U.S. Census

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not from the US.

But I was, I most certainly would. I don't know why people think it's such a big deal, or why they think the government is invading personal privacy. They need to know what sort of things to be investing in comparison to the increase/decrease of certain demographics.

For example, is majority of the country is populated by older people, invest more money into old age homes. Majority of the country is populated by children? Invest more into education systems.

It's a little more complicated than that, but that's the basics. The government is not going to use the information against you or stalk your house based on the information you give. They have all of this anyways, on birth certificates, immigration papers, passports, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
We sent ours back, but I don't think it's right of the government to ask all these questions when, according to the constitution, all they need to know is how many people there are. They don't need to ask their birthdays, gender, race, etc. It's not necessary and it's really none of their business.

^I agree mostly with paislypuppy. It's really none of their business. If you want to tell them, great, but you're a part of the country and you should have some say in things too. If you don't want the government to know your personal info, you shouldn't have to.

Yup. I sent mine back. Well, my parents did. :rolleyes:

They started making new streets here in New York. Is that what the census is for? :p ?

Yup. I sent mine back. Well, my parents did. :p
They started making new streets here in New York. Is that what the census is for? :D ?
The census is for knowing how many people in a town/county/state/country. It lets the government know about how much funding is needed for schools and such things as that. The reason the government asks for age and race is to know about how many students are in school, and to better represent that race. I doubt it has anything to do with the streets though.

I sent my family's in. My parents were to lazy. poop on them.

We sent ours back, but I don't think it's right of the government to ask all these questions when, according to the constitution, all they need to know is how many people there are. They don't need to ask their birthdays, gender, race, etc. It's not necessary and it's really none of their business.
Actually, they do that for recreational purposes. Do they include the names of the people in the family in the census? I think they do. They use information like that for things like 'The most popular baby names of the decade'

We mailed ours back a while ago. I think it's a bit unconstitutional that they have to ask your race and stuff. They should only ask about the amount of people living in the house and how old they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back