Copying.

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LOVE.

Reaction score
Second star to the right, straight on til morning.
Okay, well.. I have this friend. Well, she's like my best friend. But she copies me. And it's not like she just started, she's been doing it since I moved here in Year Four. We're now in Year Eight.

I know it seems kinda selfish and everything, but I really hate her doing it. Everything I buy, she has to get herself. All the styles I start wearing, she has to start too. I don't want to lose her as a friend because of this, but I really can't stand her copying me. Also, the things I wear, well, they don't exactly match her personality. Now, she's just found my favourite clothing website. I don't know how to stop her doing it? And I don't want to be all, 'Stop copying me.' I don't want to have to bring copying into any conversation. Please help?

Well, you have someone that likes to be like you. :)

Maybe if it annoys you [SIZE=10pt]TOO[/SIZE] much, then you should help her find her own style. :)

Maybe get into a discussion of what clothing companies or whatever you like, and then say, "I like to be the only one wearing what I wear." Casually.

I dunno.

Kendal, I'm in a very similar situation.

Like Nix said, maybe mention it casually in a conversation? Although I probably wouldn't, as it would give me a veeery guilty conscious. Best friends are often rather alike, though I know how you feel, when it gets to the stage where it's considered 'copying', it's not fun D:

If it becomes so irritating that you just can't stand it, maybe confront her?

If she's your 'best friend', she would understand, wouldn't she?

Gah, I don't know what to do myself about my friend either,

So sorry I'm not much of a help.

D:

Me and my best friend are total opposites.

You could take her shopping and suggest clothing to her. If you try something on, decide to buy it and then she grabs the exact same thing, say something like 'Wait! i think this style and/or color would suit you much better'. Keep doing this until she either realises that she was copying you or decides on a style she likes (that isn't yours!)

Hope that helps.

MC

P.S. dont always say what i suggested. try to vary what you say all the time

Yes like Sky said wear Ugly Make-Up and Clothes and that way she will copy you and look Ugly 8D "And she will be all, "ooh I don't want to look like that" Or Just tell her how you feel :')

Well, I don't know,

-Matt

Last edited by a moderator:
If she is one of your good friends. Tell her, she may not even relize she is doing it. If you are really that good of friends, she will understand. It would be dumb to feel akward with a friend like that. They will understand if you tell them in a nice calm manner.

Naw, I don't think you should make yourself ugly just to get someone to stop copying you. Myself, I'll try to address the problem indirectly. Like I'll hint to it subtly but not in a straight-in-your-face up front obvious way.

For example, I'll bring up the subject of clothes I like and then I'll casually throw in that I hate it when people copy me. See? It's forward enough for her to get the point, and you don't have to worry about hurting her feelings.

(I actually have a friend that tries to copy everything that my other friend does. It drives me up the wall, but I've never said anything to her. It just bothers me. A lot. :angry: )

I have a friend who is like that to...she copies me all the time...I just tell her to stop coping me for a while.I don't like it!

I hate it when people copy me too.

My best friend a couple of years ago copied me like crazy.

I confronted her about it, but in the wrong way I guess. We had loads of arguements about it.

So erm, I recommend you do it reaallly politely?

Don't get me wrong, this isn't the reason she isn't my best friend anymore. xD I just don't see as much as her since we went to high school.

I know how you feel. Having a clone of you is really annoying, and you just want to be you. But how can you be just you if someone else is being you? Trying not to confuse people D:

Good luck to you, twinsay. <3

I really don't like it ether.

Its really annoying and it makes me mad sometimes.

Sarah (my BFF) is always doing it and it drives me bananas!

You should try to tell your friend about how you feel.

You should tell her in a nice way too.

It really helps~

-Victoria~

I had the same thing happen to me. But I must inform you, me and her are not friends anymore.

Welll, for a while, acting like you don't notice worked. But soon, she was copying me so much, I would say somthing and she would say the exact smae thing moments later. Then she copied off of how I walk and breath.

So I confronted her and we got in a rut..so yeah....

Like when ever I wear skinny jeans she has to!

When I started to wear skinny jeans I wore them to school and then she had to too.

It drives me BANANAS!!

When I buy new skinny jeans she has to too!

When ever I get something she always asks me where I got it and I do tell her'but she has to get it too!

It makes me MAD!

I do tell get mad it here...I just feel it on the inside because if I did tell here she would me sad.

So you should take this advice thanx.

-Victoria~

Last edited by a moderator:
What's the big deal with having the same style? In a recent interview, style princess Selena Gomez shared that she and BFF Demi often buy the same clothes in different colors cause they tend to like the same things. Stop thinking of your friendship as a competition: who's prettier, who's got better style, who gets more compliments. Instead, be flattered- your pal probably loves your fashion sense, that's why she gets the same clothes you do. Besides, if you start feeling more confident about your style, it'll show and people will start noticing how fab you look.

I don't have a problem with having the same style; it's copying that ticks me off. /:

I'm not only talking about styles; I mean bands/music genres, the way I talk/write, my friends etc. She copies who I crush on, when every single time I tell her I have a crush on this guy, and she'll be all 'EEWWWW', and the next day she likes him too? EVERY SINGLE TIME.

She copies my celebrity crushes. I mean, c'mon. I know there's gonna be a million more people who like the same person, but she has to like every celebrity I do? -.-'

So you see, if she could back off and be her own person (even if it meant the same 'style'), I wouldn't mind. When your friend starts like the same guy as you, then you get annoyed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back