Swine Flu Vaccination

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

misuzu_kamio

Reaction score
So my parents are trying to force me into the swine flu vaccination

i'm 100% against getting it

what are your opinions on this vaccine?

I think that this is in the wrong forum , but Im also against the swine flu vaccination.

My friend was over and shes going to get it but a few days ago my mom was talking about it and how bad it is so now my friend is terrified. xD

i got my swine flu shot and it was so painfull but im over it now it only last 3 days but atleast your safe from swine flu for a year. its totally worth it! :p

I don't even think it's even available for people my age (14) in Britain yet. I don't know. But if it is, I'm going make my parents take me to get it. I don't like needles, but I'd rather have half a second of pain than swine flu.

It doesn't hurt. When I got it, I didnt even feel it.

Sure, it makes your arm feel like a sandbag for two days, but it's worth it. :)

In my opinion, it's a flu.

People die from the normal flu every day,

The only difference is media coverage.

(Yes I did just jack that from 'The Only Difference Between Martyrdom and Suicide is Media Coverage.')

I'm against it. A normal vaccine takes years to develop, and this vaccine was developed and mass produced in the span of a few months. It hasn't been properly tested and I'm not going to put myself at risk. I got the normal flu shot. That's good enough for me.

Better safe then sorry. Get it if you can.

I got mine a few weeks ago. I was on the high risk list and got mine first because I'm on an immuno-suppressant (though I think I had H1N1 before hand anyway).

I think that if you can get it, get it. Protect yourself.

I'm against it. A normal vaccine takes years to develop, and this vaccine was developed and mass produced in the span of a few months. It hasn't been properly tested and I'm not going to put myself at risk. I got the normal flu shot. That's good enough for me.
The normal flu shot doesn't potect against swine flu though

I don't think I need oit, I might have had swine flu already, when I was ill for a few weeks. My gran's had it, and she needs a second dose because a medicine that she already takes can reduce the effects of the injection

I know it doesn't. I was just saying that only having the normal flu shot was just fine with me.

Dont get it, many terrible things can happen to you. I'm not saying that it will, but you never know. Plus, like someone else said it takes WEEKS to actually begin to work and the swine flu is going around already so theres really no use. The only reason why people are dying from it is because they don't rest, and go play games thinking that they're fine when really they're sick. I've never gotten a flu shot or swine flu shot in my life and i've had neither.

In my city 80% of all of the flu-like illnesses are H1N1, and I most likely had it last week. And I know tons of kids who've gotten tested and been told that they have it. I'm not getting it, but I'm not against it or anything.

Plus many more people die from other similar sicknesses than swine flu, and I think people are making too big of a deal out of it, but it would still be a good idea to get vaccinated.

I've heard of people dying from the vaccination.

so no, I'm not getting it.

Besides, I was at the Doctors office the other day, waiting for my mom to finish her appointment, and I over heard People behind the desk saying that its pretty much the same thing as the regular flu shot.

From what I hear about the needle, it sounds no better than the actual flu itself.

i got it, even though i think i got the swine flu already. it didn't hurt. it didn't even feel sore afterwards.

maybe it's because my dad gives good shots. i don't know.

I'm getting it tommorow.

I hate needles but it's better than getting a dozen of needles when your like, almost dying in the hospital from it.

Meh

If I had insurance I'd probably get it. I'm prone to getting sick. I've already had some sort of flu this year.

I'm not worried about it. This flu is no worse than the regular flu, which I live through every year.

I'm definitely not getting it. I don't trust vaccinations (never had one in my life), for more than one reason.

I'm getting it tommorow.
I hate needles but it's better than getting a dozen of needles when your like, almost dying in the hospital from it.

Meh
You don't have to have the shot to get vaccinated. They do also have the nasal mist available. The only difference is that the shot contains the dead virus and the nasal mist contains the weakened live virus.

I couldve gotten it weeks ago, because my asthma makes it a lot worse. But I chose not to get cause I think it's unnecessary. And I probably have it right now, anyways xD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back