2010 Vancouver Olympics. :]

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LOUDERnow.

Reaction score
Who's pumped for the Olympics?! :D

Since I'm in Canada, I got to see the torch run and stuff. It was awesome.

But, in all stereoptype-ness, we better win the men's and women's hockey gold medals.

The men's team is kinda screwed, though. Yzerman chose all the wrong players, they're all 40 year old men. Except for Crosby, who just sucks.

There's hope for the women's team, though. At a hockey clinic I went to, I got to meet Sammie Jo Small and Cassie Campbell (they aren't on the team this year, I'm pretty sure both of them retired.) from the previous gold medal winning teams. And since it was a hockey clinic and I'm a goalie, I got training from an actual gold medal Olympic athlete. Which is awesome. :)

But the "Eh! O'Canada, Go!" cheer we've got going is completely IDIOTIC. Thank you, Pepsi. :/

So what country is everyone else cheering for? Any particular sports to watch?

I'm a big fan of the figure skating! I love to watch it, it's definitely my favorite.

^ Agreed ^.^ :D

I'm excited for the mens skating, because PATRICK CHAN IS GOING TO WIN GOLD. And I am cheering for him and he's adorable :)

Weiwei thought he was a cross between Patrick Star and Jackie Chan x3

I'm very excited. for everything. =]

But the "Eh! O'Canada, Go!" cheer we've got going is completely IDIOTIC. Thank you, Pepsi. :/
I HATE THAT CHEER...

I have no school off, but all the private schools do ):< Sucks... I watch figure skating, cause I like watching people do things I cant... xD

Hmm, I probably won't end up watching it. I'm not really much of an olympics fan. :/

Although, I must admit that the ice skating is amazing. Such talent. <3

I actually can't stand to watch figure skating.

I'm the person that like fast-paced things, plus hockey players just don't enjoy figure skating. It's like an unwritten rule or something. I'd rather appreciate Martin Brodeur's skills and stopping insane slapshots than Patrick Chan' skills at twirling and stuff on the ice. xDD

Two people from my home town are carrying the torchy thingy. I dunno where though.

My sister doesn't really like the fact that the olympics are in vancouver [where she lives].

Why? Because she said she hates the fact that the olympians are "first priority" for medical things, and My sister was supposed to get some kind of surgery [the nerves are shot in her hand/wrist whatever], So they like, bumped her surgery down to later on this year, when she should have been able to get it way sooner, like now.

I am pretty excited. I saw the torch run in my city.

I am excited for hockey, and skiing, and bobsled. Bobsled is so awesome. xD

Canada has their chance to redeem after the World Juniors, and get the gold! Watch out, America! >: D

Who's pumped for the Olympics?! :D
Since I'm in Canada, I got to see the torch run and stuff. It was awesome.

But, in all stereoptype-ness, we better win the men's and women's hockey gold medals.

The men's team is kinda screwed, though. Yzerman chose all the wrong players, they're all 40 year old men. Except for Crosby, who just sucks.

There's hope for the women's team, though. At a hockey clinic I went to, I got to meet Sammie Jo Small and Cassie Campbell (they aren't on the team this year, I'm pretty sure both of them retired.) from the previous gold medal winning teams. And since it was a hockey clinic and I'm a goalie, I got training from an actual gold medal Olympic athlete. Which is awesome. :)

So what country is everyone else cheering for? Any particular sports to watch?
Agreed with the hockey medals. xD

Cassie Campbell is my friend's aunt, so she came to my school in grade three to talk about Olympics because my friend asked her to. xD

But yeah, I might watch the Olympics, I might not. Probably not.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll Probably cheer for Canada, Because i'm Canadian and stuff. xD

I also think that I'm the only [or one of the only] canadian who hasn't heard of the "Eh, Oh, Canada go" thing

I was all "...what?" I just heard of it from this topic. xD

Canada has their chance to redeem after the World Juniors, and get the gold! Watch out, America! >: D
Oh God. Don't even mention the World Juniors.

I wanted to punch out my TV after that. ;___;

But at least Canada has a new God now. And his name is Jordan Eberle.

Hahaha, here is a link: Eh, Oh! Canada GO!Short little advert at first, then get ready to cringe.
... Ohmygod. That chant. x-x

I saw the torch go through my town back in November. It was pretty sweet, and the Coca-Cola van playing Open Happiness was definitely a plus. :]

I'm not really a big professional sports fan, so I don't know how much of it I'll watch. But who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back