: Marrying an Ojitchi and Otokitchi together (all versions until V5 onward) will always result in a baby boy, who grows up to become Oyajitchi. The Tamagotchi Plus Color does this too, but also includes the possibility of a girl baby, who grows up into a special female adult, Gorippatchi. Mating one V5 or V5C/V5.5 with one from another country will result in the birth of a single baby, Iwatchi, who becomes special chatacters. The Music Star/V6 does not feature any special mating. Also, according to Bandai Japan, sending a Royal Famitama adult to live with a Famitama will result in a bonus of 1000G for the Famitama.

Q: Who is Nazotchi? That thing in the red hat? Why am I seeing it?

A: Nazotchi is a "placeholder" character used by Tamagotchi toys to fill in where other Tamagotchi characters do not exist. For example, if I were connecting a V3 to a V4, and one character didn't exist on the other, Nazotchi would appear on the other toy in its place. This is purely natural.

Q: Is there a way I can raise a Nazotchi without debugging?

A: Nazotchi cannot be raised by any natural means. It can, however be obtained as a parent on the Family pets and the Music Star.

Part 2: Specific Version Connecting

As some versions require certain guidelines to connect...

~Connecting a Version 2 to a Version 3 or 4/4.5~

On the connecting options for the V2, select "Version 1"

On the connecting options for the V3 or V4, select "Other".

~Connecting Versions 2, 3, and 4/4.5 to the Keitai/Akai series Tamagotchi's~

On the Version 2, select "Version 1". On V3 and V4, select "Other"

On the Keitai/Akai select "Tamagotchi Plus" (symbolized with a + next to Japanese text).

~Connecting Version 4 to Version 4.5~

On the V4, select "Ver. 4", and select what option you'd like to use (Game, Present, or Visit).

On the V4.5, select "Ver. 4/4.5" and select what option you'd like to use (Game, Present, or Visit).

~Connection Version 4/4.5 Connecting Glitch~

For whatever reason, the V4 and V4.5 both are picky about connecting. Sometimes, when you try to connect them to any other Tamagotchi, they will just say "FAIL" instantly. This usually happens because when first starting a Tamagotchi, most users forget to press the "Reset" button after pulling the tab.

To correct this glitch, reset the V4 or V4.5, download your character, set the correct date and time, and try again.

~Connecting Music Star/V6 to V5/Famitama or V5C/V5.5/Royal Famitama~

On the Music Star, select "Others" and wait on the Standby screen. DO NOT PRESS B.

On the Family pet, select the first option, then "Game", and then press B.

~ Marrying Music Star/V6 to V5/Famitama or V5C/V5.5/Royal Famitama~

After building up friendship levels on both toys to their highest possible levels, start the connecting process. But for the Family pet, select "Marry" and then "Give".

The adult will disappear from your Family toy, and appear on your Music Star as Nazotchi. You will receive an egg with the new baby, and Nazotchi will stay and live with your Music Star.

~Music Star/Family Pet Marriage Glitch~

Please be careful when marrying your V6 with the Family pets.

The Music Star will take about twice as long to build the friendship level than the V5 (or all Family-style pets in general). The Music Star's Friendship Meter consists of 8 stages: four static faces, and then four smiling faces. Be sure to have all four smiling faces before deciding to marry the V5.

If you don't do this properly, your Music Star will refuse to marry, but the V5 will accept - sending a character away and leaving you with one less character and no way of getting it back.

Part 3: The Guide

Click here for the graphic version of this guide!

Please note: Saying a version can connect and breed with the same version is a moot point, so it's not included.

Tamagotchi Connection (Version 1/V1)

Can connect with: V2, V3, V4, V4.5, Plus

Can marry: V2, V3, V4, V4.5, Plus

Tamagotchi Connection Version 2 (V2)

Can connect with: V1, V3, V4, V4.5, Plus, Keitai, Akai

Can marry: V1, V3, V4, V4.5, Plus

Tamagotchi Connection Version 3 (V3)

Can connect with: V1, V2, V4, V4.5, Plus, Keitai, Akai

Can marry: V1, V2, V4, V4.5, Plus

Tamagotchi Connection Version 4 (V4)

Can connect with: V1, V2, V3, V4.5, Plus, Keitai, Akai

Can marry: V1, V2, V3, V4.5, Plus

Tamagotchi Connection Version 4.5 (V4.5)

Can connect with: V1, V2, V3, V4, Plus, Keitai, Akai

Can marry: V1, V2, V3, V4, Plus

Tamagotchi Plus (Japanese V1)

Can connect with: V1, V2, V3, V4, V4.5, Keitai, Akai

Can marry: V1, V2, V3, V4. V4.5

Keitai Tamagotchi Plus

Can connect with: V2, V3, V4, V4.5, Plus, Akai, Entama, Uratama

Can marry: -self only-

Akai Tamagotchi Plus

Can connect with: V2, V3, V4, V4.5, Plus, Keitai, Entama, Uratama

Jinsei Enjoy Tamagotchi Plus (Entama)

Can connect with: Keitai, Akai, Uratama

Ura Jinsei Enjoy Tamagotchi Plus (Uratama)

Can connect with: Keitai, Akai, Entama

All Family Pets From All Regions Can Connect And Marry.

This includes:

"Family Iro Iro! Tamagotchi Plus" (Famitama) (Japan)

Tamagotchi Connection Version 5 (USA and AUS)

Tamagotchi Connexion Familitchi (EUR)

"Royal Dream Family Tamagotchi Plus" (Royal) (Japan)

Tamagotchi Connection Version 5 Celebrity (USA)

Tamagotchi Connection Version 5.5 (AUS)

Family Pets Cannot Connect With Older Tamagotchi Pets.

Tamagotchi Music Star (V6)

Can connect with: Family Series

Can marry: Family Series

Tamagotchi Plus Color (TMGC+C)

Can connect with: Hexagontchi

Can marry: Hexagontchi? (unverified; if you have them and successfully married them, please reply)

Hexagontchi

Can connect with: TMGC+C

Can marry: TMGC+C? (unverified; if you have them and successfully married them, please reply)

*TM Edit

SEE ALSO: Tamagotchi Friends Connecting info (posted by Mandymom)

https://www.tamatalk.com/IB/topic/191784-tamagotchi-friends-connecting-guide/

Last edited by a moderator:
Thankyou for this great guide, i know that i'll be finding all of my tamgotchis today!

I know something that can help!

If you want to give a present, have the tamagotchi that you want to receive the present press B first when it says standby.

are the v4.5 and music star compatable to mate???? :lol:

[QUOTE='/={3]are the v4.5 and music star compatable to mate???? :lol:
[/QUOTE]No. They can't even connect together.

verified by tama zone members hexagon and color can mate only when its a character on both of them (eg shimashimatchi and memetchi wont work mimitchi and shimashimatchi wont work but say a memetchi and mametchi then it will work cos both are obtained on both

(Only reply if you know for SURE) What happens when a Tama-go marries a V5? What happens exactly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back