Scoliosis

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cruz911

Reaction score
If you want to know what Scoliosis is.........then i will tell you.......scoliosis is when your spine is croooked and you wont evr get perfectly straight again. I am 12 almost 13 and I have to get surgery after my birthday this summer ad i wont be able to play any kinds of sports or do anything for 6 months after surgery! They cut my entire back open and put 2 metal rods in my back to help me straighten out a little bit, but i wont be able to bend down or anything. Im really scared and nervous but i think im ready!!! DO ANY OF YOU HAVE A CERTAIN DISEASE OR PROBLEM?? (i have asthma so that counts too) :lol:

I'm sorry about that <33

Surgeon's know what they are doing anyway, so don't worry. :)

I have allergies and I might have asthma, but nothing huge.

My friend's sister had that as well last year. Don't worry, she's not very tolerant of pain or fear, and she was just fine. At least when your 6 months are over you'll get to return to playing sports and etc!

Good luck~

I have Asperger's Syndrome. I get upset easily because of it. My mum told me that someone told her they read in a magazine that Ladyhawke has Asperger's as well, so I'm not the only one xD

I'm sorry. Good luck <33

I got tested for Scoliosis, because apparently I have a slight curve in my spine. Around last year I had to get an MRI. Scary. But as far as we know, nothing came of it. xD

Aw, I'm sure it'll go fine.

I have Cholinergic Urticaria. Basically I'm allergic to sweating, so if I do which is everyday, I'll start itching like crazy. Also known as Heat Hives. I also have symptoms of Psychosis.. which is really scary, but they come out only whilst I am trying to fall asleep. Hallucinations, delusions, etc.

I'm sorry~Good luck~!

I have asthma. I used to have it really bad then it went away and now I think I have the 7 year cycle thingy where it comes back after 7 years because mine's come back now. ):

Well I hope everyone gets better! I don't have anything because I'm lucky. But I kept getting sore throats this winter! They got better....than they got worse. I think I was obviously too cold, but my school involves waiting too long in the freezing cold, so I coulden't do much about it.

I'm so sorry to hear that. ): But don't be afraid, i know surgery seems scary, but the surgeons know what they're doing and in the end you'll be healthier.

A friend of mine had scoliosis, but i guess back then they didn't have these kinds of surgery, so she had to wear a brace for about a year. You're lucky you don't have to do that, because it's really bulky and makes it a lot harder to find shirts and dresses that fit, they need to be bigger. And you have to wear it while sleeping too, if i'm not mistaken. she really hated it, but now it's over.

Do disabilities count? Because I'm disabled.

My friend Talulah has scoliosis.

My mom also has Scoliosis and Asthma. She's never had a surgery for it though...yet. She probably won't though anyway....Stubborn.

Well, I can't say I have it, but my moms family has a form of leukemia running in her blood. It's said to skip a generation, my grandmother died of it, and if it *does* skip a generation, I may get it in the next 20/30 years.

My spine is also a bit crooked, a part of it seems to jet out at where my neck connects my torso. I've had it looked at, it's nothing according to the x-rays, but it bugs me because it makes my back look weird.

I also have one other issue, now I'm not sure wtf it is, but it involves pain after urination. I've narrowed it down to 2 things, cystitis or urethral stricture. Since I've been treated for a UTI several times. >:

I have something like that, and my dad, we have alot in common.

1. we have bad backs

2. we are always angry all the time (not really)

3. we sorta look the same

I have scoliosis too.

But mine's not as bad.

Currently, my curve is at an 18 degree angle. It used to be 39. I am wearing a body brace (Lyon brace to be exact) and I have to wear it 18 hours a day, for two years. I started wearing it two months ago. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back