Home remedies

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lady_Shay

Reaction score
United States, stalking you. Turn around.
A while back there was a home remedies topic, so now I'm bringing it back.

Here are some I know:

-Wet your hair, cover it with honey, leave for 25-30 minutes, then wash out with shampoo. After hair drys, brush hair with a soft-bristled brush. Hair will be very shiny. (I just tried this. It works. =D) It is also said you can use olive oil instead, or maybe even combine the two

-To cure warts, put a piece of duct tape over it, change it everytime you shower. Do this for six weeks, and the wart will be gone.

Ginger root, chopped up and ground for the juices in a cup. Add water, warm up, add lemon/lime and honey for taste. Works like a charm for upset stomachs every time. I once had a terrible one right before I had to go to work, couldn't even walk. Drank some ginger...was up and running in less than half an hour. :ichigotchi:

I'm sure this is pretty common, but toothpaste gets rid of zits.

Also, if your hair is frizzy, get a new can of peanut butter and put the oils that rise to the top in your hair. It looks shiny, not greasy, it gets rid of the frizz and it doesn't smell bad at all.

Hair:

Rub baby powder in your hair to make it appear less greasy.

Lemon juice on your hair in the sun lightens it.

Acne:

Dip a cotton ball in lukewarm water and put salt on it after it's soaked. Put over a zit and keep it there about two minutes. Should dissolve the head.

Put Visine (eye drops) on a zit to make the redness go down.

For acne scars, but Vitamin E oil on it every night.

Not really a remedy, but a tip. You really shouldn't, but if you're trying to pop a zit or a blackhead or something, don't squeeze more than three times. Could inflame the skin.

Try using the Clean&Clear Oil Absorbing Sheets too.

Sunburn:

Aloe, or lotion.

Ice water, and wait til it starts to collect condensation and put it on the sunburnt area. Doesn't heal it, but it brings down the pain.

And for dry skin, Kukui Nut Oil is amazing.

Works on those little red dots you can get from shaving.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is REALLY common. I think.

Lemon juice, honey and hot water for sore throats. It tastes kinda nice too :p

BTW, I'm posting this from my aunties. Won't be there often D:

Last edited by a moderator:
This is REALLY common. I think.
Lemon juice, honey and hot water for sore throats. It tastes kinda nice too :eek:

BTW, I'm posting this from my aunties. Won't be there often D:
Was just about to say that one. :kuribotchi:

Well, in my family we call that Miel de abeja con limon(Bee honey with lemon) It really does work, and tastes great as well.

I have a whole book on Home Remedies. I'll post some later when I get up from the computer. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back