It didn't feel like that was me...

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamagirl_Desy

Reaction score
I was just looking through some pictures I have of myself, and for some odd reason, it didn't feel as if I were looking at ME.

It was as though I was looking at pictures of someone else, someone different.

I have changed quite a bit in the past year or so, and I guess I never truly realized it until now.

It's hard to explain, but all of a sudden... I felt like the old me again.

The old me with long blonde hair, weird clothes, and a huge passion for toys & tamagotchis.

I looked at the pictures of myself, kind of confused at who the person was... and where I knew them from.

They seemed like a stranger.

It wasn't until a few minutes later, when I finally snapped out of it, that I realized that it was ME in the photos.

Obviously it was, I had taken them.

I felt kind of stupid afterwards, but I don't know...

Anything weird like that happen to you?

How much have you changed (looks/personality) as a person in the past few years?

Was the change for the better or worse?

Just curious.

I have a bookmark with my picture on it from Kindergarten. That's a long time ago, but yeah I felt like I was looking at my little brother.

Oh. My.

I changed my personality since I moved house. It was exactly after I moved house. I moved schools too. I used to be the quiet, sweet, cute for her age girl who rarely speaks up and always wants to play on her own. But now, I'm much more of an intresting person. I talk too much, but I'm shy when it comes to people I like. When I'm in front of everyone, I talk alot. I worry more about myself, get stressed (unlike the harmless, never sad girl in the past), and I wanna be cool. And as for the playing on my own thing I would absolute hate beign alone, it would be my biggest nightmare. I care more about things than in my past, happy life. Sometimes, I wanna switch places with my old self, she was cute and popular and I haven't really done well at school because I've already lost a friend, and now I'm lonely. I miss my old self, but yeah, I did change. It was all so sudden, I just changed randomly. I can't even remember my old self, I'm a diffrent human. It was strange it was the minute I left my old house, too.

Appearance wise, I'm not as pretty as I used to be. I look pathetic and young for my age, and I get too many ugly spots. When I was younger, I never, ever got spots at all. Teenager stuff, I think.

So I changed from happy, never-sad Sarah, to dark, mysterious and lonely Sarah. Ouch.

I've changed a lot. Appearance, Not as much, different colored hair, longer/shorter depending on when.

But personality, majorly.

I've given up on taking other people's crap. I'm being myself, I don't really care anymore, you know?

I switched from a private school to a public school, and I'm loving the freedom. I can do whatever I want with my hair, clothes, whatever.

I can be me. For once.

It's nice.

I do that all the time... only when I'm looking in the mirror. I'll just zone out have an outer body experience. Like I won't feel like I'm looking at me. Like I'm looking at someone else. It's really hard to explain; I can't exactly put it into words.

Of course I've changed, we all do. I've grown up a lot. I still look similar - my hair is still long and blonde, I've physically matured, the only real prominent change would be my going from glasses to contacts... but like I said, I've grown up. I've developed as a person. I've realized who and what's important to me and what's not. I've found what I value and what I'm more laid back about. And overall I think the changes I've gone through have been for the better.

Oh yeah, I know that feeling. Since I moved from the city, where's theres much more freedom to be who you want, I've had to grow up because of alot of things that happen to me. Anyways when I look at those pictures, it's just...strange to see me being me, which I am aiming for now (=

Everyone changes.

I have a better haircut. I have better clothes.

My face has more sharp features.

Inside I have changed.

Through experience, through wins and losses, we change.

Just the passage of time .

When I looked at myself in some

pictures I has blond hair now I have brown(wow.) I felt like I was looking at my mom not me.

Looking at baby pictures, I feel that way too. Physically, I used to have really curly gold hair, my hair is still curly, but it isn't ringlets anymore. And I've moved cities, so looking at old pictures from my old house, I don't even feel like that kid is me. I remember a lot of the stuff from the photos, but I can't relate myself to it when I look at it from that point of view.

In the past like 3/4 years though, I think I've changed a lot. I used to be really attention-seeking, and loud. And physically, I'm a lot taller now, my hair is different, my face looks a lot different. Yeah, when I look at pictures and videos from a couple years ago, it just doesn't seem like me, even though it is. Because I'm so different now ;p

And also what Katie said about looking in the mirror.. I get that too, like when I look at myself for a long time in the mirror, and I feel like I'm viewing another person, not myself, and it just feels.. weird. well that's how it is for me.

Gosh, story of my life. o:

Yes, like people above have mentioned, everybody changes. But when it happens to you, you just don't understand why or how this has happened and feel as though you're a completely different person. I guess it's normal, a normal part of growing up? \:

Anywaaaay, I most definitely have changed in the past few years. Rather dramatically actually.

I went from being my old Simpsons-crazy, toy-obsessed self, to a new, mature, more-educated me.

I've grown up a lot, developed new hobbies, and just changed as a person in general.

As for physical changes, yeaaah, it's happened.

My hair's a lot nicer now (if you remember seeing photos of me back in early 2009 or so, you'd remember my long plait/s), my face has just grown up, I'm WAAAAAY taller even though I was always pretty much the tallest in my class, and yeah, I'm just a whole lot different now.

AND THAT MIRROR THING!

That alwaaays happens to me.

D:

I used to be hideous.

I'm alot more satisfied with my looks now,

but I still hate what I see in the mirror.

I get told I'm pretty all the time, but I never believe it.

I have changed alot in the past year.

Some people will remember. All the kids from my old school.

I used to have my hair all one length. And I used to always have it in a ponytail.

Now, it's longer, wildly layered, differently coloured, and I only have it in a ponytail when I sleep.

I think I've made the effort to make myself look better so people will think better of me.

To me, looks are everything. I think it's that as you grow up you change hugely.

My looks have changed alongside my personality also.

I used to hate myself and only care for others.

I still hate myself. But I have a new found sense of self repsect I never used to have before.

I think it's because of my new friends. But it's happened over the last half of 2009.

I think the whole thing of reaching maturity and all that common jazz gets to you mentally.

You know, the idea of it all. I think if you hear you'll change, you feel you'll need to change.

People fear teenagers these days, and I think we take it to our advantage and act differently.

Eh.

I've changed since I was little.. But moving to an entirely different country did bash my confidence a bit. /:

I used to laugh a lot and have fun, I did modelling, and a numerous amount of the things I love[d] (dancing, horse-riding, swimming).

Now, I laugh - but it's never really a proper laugh. It's more just; haha that's funny! Rather then; I want to carry on laughing like this forever<3.

I would never dream of modelling again. I'm too ugly for that.

I can't dance.. But I'm working on that.

I don't think I'll take up horse-riding again. /:

I will never take swimming as an extra activity. Well, maybe, in the far, far, FAR away future.

I guess I just lost everything I used to love.. My pets, my friends, my school. But now, I'm beginning to change again..

I've decided to try my absolute hardest not to care what anyone thinks of me. This is so hard because, well, I hate when people hate me. I guess you could call me a people-pleaser? I'm almost too loyal, and clingy. I want to let go of that. I want to become my own person without wondering what other people think.

Sorry for that rant. It was kinda good to get it off my chest. It makes me feel like I have to become me now; I really do. I can't waste away my life regretting everything.

I've changed a lot. Someone didn't even recognize me once.

I used to be quiet and weird and now I'm a lot more relaxed and happy.

Nothing like that's happened to me; when I look back I can always pick myself out in a photo.

I've changed so much, I owe that to high school and the people I know. I used to be like so ugh, really fail, if you get what I mean? I was so just... I can't even explain it lmao Dx I was lame and I liked bad music and dressed like a skank and I was like not pretty or anything (So I thought anyway lol), and I was really insecure about how I looked Dx Anyway now I'm in a better place lol, I like who I am and I like to believe I'm a lot easier to get along with and stuff :) So yeah, I like it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back