A TamaTalk tip.

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Painted Windows

Reaction score
So here's the thing,

Some of us are changing there account cause they forgot there password. Then all of their many post counts will be lost. So I'm gonna share this tip. Here:

"When you're already done posting/PMing with your friends or your about to sign out, don't press Sign Out. Just close the tab or go to a different website using that tab without pressing the Sign out. When you will come back, you will see your account is automatically signed in and you don't need to write your username or password anymore."

Its also useful when you're too lazy to put your username and password, like me. xD

But don't do that tip when you have an evil brother.

So yeah, I hope it helps. : )

Yeah.

I have an evil sister who is evil.

*Topic about evil brothers and sisters are open, open to the whole world!*

me too i actually though you were not suppose to logout at first.... -_- :D

I am sorry but I really disagree with this tip.

I would always recommend that you log out.

Choose a password that is easier to remember if you are no good at remembering complicated letter and number combinations.

Don't be lazy about typing in your user name.

If you remain logged in and someone else uses your computer, checks your browsing history and clicks on TamaTalk, your account name is wide open to the world.

That person can post whatever they like, they can spam, swear, send rude or mean PMs to your friends - and you know what?

It is your responsibility.

The TamaTalk Staff don't accept the excuse that "my evil brother got on my account - it wasn't me" - we've heard it so many times before. If you don't log out - you take responsibility for what happens.

I might add that it is not just evil or mean brothers or sisters.

In the past, our members have had nasty little cousins visiting, "so-called" best friends who could be trusted, children of friends visiting your parents - there are so many opportunities for your account to be ruined - really, it's worth your while taking a few moments to log out and in each time.

You might think it is saving your precious post counts - but you're leaving yourself wide open to negative karma or posting restrictions if someone takes control of your account and ruins it for you. (Don't forget, they could also change your password to one they prefer too.. ) -_-

(I'm sure I don't need to add that you should never share your account user password with anyone - not even TamaTalk staff)

Last edited by a moderator:
I am sorry but I really disagree with this tip.
I would always recommend that you log out.

Choose a password that is easier to remember if you are no good at remembering complicated letter and number combinations.

Don't be lazy about typing in your user name.

If you remain logged in and someone else uses your computer, checks your browsing history and clicks on TamaTalk, your account name is wide open to the world. 

That person can post whatever they like, they can spam, swear, send rude or mean PMs to your friends - and you know what? 

It is your responsibility.

The TamaTalk Staff don't accept the excuse that "my evil brother got on my account - it wasn't me" - we've heard it so many times before.  If you don't log out - you take responsibility for what happens.

I might add that it is not just evil or mean brothers or sisters.

In the past, our members have had nasty little cousins visiting, "so-called" best friends who could be trusted, children of friends visiting your parents - there are so many opportunities for your account to be ruined - really, it's worth your while taking a few moments to log out and in each time.

You might think it is saving your precious post counts - but you're leaving yourself wide open to negative karma or posting restrictions if someone takes control of your account and ruins it for you.  (Don't forget, they could also change your password to one they prefer too.. ) :eek:

(I'm sure I don't need to add that you should never share your account user password with anyone - not even TamaTalk staff)
I agree with TamaMum! She is right because what if you use a public computer and don't log out! :eek: ! I forget to log out sometimes :) . But I don't have to worry about my family members getting on TamaTalk. They don't use it, but it's still safe for you to log out EVEN if you don't have friends or family getting on for you.

Some users don't have an "evil brother or sister" but it is still safe to log out ;)

If you are on public computers and you don't log out...... :eek:

you might get hacked by several people ;) :( :( :( :(

Last edited by a moderator:
TamaMum's right.

You have NO obligation WHATSOEVER, to state that me brother hacked my account.

You only finished HALF of the senetence.

You have NO obligation WHATSOEVER, to state that me brother hacked my account. (because I didn't log out properly).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back