Studio Ghibli?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoVeMeFoReVeR

Reaction score
I love Studio Ghibli! They make the best movies ever! Like, Kiki's delivery service, My neighbor Totoro, Spirited away, Howl's moving castle, and more!

Oh you bet! I've seen them all, they are fantastic!! Princess Mononoke, Porco Rosso, Nausicaa, Laputa: Castle in the Sky.. I first saw Totoro when I was about 13; that's when it was first released onto DVD too. ^^ My mom bought it for me and we watched it together, oh it was great. Shoot, my father loves that movie! They've seen most of them and my parents aren't people who like animations all that terrible much. Great movies! If anyone here hasn't seen em, watch them when you can.

Last edited by a moderator:
Eeeeeeep! These movies are my life!

My favorite has got to be Howl's Moving Castle;; amazing. <3

I adore Spirited Away, and Totoro, too. ^-^

I've seen HMC, Totoro, Spirited Away, Nausicaa, Castle in the Sky, Ponyo, annd, hmm. I know I'm forgetting some.

I love Studio Ghibli and Miyazaki. ~

This topic was made for Krystal, wasn't it? ;D

Miyazaki and Studio Ghibli are the gods of animation, I tell you.

I luff Howl best of all; very, very muchh. -noticehowisaidHowlhimselfandnotHowl'sMovingCastle?-

Me want Porco Rosso. Very badly so. =P

asdfghjkl-

I would not be who I am today without Studio Ghibli. (don't know if that's good or not)

I can remember the exact order I saw the movies in.

Kiki's Delivery Service, then Spirited Away, then The Cat Returns, then Porco Rosso, then Nausicaa: of the Valley of the Wind, then Princess Mononoke, then Howl's Moving Castle, then My Neighbor Totoro, then Castle in the Sky, and most recently, Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea.

I saw Kiki way back in Kindergarten, and pretty much all of my family did as well. I'd watch it literally ALL THE TIME. I still love it.

SP in, like second grade I think. It's only been recently the whole No-Face barfing scene hasn't made me leave the room or something. (I'm really squeamish about that stuff). I had the biggest crush on Haku. Still do, as a matter of fact.

I really didn't want to watch Cat Returns, but my mom said I'd like it. She was right.

Same goes for Porco. That one's my dad's favorite. Out of the ost's for all the Ghiblis I have, I like this one the best. Just sounds so lovely and Mediterranean. (I just love the whole Italian theme. I have no clue why, I just do).

Nausicaa, I spent most of the time hiding behind a pillow. It just freaked me out so much.

Mononoke I avoided for the longest time. I'd had the movie for like three years before I finally had the bazinga's to watch it. I still HATE the part where (ugh I forget it's name) the boar god is like, falling apart.

Immediately fell in love with HMC. It's my favorite of all the Ghibli's. I still have a sweet spot for Howl. I just love him to pieces.

Totoro, well, I don't see how anyone CAN'T like this movie. Didn't have much of a plot, but I liked that. I always watch it on rainy days. ALWAYS.

CitS was alright. I didn't like it as much as the others. I think I waited pretty much the entire movie for Sheeta and Pazu to kiss, and it never happened.

Notice how I said Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea. I watched the Japanese version about three months before it was released in the US on animecrazy or something. I can't stand the crappy job they did on the dub. But I love the storyline and the animation. The storm scenes were my favorite. From when Sosuke left the daycare on to when Lisa left the house to Sosuke.

Ghibli is just, there are no words to express how much I love it.

-I had the biggest crush on Haku. Still do, as a matter of fact.-Immediately fell in love with HMC. It's my favorite of all the Ghibli's. I still have a sweet spot for Howl. I just love him to pieces.

-Totoro, well, I don't see how anyone CAN'T like this movie. Didn't have much of a plot, but I liked that.

Ghibli is just, there are no words to express how much I love it.
Yesyesyes! 8D You're like my twin now. xD

I'd love to see Porco Rosso. o: Maybe I'll get it soon.

I love all the movies! The only ones I haven't watched are Porco Rosso and Whispers of the Heart. Gonna get them soon! My favourite has got to be Spirited Away because it's so cool and it feels like I've watched it before somewhere. Like I saw all this happen before but I know I haven't!! I just don't know how to explain!! Hahaha :mellow:

Latest posts

Back