Tamagotchi ID Could it be Comming to the USA?!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rave_Knite

Reaction score
I Know Tamatalk has been abuzz about the new Tamagochi ID, and I think I've found something Interesting... Take a look!

I was About to log on to Music City A few days ago, suddenly A Tamagotchi Survey popped up! I took it, and Saw a question that caught my attention. It said "Would you Pay $10 For a $50 product?" I've hear that it cost the equavilant of 50 US Dollors in Yen, What do you think? Could I be reazding into this too much?

That sounds cool! I don't know if the TMGC+C will come to America, but if it did, it would be AMAZING!!!! I would beg my parents all day for it! IT WOULD BE SO COOL!!!! SO COOL!!!

I think Bandai has already said that they won't be bringing the Tamagotchi ID to the U.S, but I hope they change their minds, there's obviously a demand for them here if people are willing to buy the japanese ones just so they can have them. But at $50 it might be a bit much to pay for a "kids toy" and I think that might be their main reason for holding back. Then again I'd pay that much for one.

I Know Tamatalk has been abuzz about the new Tamagochi ID, and I think I've found something Interesting... Take a look!I was About to log on to Music City A few days ago, suddenly A Tamagotchi Survey popped up! I took it, and Saw a question that caught my attention. It said "Would you Pay $10 For a $50 product?" I've hear that it cost the equavilant of 50 US Dollors in Yen, What do you think? Could I be reazding into this too much?
A Tamagotchi Survey popped up on Music City!? I haven't seen it, where is it on Music City? I wanna look! ;)

Uhh... was it really on music city? Where were you at the time... in fact, what was the time? Did you have a character logged in?

It might come out eventually, although by then Japan would already have something new and better out >>;

It was random, It just popped up...
If it did up pop, what is the link? If you don't know it, look up your computer's history then go to the new.tamatown folder. It should be there and say the link of the pop up. ;)

I want a Tamagotchi ID so badly... But I live in Indonesia and my country doesnt have it yet ;)

My mom said if I get a VERY GOOD grade in the math semester test I can ask for anything ;)

But, yesterday I receive my score, and its VERY GOOD! I asked my mom about the Tamagotchi ID, but she said I already have a tama and I dont need it and when I ask again she would not answer :(

I would beg again today for the ID. Maybe I would beg EVRYDAY :p

Note: I have many money in the bank, but Im afraid if I spend it for the ID my money would be lost... I spend the money on a Music Star

Also, I see interactive prices in ebay! There are one that is $59.99, and some have $75+

Yeah the Tamagotchi ID's a bit pricey most kids and you have to be careful as to which seller you pick to buy one from. Although I just bought (haha go debit card :3) and now i wait for it to come~

"Would you Pay $10 For a $50 product?"

That makes no sense whatsoever, because they wouldn't sell a color tamagotchi for $10. I think you read it wrong, because it'd be sold for $50 or more.

Yeah there's no way the Tamagotchi color would be 10$ especially since the music star ones are more than 10$ XD

I definitely don't think it immediately means we'll be getting a color Tamagotchi in the US (Plus Color, Hexagon, or iD). I think this is mostly Bandai trying to learn more about their target audience, and to see if investing in a color Tamagotchi is a good investment.

Remember, the Color toys were expensive to produce in Japan, and it was only successful because it was backed up with ridiculously huge amounts of marketing, including a new store, new fashion and toy line, and a new motion picture in theaters. Imagine trying to bring the same toy to the USA, but with much less marketing, and having the additional cost of reprogramming the toy into the English language, and then having to sell the toy at a typical $15 that the other toys usually cost. The "negative profit" margin there is far too great of a risk for ANY company to go for.

If Bandai really wanted to produce a color Tamagotchi here, they'd not only need to market it extremely well, but also find a way to produce it cheaper than the Japanese counterpart.

~OM21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back