Sign in to follow this  
Astromeno

Why don't other companies make REAL VPs anymore?

I've read a topic on Tama-Zone about "Fake VPs", or virtual pets that don't have the characteristics of real VPs (not neccessarily like Fake Tamas), and I have a question for the toymakers and others out there:

Why don't other companies make and sell REAL, DECENT/GOOD/BETTER Virtual Pets? What do you think (sorry if my capitalization bothered anyone)?

I agree with you. The vintage pets seem to be the ones with the most charm. You'd think with the advance of technology, there would be better-quality more advanced v-pets, but there aren't. The newer virtual pets seem to be focused on more games and pure entertainment and less on the actual care of the pet. I miss the 90's....I wish I knew then what I do now....

Probably because after the fad no one bought them anymore, the same thing happened with Bandai America. There was a like 3-4 year period where Bandai didn't release anything in the US. So, the companies had to close. I wish some would come back (ie Watercore Ltd.), but it would be even harder for them to sell VPs now especially in the economy we're in :)

Ech, its those companies faults for not trying harder. If it had been Nintendo, you bet they would have come up with something innovative to make it fresh again.

I dont really get why the fad completely died. It could have lasted longer if the bigger brands added more features earlier, like weather, more food/ game choices, bigger screen, better sound, etc.

The ones from 96-98 do have the best charm to them for sure. I am a 23 y/o male, I just cannot do the modern stuff.. but I like my old dinopet/ chicknoch etc.