I think i might have just killed my tamagotchi...

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

booboo1

Reaction score
I decided to start up my V5 again remembering how much fun I used to have with it, so I got a new battery and put it in. But, I think it battery was too small for the tamagotchi and it was moving inside the battery slot which was messing up the tamagotchi and making really weird noises and it had a black screen. Then i think it finally got in place and the tamagotchi said Wait! and it showed the set date and time screen.

I had my tamagotchi up to Generation 12 with tons of items and money, will it all be gone?

Also, I just took the battery out and left it so I dont mess it up even more.

Help?!

If it didn't show the download/reset screen, but rather went directly to the date & time set screen, then all the previous data is probably gone for ever.

Let me guess... you used a CR2016 or CR2025 instead of a CR2032 (the correct one.)

Noo!

Poor you! Iknow how it is to lose good generations by just accidents, it happened something similair to me some years ago... Also, the v5 is quiet glitchy, so I'll just say good luck with the new gens. :D

Yeah I did binary. D=

But I've used this battery before on other tamagotchis and they were fine! And yes, im sure it was the exact same battery.

I might as well just restart, but what it i put in the right battery, will everything still be gone? Because as soon as the date and time screen came up i took out the battery. Ah well, it was probably too late anyway.

Yeah, it probably is... :) It happened to me once, and I probably wouldn't have realised it if I weren't switching batteries on two tamas at the same time. I saw the batteries were different. :ichigotchi:

You reset your Tamagotchi. Oh and one thing: Make sure you are buying CR2032 batteries. I made sure on the instructions when I bought my Tama's new battery.

Hope I helped!

hmmmm yeah, you prolly bought the wrong one and it messed things up. I know i never realy used my v5 because of that glitch where whenever inserting a new battery just restarted the whole thing. I got tired of that and i just put it in a box. So it prolly was not the battery, but just the dumb glitch v5's had.

Well, v5's ARE very known to be glitchy. hopefully it works better with the right battery. :)

My v5 does the same thing, but I put inside my tamagotchi empty battery.

It does the same thing than using the wrong battery. :(

So, be careful, when you change your v5's battery! :wacko:

Thanks everyone.

But the thing is that ive used this same battery on other Tama's and it was fine, except for the fact that it felt loose in the Tamagotchi. But they didnt reset or anything.

Maybe it was a glitch then? I dont know.

Well if you used a CR2016 or CR2025... You need TWO batteries so they wont move and to get the full power. It will eventually screw up your tamagotchi because it is a DIFFERENT CHARGE. (Different electric current) It may also "stress" your tama because it doesn't have as much charge as it needs to work correctly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well if you used a CR2016 or CR2025... You need TWO batteries so they wont move
That's bad advice!

CR2032, CR2025, and CR2016 are each rated at 3V. So, if you use two CR2025 or CR2016, you'll get 6V; twice as much as the Tamagotchi requires. This may damage the circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back