Should your school have homework recovery?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

x.super.m o r m o n

Reaction score
If you don't know what Homework Recovery is, it's like detention, but if you don't turn in your homeworkk, you have to stay after school for 45 minutes to do your homework, etc. I think my school should. At my old school, we had it. And I had excellent grades, because I really didn't want to go to homework recovery.

What's your opinion?

No, i don't think so because if you fail a class from not doing homework, it's your own fault. I usually do my homework on time, but if i forgot or didn't feel like it one day, i don't wanna stay 45 minutes after school.

No. People at my school don't even show up for after school band practice, so I doubt they'll stay for homework recovery. Besides, at my school, if you don't do your homework on time, the teacher gives you during school detention, which is only the length of our big recess- 20 minutes. That's enough time to finish, and it's way better than your suggested 45 minutes.

And if you don't finish a project on time, the teacher lets you stay inside for recess at his/her classroom and lets you go when you're finished. That includes simple things such as coloring a poster, printing out an essay, or even finish typing a report.

Also, people in my class are usually thrilled when they have to stay inside. Our recesses are usually friggin cold or scorching hot, and it's actually considered a privilege to get a detention on days like that.

So no, getting "during school" detention is fine enough for me and everyone else in my school. I always pass things in on time, anyway. It has next to no effect on me. But sometimes I stay in just to print something off- definitely not worth having to stay 45 minutes to do a 2 or 3 minute task.

Nope. My school, if you don't do your homework, you stay in at recess and lunch. In highschool, if you don't hand it in, it's zero. Your fault.

^ Yeah, in high school, you pretty much get whatever grade matches your work level. No more teachers making you do work and practically making sure you get an A.

No. People at my school don't even show up for after school band practice, so I doubt they'll stay for homework recovery. Besides, at my school, if you don't do your homework on time, the teacher gives you during school detention, which is only the length of our big recess- 20 minutes. That's enough time to finish, and it's way better than your suggested 45 minutes.
And if you don't finish a project on time, the teacher lets you stay inside for recess at his/her classroom and lets you go when you're finished. That includes simple things such as coloring a poster, printing out an essay, or even finish typing a report.

Also, people in my class are usually thrilled when they have to stay inside. Our recesses are usually friggin cold or scorching hot, and it's actually considered a privilege to get a detention on days like that.

So no, getting "during school" detention is fine enough for me and everyone else in my school. I always pass things in on time, anyway. It has next to no effect on me. But sometimes I stay in just to print something off- definitely not worth having to stay 45 minutes to do a 2 or 3 minute task.
Just saying: I didn't suggest 45 minutes. That's just what it usually is.

I go to Jr High, so we don't get recess. :/

In highschool, if you don't hand it in, it's zero. Your fault.
Yup, that's how it works.

And in some classes, you don't get points for homework at all. You're just expected to do it. If you don't, you won't lose points or get in trouble or anything, but then you're really behind and things get ugly. xp

oh, and paislypuppy, I agree with you there, that's sooo true.

So homework recovery wouldn't go over as a successful disciplinary method in my school.

You should have enough motivation to do your homework yourself. Just because you don't have homework recovery in your new school doesn't mean you shouldn't do your homework ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Just saying: I didn't suggest 45 minutes. That's just what it usually is.
I go to Jr High, so we don't get recess. :/
I know, but still. 45 minutes is still quite some time.

And I also go to Jr High, but we still get recess. I mean, there's even recess at the local highschool, so we could always finish at recess.

Lucky, my middle school didn't have recess, and neither does my high school. However, from tenth grade on, we have free periods where we can go wherever we want on school campus.

No. The school shouldn't harrass kids to do their homework. That's their problem. If I was the teacher, I'd just be giving everyone zeroes. Less work for me. xD

In my 6th grade middle school(I transferred after 6th) we had that. It was called lunch detention. I was in it every day XD

I never did my homework. I didn't care enough to do it. As far as I was concerned(and still partially am) when school is out, the school work is over.

After a while my block teacher gave up. My math teacher didn't though :|

Basically all you had to do for lunch detention was go get your lunch and go back to the class where you were assigned detention. You were supposed to eat your lunch while doing your homework. I just simply ate my lunch.

I hated that they tried to enforce doing homework, especially considering up here middle school grades don't actually matter towards anything except for making the teachers look like they actually do their jobs(which they don't).

So no. I don't think any school should have any form of homework recovery. Extra credit? Sure. Extensions if you were sick or otherwise unable to do the work? Fine. Forcing kids to do their homework? No.

You don't do the work, you fail, your own problem.

Your school must be a very high security school? Is it a private school or something, where everyone does as they're told?

At my school, if we had something like this, people still wouldn't turn in their homework. And if they were ordered to stay after, they'd just skip. o_o

I'm in highschool. If we seriously had something like this in highschool, I would change schools. When you get into highschool they don't powder your ar*e and give you second chances anymore. If you fail because you were too lazy to get the work in, you'll suffer for it later, and that's exactly how it should be.

Imho of course.

But seriously . . . no.

I don't really care about homework recovery. If I don't do it, I normally come up with an excuse or my parents write me a not explaining why I didn't.

But for the school as a whole, I think mine should. No one ever does their homework. But they'd probably skip the homework recovery anyway...

In highschool, if you don't hand it in, it's zero. Your fault.
Exactly.

+, I'm starting High School this year.

So this post speaks for itself :)

At my old school we didn't have it, we had to miss out on lunch if homework wasn't handed in. Though Homework Recovery would've been a rather good idea since half the kids didn't even bother about it. And maybe they would've cared a little more if they had to stay in after school otherwise.

I'm 50/50 on this whole idea.

We have that except it's if you don't do your homework, you just get detention, and you either have to stay in at break or pick up rubbish. Unless it's like a formal detention, you have to stay in for half an hour after school.

Not that the teachers check your homework anyway. :\

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back